Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

20" 3 piece forged wheel for $777 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-04, 08:33 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wheel may of cracked but it was handled in a professional matter where the customer was not inconvenianced finacially.They may of had to of waited for 3 wks, but customer satifaction was their(hre) #1 priority and it showed through the letters that were posted..In one case one of the guys received a brand new wheel!!! My point is that HRE stood behind their product and I can't say that about alot of other companies out their that claim to make quality wheels an customer service..And this is coming from someone that doesn't own a set of HRE's...
Old 04-24-04, 03:19 PM
Cali_GS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fongx
Cast the first stone? Check these recent links.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...&highlight=hre

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/show...?threadid=30097
Welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 04-24-04, 03:21 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey Darius, I think alot of us like HRE's alot and would love to have them so they are kinda held in high regard, may come off as snobbish I guess. kinda like JP tails!
And those JP TAILS Are HOT!!! Too bad they cost $1200.00.

Hey, I just saw your sig: iForged Tekniks?!!!!

Can't wait to see those photos.

Last edited by TwentyTen; 04-25-04 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-24-04, 05:37 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Darius2004
And those JP TAILS Are HOT!!! Too bad they cost $1200.00.

Hey, I just saw your sig: iForged Tekniks?!!!! "Damn you bastids!"

Can't wait to see those photos.
Hard to miss this thread.. Awesome car D

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=117965
Old 04-25-04, 01:43 AM
Fongx
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

From your statement, are you implying that the other wheel company will not handle the case as professionally? I highly doubted - I am sure they will do the same or more.

Don’t criticize other wheel manufactures’ quality and engineering when you own wheels have a history of cracking. I guess because the problems were found before being a catastrophic failure it is considered to be ok.

Originally posted by johnee78
The wheel may of cracked but it was handled in a professional matter where the customer was not inconvenianced finacially.They may of had to of waited for 3 wks, but customer satifaction was their(hre) #1 priority and it showed through the letters that were posted..In one case one of the guys received a brand new wheel!!! My point is that HRE stood behind their product and I can't say that about alot of other companies out their that claim to make quality wheels an customer service..And this is coming from someone that doesn't own a set of HRE's...
Old 04-25-04, 08:53 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

If your referring to my previous post I wasn't making a statemant from an HRE owners view but from a customer who had issues with other companies in the past and they wouldn't even try to help me out or hear me for the matter..I don't own a wheel specific wheel at the moment and I was just stating from a customers point of view..It's amazing that you joined CL just to say that??
Old 04-25-04, 10:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally posted by Fongx
From your statement, are you implying that the other wheel company will not handle the case as professionally? I highly doubted - I am sure they will do the same or more.

Don’t criticize other wheel manufactures’ quality and engineering when you own wheels have a history of cracking. I guess because the problems were found before being a catastrophic failure it is considered to be ok.

chill ,, not that johnee is a close friend but johnee does have a wealth of knowledge on wheels especially jdm wheels , he has taken vast amounts of time researching the diff manf and his statement regarding how it was handled imo was right on target..

great response johnee
Old 04-26-04, 09:26 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Guys I did not post this to start a War! I was just asking a question? .................Remember there are very good wheels out there that don't cost high dollars......Just Look before you Buy........Piece Brothers!
Old 04-26-04, 10:14 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So, who exactly are you? Fong... as in Vince?

HRE has never made this issue a secret. To be honest, I feel we have dealt with it in a very straightforward and professional manner. The early 547 wheels were all recalled and replaced at no charge. Due to some vehicles and wheels changing hands, there were a few customers we were not able to contact. However, every effort was made to get the newer version of the 547 into customers' hands as soon as possible. On many vehicles, the strength was not even an issue- they were replaced as a precaution.

When the 547 style wheel was designed in 1997 (back before many of the 'other' three-piece wheel manufacturers even existed), it was designed by a now ex-HRE draftsman who was hired by the original founder of HRE. He was a terrific draftsman and sort of a jack of all trades (out of necessity). Unfortunately, he was not a degreed Engineer and did not understand the subtleties of what fatigue does to a wheels' structure.

When the present owners of HRE took over in early 1998 the staff was given a significant overhaul. Included in this overhaul were the hiring of our current President, VP, Engineer, and myself. The entire 540 wheel line was analyzed and refined. The more recent releases of the 640 SUV series, 440R series, 840R series and Competition series are all a culmination of our knowledge and expertise of how to design great wheels.

Are you serious? Has there ever been a question about HRE's dedication to quality and customer satisfaction? You mention "cast the first stone..." HRE and I have never hidden behind anything. There have however been numerous complaints about how a few other wheel companies have handled a variety of customer issues- some seem to choose not to address it at all. Others actually do have dignity and integrity.

I am not sure how this turned into an attack on HRE (but I have my suspicions about an "agenda"). My presence on this board is because I am a Lexus enthusiast and a car guy. If I can share some knowledge and help educate others, I think that is a worthwhile, constructive, and positive way to conduct myself. Can you say the same? Do you even have the ***** to identify yourself?

Regards,

Bob Hale
Project Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
bobh@hrewheels.com
Old 04-26-04, 10:22 AM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

I agree that it is not right for a wheel to crack and fail. However the manner in which HRE handled those cases was professional and the customer came first, which is the important thing and I applaud them for that.
Based on your posts in this and the threads you linked, Fongx, it appears you have an agenda to tarnish HRE's reputation. Since you joined M3Forum.com, all 10 of your posts there flame HRE. You specifically joined this forum to do the same, and in both threads whenever someone even mentions that HRE is professional and has great customer service, you get uppity and defensive about iForged and assume we are putting down other brands. Now I don't have anything against people spreading the word and warning others about serious problems with certain companies, but this is a respectable company and whenever something bad happens to a respectable company, things get blown out of proportion. Yes, their wheels cracked; and yes they took responsibility and rectified the problem. Your responses dismiss their professionalism while constantly bringing up that there are other good companies i.e. iForged(and no one said there werent other good companies). You’ve tried to tell everyone how “unacceptable HRE” is , isn’t it about time you hopped over to some other auto forum and spam them too? This is just my few cents.

Jesse ****

Last edited by MagusFuria; 04-26-04 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-26-04, 11:04 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Right On !!! Mr. Jesse ****
Old 04-26-04, 11:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't want to put too much comments on this thread specially this topic coz' i have hre, and i don't want anyone to start making a fool out of themselves by saying that i am biased, etc... the botttom line, people get hre for a reason, no matter what it is. to me, it's that they make high quality stuff, perfect customer service, and they let their products speak for themselves.

just back from HIN yesterday and among all the high end cars (cars that people really know what they are doing), 70% of them have hre. tell me why that would be the case if hre is bad. again i am not saying hre is the king and others are all crap, but i am saying hre is definitely doing their job to make their stuff worth the money to many people.

to me, company hard press can only do so much to a product, customer feedback is the ultimate source for influence. you have a good product and service, people will come back to you and bring referrals. if you have a bad product or service, i don't care if the price is dirt cheap, coz' 1) people would still talk crap about you and 2) only worthless people would buy stuff based on price.

i sincerely think that most people on clublexus are not blind. they do reserach, they study, and they buy. they make sure they spend their pennies well and they do the judge. that's why i keep on seeing all the high quality constructive information floating all around here. and that's why this society is up there.

and i want to thank bob of hre again for giving out all the information. without you, most of us wouldn't have learnt so much
Old 04-26-04, 11:30 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Wow this thread has taken an ugly turn eh? As I stated before, HRE's are not the end all and be all of wheels, but they are held in high regard around this and other boards, I am POSITIVE there are other wheels out there that are made well, and are not as expensive, I guess its all about finding the right one that works for you.

Good luck Darius and Lex with the wheel search!

Also could So Cal or someone else thats "in the know" please answer my Cast, forged, billet questions all at once? I'd like to have that in this thread it would probably be helpful!
Old 04-28-04, 03:44 PM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

IMO opinion I think there are plenty of companies besides HRE that make quality wheels, the only reason why alot of people still choose HRE is because they've been around for a while, but even a well built and good quality wheel may have problems because you got to remember we are humans and we can't make everything perfect just better.
Old 04-29-04, 06:18 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Bob Hale:

I appreciate you acting professionally and clearing things up. I value the information in your posts, as you clearly have a lot of product knowledge.

To everyone else:

I do not have HRE and in fact will have a competitor's wheels on my car but I do agree that many "in the money" and "in the know" enthusiasts rock HRE wheels. Clearly they are quality wheels, but the reason why so many people have them also has a lot to do with the fact that they were an early name in the wheel game and that they market themselves effectively.

Many other names Symbolic, I-Forged, etc etc etc also make very high quality product and a lot comes down to preference and price.

Ted

Quick Reply: 20" 3 piece forged wheel for $777 ?