Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Calling all owners with 20" rims on a SC, insurance won't pay out; need your help!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-04, 06:52 PM   #1
Jaylex
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 90
Default Calling all owners with 20" rims on a SC, insurance won't pay out; need your help!

Ok, here's the deal, had a 1995 SC 400 with some 20x8.5 giovanna berlin's on it with some toyo 245-35-20 tires, and they were stolen back in july. I've been going back and forth with the insurance company about this since last summer, they finally denied my claim today because they have an expert who initially said 20's wont even fit, then I showed him a pic of a SC with 20's and he said if you could get them on they would definately rub, well I had my rims on for about 6k miles and do not drive hard at all and because they didn't see any trie transfer marks on the fender linings they say I never had them on there and denied my claim, I was hoping that some of you could help me out, my tires were correct and my bolt pattern and offset were correct also so they didnt rub at all, does anyone else have a sc with 20's that dont rub and if so can you type up something describing your situation because if not I am out $3,500 with no recourse,hope you can help a fellow lexus owner. thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Jaylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 07:03 PM   #2
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Vegassc400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Glued to my desk.
Posts: 3,746
Default

Keep in mind, this "expert" is most likely an employee of the insurance company. If he is truly unbiased, tell him to check out pictures of them on Manaray's or Twankys ride. There are enough SC's running around on 20's you should be able to find some more pics. Most insurance companies have a mediator they go to if you are disputing the claim. If worse comes to worse, threaten to take your business elsewhere. Have your friends and family who have the same insurance company do the same. In all honesty most people wouldn't want an insurance company that denied claims by guessing what will and won't fit on their car.
__________________
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
1995 SC400. Platinum with black interior.
Performance - Custom exhaust. Injen Intake. CD/Slotted Rotors.
Exterior - 19" Racing Hart M5's. BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires. Painted Engine Bay. D-Speed clear corners.
Interior - Pioneer DVD Head Unit. Sylvania Silverstar headlights. Lextech Gauge Cluster. Leatherseats.com Two Tone.
Vegassc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 07:11 PM   #3
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,139
Default Re: Calling all owners with 20" rims on a SC, insurance won't pay out; need your hel

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaylex
Ok, here's the deal, had a 1995 SC 400 with some 20x8.5 giovanna berlin's on it with some toyo 245-35-20 tires, and they were stolen back in july. I've been going back and forth with the insurance company about this since last summer, they finally denied my claim today because they have an expert who initially said 20's wont even fit, then I showed him a pic of a SC with 20's and he said if you could get them on they would definately rub, well I had my rims on for about 6k miles and do not drive hard at all and because they didn't see any trie transfer marks on the fender linings they say I never had them on there and denied my claim, I was hoping that some of you could help me out, my tires were correct and my bolt pattern and offset were correct also so they didnt rub at all, does anyone else have a sc with 20's that dont rub and if so can you type up something describing your situation because if not I am out $3,500 with no recourse,hope you can help a fellow lexus owner. thanks
if the offset is correct, with that tire size, which is what you should have gotten anyway, wouldn't really rub too bad. the most, if anything, would be when you put the steering wheel at full lock (left or right) and you might rub the front and back of the wheel well. otherwise you can really go without rubbing at all.

there are TONS of people here with 20s (in the case of GS i can easily name more than 6)

plus what the hell are they talking about. you have no rub mark so that means you never had the rims? can they put up any lamer excuse? if that's their arguement i will get a set of 18s that rub super bad and after 2 months i will file a claim for 20s. they are plain stupid. first time i hear insurnace use this kind of excuse to deny a claim.

do you have the offset for your wheels?

we got tons of experts here on this topic
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 07:14 PM   #4
johnee78
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)
 
johnee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,280
Send a message via AIM to johnee78
Default 1st what insurance company are you with???

Depending on the insurance company, all you need is a receipt for the rims and proof such as a picture to get re-imbursed for the wheels..I pay more money and have piece of mind by having STATE FARM as my insurance.I have never met anybody who has had a problem with a claim from them..If your insurance stated that they would cover aftermarket wheels then I would suggest legal action..
__________________
"modded in the US, special ordered from japan!"
VIP147

http://www.jobdesign.co.jp/
johnee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 07:24 PM   #5
Jaylex
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 90
Default

Well statefarm is the insurance company and this is my second run in with them and my second denail. I seriously need some help with this, I cant explain why they didnt rub, they think I have something to do with it, but I did't it was horrible to come outside and see my baby sitting up on cinder blocks. The adjuster is an *******. Seems funny that tey dont ask for pics or anything, just got a new Ins company and they take a pic of the car stock to prevent something like this, and like a dummy I dont have any pics of the car. What should I do?
Jaylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 09:12 PM   #6
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,139
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaylex
Well statefarm is the insurance company and this is my second run in with them and my second denail. I seriously need some help with this, I cant explain why they didnt rub, they think I have something to do with it, but I did't it was horrible to come outside and see my baby sitting up on cinder blocks. The adjuster is an *******. Seems funny that tey dont ask for pics or anything, just got a new Ins company and they take a pic of the car stock to prevent something like this, and like a dummy I dont have any pics of the car. What should I do?
honstly i have no idea. but to me their theory of "it's not going to fit" is just plain lame. honestly i think most people have better ideas about wheles than he does anyway. get a lawyer and sue the hell out of them?
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 09:19 PM   #7
johnee78
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)
 
johnee78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,280
Send a message via AIM to johnee78
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rominl
honstly i have no idea. but to me their theory of "it's not going to fit" is just plain lame. honestly i think most people have better ideas about wheles than he does anyway. get a lawyer and sue the hell out of them?
I'm with rominl on this one!!! Sue them and we'll see what other excuses they come up with.. I'm suprised to see that state farm is acting this way ,but they do require you to have pics of your car in order to prove that you had the wheels on your car.Maybe getting a lawyer would help...$3500 is not chump change...
__________________
"modded in the US, special ordered from japan!"
VIP147

http://www.jobdesign.co.jp/
johnee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-04, 03:22 PM   #8
BCSC300
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 53
Default

I ran into a similar probelm with an old car of mine. There is no use wasting your time arguing your case with the adjuster. My advice to you would be getting a very persistant lawyer and arguing the case in small claims court (In Mass. i believe anything under $7000 is considered a small claim, i'm not sure about your county).

GOOD LUCK
BCSC300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-04, 04:12 PM   #9
BmoreGS4
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
BmoreGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 267
Default

I it all depends on the ins company the same thing happened to me in Feb. ( i spoke about in the GS curse thread) I am with nationwide I called the police, filed a report, called my insurance company told them my tire size (i actually gave them the wrong size ), wheel type and diameter. They had someone comeout with factory wheels they drove it to a shop about an hour away (they said they had the lowest prices) they replaced wheels in tires in about a week. I paid the 250 deductible took it the adjuster and said my bumper scratches came from the theft took it to the dealer got a paint quote and the ins cut the check. I thought a whole week was a long time but in hindsight it was reasonable. Statefarm should not even be putting you through this. I agree with Rom get a lawyer and get your money back plus pain&suffering.

few quick questions:

Did you file a police report?
Do you have any witness that can do an affidavit saying you had 20s?
Can the seller or the shop who put them on back you up?
haven't you heard of wheel locks (thats what the police asked me)?
__________________
1998 Alpine Silver GS400 - Gone but not 4 forgotten...

2006 Obsidian GS300 AWD - Something Wicked this way comes...

I only ride Lexus to hug your road, I love your corners, you have my soul...Thnx Hov
BmoreGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-04, 09:39 PM   #10
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 79,139
Default

yeah, basically the way i see it, having a set of rims stolen is already sad enough, personally i wouldn't need anymore stupid people talking to me. i want solutions, no problems. so i would just get a lawyer and have him settle with insurance. oh and of course, make sure insurance company pay your lawyer too, you don't pay NOTHING
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-04, 09:39 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
20, action, carolina, cheap, company, insurance, legal, pay, rims, sc, south, stolen, threaten, tire, tires, wont

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info