Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Thinking About these Rims ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 11:27 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking About these Rims ??

Wusup Fellas, i'm thinking about getting these rims. I want to have a new set hopefully before the NJ meet this 25th of April. What do you think about these?
Attached Thumbnails Thinking About these Rims ??-giovanna_attack.jpg  
Old 04-11-04, 11:28 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for not stating before, in case you didn't know, these are the Giovanna Attack's, not a knockoff. the real deal
Old 04-12-04, 12:22 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

these are the Giovanna Attack's, not a knockoff. the real deal
Giovanni is a knockoff company that steals other company's designs like Racing Hart and claim it as their own....Most people are tricked into Giovanni because rappers like 50 Cent are promoting them as the REAL DEAL "BLING BLING" company, but in reality they are just another KNOCKOFF...

Your actually not getting a quality wheel for your HARD earned money...
It would be a smarter choice to look elsewhere...

If you really want HIGH QUALITY CHROME wheels, I would consider reputable companies like Lowenhart and HRE..

But the ultimate decision is yours, we here at the CL just wanna look out for our fellow members so they don't get tricked into buying low quality wheels for a HIGH price... In the long run, these wheels will eventually give out on you and you may end up spending more than you intended...

You can also do a search regarding Giovanni, you will find that most people on the board is not very fond of this company, especially Manaray...
Old 04-12-04, 01:17 AM
TxLexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ve seen alot of those wheels on Big SUV Escalade mainly. I have never seen it on a Sedan.

IMO, Giovanna is KMC of the millenia.

Good luck
Old 04-12-04, 04:48 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Giovanni is a knockoff company that steals other company's designs like Racing Hart and claim it as their own....Most people are tricked into Giovanni because rappers like 50 Cent are promoting them as the REAL DEAL "BLING BLING" company, but in reality they are just another KNOCKOFF...

Your actually not getting a quality wheel for your HARD earned money...
It would be a smarter choice to look elsewhere...

If you really want HIGH QUALITY CHROME wheels, I would consider reputable companies like Lowenhart and HRE..

But the ultimate decision is yours, we here at the CL just wanna look out for our fellow members so they don't get tricked into buying low quality wheels for a HIGH price... In the long run, these wheels will eventually give out on you and you may end up spending more than you intended...

You can also do a search regarding Giovanni, you will find that most people on the board is not very fond of this company, especially Manaray...
Excellent write up One.

I think he said it all and I'll sum it up for you..

Look elsewhere

-Anthony
Old 04-12-04, 07:45 AM
2KGS400
Driver

Cool

I personally think these rims look really really good. There's at least one car in the gallery with these rims, I don't remember the username but he has bikini clad girls posing with his car .
Before reading some of the write ups on here I thought Giovanna were high end wheels too, along with Lexani and Zenetti (I now know better).
I saw a full set of 20x8.5's at a local shop for $1599. If you do get them make sure not to overpay.
Old 04-12-04, 09:01 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
The ultimate decision is yours, we here at the CL just wanna look out for our fellow members so they don't get tricked into buying and you may end up spending more than you intended
That's the really funny thing about Giovanna, they have really done something that other wheel companies have not, they have created the false perception that they are "upscale" wheels although they are not. I was having the conversation with someone the other day that a lot of people think Giovanna is a "cut above" the other wheel companies, when in actuality they are not. They have no structural or finish advantage over any other "cost effective" wheel, yet they cost more!!

That has to be the best marketing scheme ever, take a generic product, give it a 4 syllabal name, then charge 15-25% more than comparable generic products!!

My boy has some 20"Giovanna Babados on his GS4, and I think they are nice looking wheels, but the other day he was telling me that he can see some imperfections in the chrome (he has had them for about 6-8 months). They look just like a Zenetti wheel called the Lucre, yet they cost about 4-500 bucks more for the set.

I say if you like them, then buy them man, just don't think you are getting the "real deal" unless you get the multipiece models (GFG) which cost 1600-2000 bucks per wheel!! (WAYYY overpriced )
Old 04-12-04, 09:14 AM
2KGS400
Driver

Heh, I used to think Lexani was the "top of the top". They brainwashed me by having really slick looking ads in every custom car magazine. I had a set on my LS400 that held up pretty well appearance wise but were heavy as hell.
Old 04-12-04, 09:48 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the classifieds, there are a couple of sets of 20" chrome wheels with tires for sale, one which is going for 1600 with tires and is in MD.
Old 04-12-04, 10:52 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JohnGS4 - I agree with DGOT20s. You may not see it at first, but as time goes on, you can totally see the difference of quality between the "real deal" and knock-off wheels. Quality wheels will simply hold up more "abuse" and last much longer. Giovanna (as well as Lexani) may not have quality wheels, but I must admit that their marketing is simply marvelous (quite parallel to Bose's marketing techniques).

It's kind of odd that companies such as Giovanna and Lexani have created more quality wheels under sub-companies (GFG, Asanti, etc.). Of course, due to their huge prices, they are easily banking since they have built a reputation amongst the mainstream community.

And by the way, there are a few GS's on ClubLexus with Giovanna Attack wheels. They were not the worst wheels I seen on GS but they weren't really my cup of tea.

2KGS400 - I used to be brainwashed a few years back, but Manaray un-brainwashed me with the ways of quality JDM and U.S. (both forged and cast) wheels.
Old 04-12-04, 11:00 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Like everyone it's up to you...BUT

Years ago I used to have giovanna wheels and I thought they were top end wheels and I learned more about quality I realized that the chrome that was peeling from my wheels is not a sign of a quality wheel..Not to mention that their customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I had called numerous time and all I ever got out of them "well it's not covered under warranty" I guess you have to be SHAQ or have a shop who sucks them off like WEST COAST CUSTOMS does in order to treated with some respect.This is my personal opinion and I'm telling you from experiance that these wheels and the company are GARBAGE!!!!!!!Also gianelle wheels which is also made by giovanna.. If your going to get wheels from a company like this then maybe your better off just saving some of your money and buy zenetti or other companies like that because at least your not paying top dollar for a set of wheels that are not the best of quality.Good luck on your search..
Old 04-12-04, 11:19 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not my fault that I'm surrounded by bling
Thers nothing wrong with BLING, but there is something wrong with pitting rims...Can you PIT,PIT..
Old 04-12-04, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i agree very much with D here, Giovanna i don't really think too much of them. make sure when you see a rim, you don't just look at the price