Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

rdm wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-04, 05:10 PM
twankys
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rdm wheels

i ordered some wheels from rdm wheels and they seem to be jerking me around on whether the wheels have shipped or not? anyone had experience with them? got my spinners today oooowwwweeeee are they gonna look sharp

thanks
Old 03-30-04, 05:14 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spinners? why?
Old 03-30-04, 05:19 PM
legendary
Racer

You probably should have done your homework on them.

There is a 30-40 page thread on RDM and I-Forged wheels and their excellent customer service

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...iforged+wheels
Old 03-30-04, 05:28 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Damn man, with all the questions I answered for you, you NEVER told me who you were going to order them from!!!!!! When you said you found the wheels and all, I figured they were local! This friggin SUCKS **** man, I hope things get straightened out!! I think RDM had a very large part in that fiasco that someone posted too!!
Old 03-30-04, 05:33 PM
twankys
Driver

so im assuming your being sarcastic.....see i have talked with the wheel company and they said the wheels shouldl be available in april but rdm wheels said they have already shipped them but i have tried to get a tracking number from them and they said it takes 24 hours...well he said they shipped yesterday so i called today and tried to get my tracking number but the guy there said he cant get ahold of the guy the does the ordering and shippin....so im guessin the wheels have even come to them yet they just told me they had them and were shipping them for some strange reason....but im getting ahold of the wheel company and asking them if the wheels are ready yet.......does everyone think i should cancel my order if i find out they were lying to me about shipping them? the thing is there were like 200 bucks cheaper than everywhere else but i dont appreciate being jerked around if that is whats happening?

thanks

i just like the flashy look man pulls lots of boppers but am nervouse bout jealous people trying to steal them
Old 03-30-04, 05:40 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Dont know what you meant about sarcasm, i was just saying I wish I new where were getting them from, I would have put you on about the other story. I dont know man, your story is sounding very similar to the other RDM one (which is not good).

Let me ask this, what type of wheel did you get, that you can call the company and check on shipping info? Did you get them from some sort of custom company? Most off the shelf companies (mostly the cast type, 2sizes fits all companies) will not even deal with the normal public!

Once again man, good luck with this situation.
Old 03-30-04, 06:02 PM
twankys
Driver

i got them from kmc and i have talked to the guy there through email and he has helped me out alot but i just emailed him explaing my situration and asked them if they have even shipped out my wheel to any of their distributors yet cause he tole me not to long ago that their goal was to have that wheel by april.....so can i cancel my order with rdm and order them from a local shop? i ordered them on a credit card? will this be a problem...oh i wasnt talking to you bout the sarcasm..

thanks man you always come through for me
Old 03-30-04, 06:07 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Dont sweat it man, I guess you can cancel the order if they have yet to take the payment, but in most cases they get that $$$ quick!! LOL Check with your credit card company about cancelling a order/payment whatever.

I dont know if KMC will sells directly to you, but maybe you should find a local place to buy them, you can have your contact ship them to a local shop. This will help you out if there are any problems (you can to head-crackin' without a plane ride )
Old 03-30-04, 06:13 PM
twankys
Driver

yea i know a place to get em here in indy ...rdm was just cheaper though but they already put the money on my credit card but surely this can be taken off without hassle or any extra fees right? i dont know what to do i guess i will wait to see what the guy from kmc tells me and if he says they aint shipped em out yet then im callin that punk and canceling my shi....i aint bout to take no losses on this....dude as bad as the bithc that snitched me out

thanks
Old 03-30-04, 06:15 PM
legendary
Racer

Twankys, I was not being sarcastic towards you. I said excellent customer service meaning NOT.

If you read that thread, (Grab some popcorn), you will TOTALLY see where I am coming from. I just would hate for you to start off like he did. Read it man.....

Good luck
Old 03-30-04, 06:16 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Please note that RDM wheels has a "No cancel No return" policy. I believe JC in the thread linked above tried to cancel and there was no way they would let him. After what he went through, I don't think any CL members would ever recommend RDM wheels (or I-forged for that matter.)

Last edited by Vegassc400; 03-30-04 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-30-04, 06:29 PM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by Vegassc400
Please note that RDM wheels has a "No cancel No return" policy. I believe JC in the thread linked above tried to cancel and there was no way they would let him. After what he went through, I don't think any CL members would ever recommend RDM wheels (or I-forged for that matter.)
I beleive you are right. Hence again, why I am concerned that you ordered from them.

The FIRST and ONLY time I heard about them was negative. And it was in that thread I posted. Never heard of them before. I really hope they do not screw you over.

Cliff notes on the thread:
-JC orders a set of wheels from RDM
-RDM charges for wheels and commits to certain date
-Committed date passes, JC (customer) is put through a 6-7 month ordeal waiting for wheels/$$/wheel compensation
-After Christmas, (nearly 20o4,ordered in July 2003) gets last wheel

Get on the ball with them man, it will not be good for a second victim
Old 03-30-04, 06:41 PM
twankys
Driver

what is jc screen name can i contact him? man im starting to get a bad feeling about this

thanks everyone
Old 03-30-04, 06:45 PM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by twankys
what is jc screen name can i contact him?
thanks everyone

jjc01
Please Read

Again, best luck. Not trying to scare you, but you need to be ready, that is all
Old 04-01-04, 05:25 PM
twankys
Driver

rdm wheels called me today while i was a twork and gave me the tracking number for my wheels. i came home and checked to see if it was a legit number and it was boy was i happy. but i got to thinking when you ship something fedex can you already have the package sealed and taped up and take it to fed ex and have them ship it? i was just worried that maybe rdm wheels damaged the wheels before they boxed them up and then they will blame it on fedex....anyone know how fedex policy works for this?i know its a longshot but just something i was thinking about.or does the sender have to open the box and show the condition of the product before fedex agrees to ship them and insure them? i still do not recommend rdm wheels. yea they got my order when they said they would but the customeer service is awful and i looked in a tampa phone book and their company is not listed....so that and other things made me suspicious of them and that is why i would not recommend them. the wheels will be here saturday so i am hoping everything goes well and the wheels have no defects but if someone could fill me in on the fedex policies for shipping that owuld be great

thanks guy
show pics when i get em

Quick Reply: rdm wheels