Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

wheels, more difficult then expected

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-04, 07:35 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels, more difficult then expected

Hello all I'm having a very hard time making a decision on wheels I thouht I wanted HRE 540's until I started looking in the gallery, I don't know what I want. I really like the Black center and huge polished lip look and I also like the full polished look *sigh* .... decisions decisions... So what do you guys suggest? are there any difference between the two types thats worthy of note?
In other words I need help with this, I never bought rims of this caliper before and I'm only going to do this to the GS because its my sporty ride and I absolutely love the look of your cars with the deep dish wheels and want that look for my car ( maybe an awkward look for a female) I love cars so what can I say.
I don't want crome wheels they must have that race look. Size really don't matter well maybe, I drive the car mostly on the weekends and running around town shopping etc. but its not my daily driver. Its the car that I drive when I want to have fun, thats why I now (with the help of you alls bad influence on me hehe) want to do an aftermarket wheel set up. My girlfriends and female family members are really going to think I've lost it now. Oh my car is black, and money is not really an issue. Do I also need suspension and what not? Please excuse much of my ignorance with this, just call it a female thing

Last edited by Milla...; 02-20-04 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-20-04, 08:19 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

High polished HRE 540R's would look sweet on a black GS. Just ask TTurboPimp - his ride is HOT!!

Here's a picture barrowed from the gallery..I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here

IMO, if you go with black wheels I think it gives the car a sportier, racier look. Which isn't a bad thing if that's what you're into.

Oh and you'll definitely need to drop it since you'll most likely be getting larger diameter wheels. You don't want to be driving around at stock height with madd wheel gap and larger diamater wheels - it'll make your car look like an SUV. You said money was no issues so I would definitely look into getting a set of adjustable coilovers - depending on how you want the car to ride they have coilovers which cater to anything from comfort-spec to full out race spec and some in between.

Just mt 2cents

-Seize
Old 02-20-04, 08:37 AM
Milla...

Oh, My, Word!!! I don't know if I seen that one, its like seeing my car complete. Seeeeee now I'm more confused, ahh that set up is just simply awesome. Ok now I need to see the same car with bk centers and polished lips. What size are those? Thats thats thats exactly what I want my car to look like, ok I'm excited can you tell... Thank you very much Seize
Old 02-20-04, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you can search for my car in my gallery too, also 20s hre 540R on blue gs4
Old 02-20-04, 09:14 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Milla...
What size are those? Thats thats thats exactly what I want my car to look like, ok I'm excited can you tell...
THis is what he is running to get that look:

Tein Flex w/ EDFC
Stoptech 14" Front Big Brakes
Powerstop Rear Rotors
HRE 540R's fully polished, including inner barrells...20x9f/ 20x10r with Potenza's

The brakes and EDFC are optional.

Old 02-20-04, 09:15 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Oh, My, Word!!! I don't know if I seen that one, its like seeing my car complete. Seeeeee now I'm more confused, ahh that set up is just simply awesome. Ok now I need to see the same car with bk centers and polished lips. What size are those? Thats thats thats exactly what I want my car to look like, ok I'm excited can you tell... Thank you very much Seize
I believe TTurboPimp is running on 20"s

-Seize
Old 02-20-04, 09:28 AM
Milla...

Thanks guys much appreciated. Hey Neo thanks for the run down, now tell me what the heck that stuff mean I'm totally ???? Tein Flex? EDFC? Are those like shocks or something. The others I can make out.
Old 02-20-04, 09:42 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Thanks guys much appreciated. Hey Neo thanks for the run down, now tell me what the heck that stuff mean I'm totally ???? Tein Flex? EDFC? Are those like shocks or something. The others I can make out.
Tein Flex are coilovers. They take the place of your whole strut assembly. They are fully-adjustable, meaning - you can adjust the ride height and dampening.

EDFC (EDFC - Electronic Damping Force Controller) - *is an in car unit that... "makes it possible for the driver to control the damping force by controlling a motor installed in the shock absorber while being seated in the driver's seat. Since the damping force can be manually controlled with ease to meet different situations, the driver can enjoy variations in the suspension setting."

*text from the Tein website.

Hope this helps,

-Seize

Last edited by Seize; 02-20-04 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-20-04, 09:47 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tein Flex? EDFC? Are those like shocks or something. The others I can make out.
Sorry. I see you made out on the big brakes upgrade he has.

Tein Flex is a set of performance coilovers. If you want more of a cruising-soft-but-better-than-stock perfomance, then Tein CS is a better choice. In addition, both of these will allow you to drop the car for that look. There are other coilovers available but I was just letting you know what TTurboPimp has.

As for EDFC, it is exclusive to Tein coilover systems. Many of the new Teins are dampening adjustable. This means you can adjust your ride from a designated soft to hard settings in 16 increments. In order to do this though, there is a **** on top of each of the coilovers. If you are a set it and forget it type of person, then you won't need EDFC. This unit mounts a motor on each of the coilovers to allow you to change the dampening settings (in pairs: front and back). This means you can change the nature of the ride dynamically. Very cool for when you want to stiffen the ride for some upcoming curves and then set ut back to your cruising/normal driving.

I had the EDFC with Flex and now CS and I love it.

Hope the explanation helps.

Edit: Seize beat me to it but I'll leave all this here anyway.

Last edited by Neo; 02-20-04 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-20-04, 10:24 AM
Milla...

Ohh wow, thats some serious stuff, sounds very cool but doing a bit much for me, I guess I'm your set it and leave it type. Thanks for the info I'm now educated in the world of Tein Flex and EDFC.
Tell me, is this the better stuff I mean are there other brand options that are of the same quality that one may choose from? I know this particular brand came up because its whats being used on the car featured above. I'm sure theres more. I guess I can search that though.
Old 02-20-04, 07:42 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
you can search for my car in my gallery too, also 20s hre 540R on blue gs4
Oh come on Henry!!! Stop being all humble (and lazy) and post some pics of that sweet GS for the girl!!! Sheesh!

Milla, can I ask you what planet you come from because I cannot seem to find girls who are into modding their cars! ...sigh. Take me to your leader!!!

Okay, now back to business...

Seriously Milla, the HRE540R is a truly hot choice for your car. I am in complete agreement with Seize in that you MUST drop your baby with some adjustable coilovers. In truth, they are not really that expensive. They are just more expensive than the other drop options like springs or cup kits.

Another very sweet wheel for your GS is the Zauber Gettin. Member bluelex has one of my favorite GS fitted with some Zauber Gettins. Since Rominl is so lazy I will provide a link to both his car and bluelex's car. Bluelex's car has all chrome Gettins, but you can get them (like I did) in silver face with high polished lip OR just like with the HREs you can custom order them with a black face and a high polished lip. I recieved my Gettins a few weeks ago and will be putting them on mid-March. Will keep you posted. Here are the link of both very delicious cars... enjoy!

Here is Rominl's GS fitted with HRE 540Rs:
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...cat=998&page=3

Here is bluelex's GS fitted with Zauber Gettins (chrome):
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...cat=998&page=1
Old 02-20-04, 11:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha i admit i am kinda lazy sometimes when i have to open another window for the gallery, thanks ron

about my gal (ok, wife), it's funny coz' she wasn't into cars at all, but with the gs4 she's totally hooked coz' she's amazed how nice a car can look. and now, if you want cosmetic, she's definitely up there in terms of taste. on performance she's still learning/lacking, but man, i am kinda scared to teach her sometimes. she can go way crazier than me...
Old 02-22-04, 01:58 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
haha i admit i am kinda lazy sometimes when i have to open another window for the gallery, thanks ron

about my gal (ok, wife), it's funny coz' she wasn't into cars at all, but with the gs4 she's totally hooked coz' she's amazed how nice a car can look. and now, if you want cosmetic, she's definitely up there in terms of taste. on performance she's still learning/lacking, but man, i am kinda scared to teach her sometimes. she can go way crazier than me...

I'm jealous! I want a girl like that!!

Girlie-girls are cool and all.. they have thier appeal. But there is something sumptous and exotic as well as intriguing and beautiful about a woman into cars.

Last edited by MSBoy; 02-22-04 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-23-04, 06:50 AM
Milla...

Well to be honest I really wasen't into my GS until I came here and saw the wonderful potential of these cars, and now I have visions of mine being done like you alls. I've always liked cars but never had a source to inspired me to go any further with my intrest in them, so I say to you all here in Clublexus THANK YOU.

Sorry I had to come back and correct my spelling and grammar it was kinda horrid.

Last edited by Milla...; 02-23-04 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-23-04, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Well to be honest I really wasen't into my GS until I came here and saw the wonderful potential of these cars, and now I have visions of mine being done like you alls. I've always liked cars but never have a sourse to inspired me to go any further with my intrest in cars, so I say to you all here in Clublexus I say THANK YOU.
same here, i got my gs4 for the value but this site changed me totally. just make sure you watch your savings

my suggestion is, be patient, you will find what you want

Quick Reply: wheels, more difficult then expected