Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Is this a good price for Gettins?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-04, 10:37 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this a good price for Gettins?

I got quoted 4200 for chrome Gettins 20x8.5F and 20x10R this is with shipping. Is this a good price?? What type offset should I get? if I do decide with these wheels? I was thinking 44F and 48R for the offset? I like that real low look, would I rub. I have adjustable height suspension. thanks
Old 01-23-04, 10:42 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation Try...

You might want to try GS4WILL, he could probably get you a better deal.

-R-
Old 01-23-04, 11:19 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

What type of shipping is that with? Air or boat? That makes a BIG diff, dont wanna see you still waiting for wheels in August LOL!

PM Will just as a backup!
Old 01-23-04, 11:41 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Lettuce,

Posts like this belong in the wheels forum Please help everyone out by putting your posts in the correct forum / subforum.

Thanks
Old 01-23-04, 12:35 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that price with or without tyres? brand new? if wheels only, the seller better be using space shuttle for shipping/delivery
Old 01-23-04, 12:38 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GS4Will
if wheels only, the seller better be using space shuttle for shipping/delivery
LOL Will good one, I bet some others that got "duped" on wheel orders wished they specified the space shuttle delivery!!
Old 01-23-04, 12:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

is that price with or without tyres? brand new? if wheels only, the seller better be using space shuttle for shipping/delivery
haha, "sir, thanks for ordering the wheels. please open your door in 19 mins and 24 seconds, your signature is required for delivery"
Old 01-23-04, 01:15 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

You know, I think that may be a good price based on the recent price restructuring at Arrow Enterprises (Gettin manufacturer). The company recently had some financial woes and were facing possible bankruptcy. They restructured, however... at least so I believe. JDMSC4 may have more information on this. This situation was addressed in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

But my point is, that the price that Lettuce is getting may be a good one based on the new pricing structure. But I dunno.
Old 01-23-04, 01:16 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm william, am I uninformed? are the gettins still being able to be ordered?

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 01-23-04 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-23-04, 01:47 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

panda..well, in ddec/03, arrow did not want to accept any order and $$$.

though last word from japan from last few days revealed that they did not went thru bankruptcy as originally intended; however, many of their rims and parts are out of stock. as far as resume regular production as usual, the delivery time still needs to be confirmed

your new "choice" is as good, if not better, esp in terms of rarity ..AND, i might have some good news for you next week
Old 01-23-04, 01:55 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

panda..well, in ddec/03, arrow did not want to accept any order and $$$.

though last word from japan from last few days revealed that they did not went thru bankruptcy as originally intended; however, many of their rims and parts are out of stock. as far as resume regular production as usual, the delivery time still needs to be confirmed

your new "choice" is as good, if not better, esp in terms of rarity ..AND, i might have some good news for you next week

Will -

Good detective work my man! and Yes I absolutely am more than satisfied with my "choice" especially since I havent seen anyone besides the particular people we already know post in any other car forum out there with the "choice" , and if those "choice" wheels get here sooner than expected i'll be one happy camper!

sorry everyone for being redundant about the "choice" but it will remain a secret until all mods are done and then car will be unveiled.
Old 01-23-04, 03:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by PandaGS430
Will -

Good detective work my man! and Yes I absolutely am more than satisfied with my "choice" especially since I havent seen anyone besides the particular people we already know post in any other car forum out there with the "choice" , and if those "choice" wheels get here sooner than expected i'll be one happy camper!

sorry everyone for being redundant about the "choice" but it will remain a secret until all mods are done and then car will be unveiled.
damn tease
Old 01-23-04, 03:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by PandaGS430
Hmmmm..........I wonder if your WORKing hard to get the proper EQUIPment for your ride!

Am I getting warm?? LOL

(You can PM me in order to keep all "choices" confidential until the time of introduction :cool)
Old 01-23-04, 04:48 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Not to be a di*k, but can anyone answer Lettuce's question instead of all the jokes? I dont think theres been a yes or no answer in the 20 or so replies this thread has gotten....besides MSBoys speculation.
Old 01-23-04, 04:58 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Lettuce, using the prices on Arrows website, I came up with $3850 just for the wheels and hardware.

No lugnuts

Last edited by mr who; 01-23-04 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Is this a good price for Gettins?