Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Your opinion on DPEngineering Wheels (HRE alternative)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-04, 11:45 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion on DPEngineering Wheels (HRE alternative)

I believe DPEngineering is a new company. Check out the website and look at the showroom. You will see in the showroom that the wheels are definilty made for Lexus cars, but there are currently none posted. The showroom does have pics of the wheels on Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes and Volkswagons. Maybe YOU can be their FIRST Lexus posting! Also, from what I'm hearing, they have incredible customer service! Check it out:

http://www.dpengineering.cc/

Post your opinion!

Last edited by MSBoy; 01-18-04 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-18-04, 12:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah i have seen them here and there on e46fanatics. dunno, i wouldn't get from them before they grow larger and have their products more proven. looking at the pics of the wheels they do look pretty "rough" though. maybe just the pics i don't know

what are their prices btw?
Old 01-18-04, 12:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey guys check out this thread that I started a while back about DPE after I found out about them on M/B world.

Seize's little brother is actually getting a set in 20" brushed aluminum, and I dont remember the exact price, but it was sub 3500 (that would most likely be wheels alone)

Click here for a link to the thread.
Old 01-18-04, 02:35 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Seize's little brother is actually getting a set in 20" brushed aluminum, and I dont remember the exact price, but it was sub 3500 (that would most likely be wheels alone)

Click here for a link to the thread.
Maybe, he's not sure yet. But my other friend has a set on order, he should have them within the 3 weeks or so. He's gettin' the R20's in full polish. 19 x 8 and 19 x10...I'll be sure to post my impressions (and pics) as soon as he gets his wheels.

-Seize
Old 01-18-04, 03:23 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

whoa, they have some nice looking wheels.

this is hot.....

Old 01-18-04, 05:40 PM
LexFather

this is hot.....
Why does that FWD Passat have a staggered (very staggered) setup?
Old 01-18-04, 07:05 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Why does that FWD Passat have a staggered (very staggered) setup?
for some reason, I see lots of the VW guys do that, I've seen a couple in European Car, and I saw one in person about 3wks ago.

Does that improve handling at all? Maybe thats why they do it
Old 01-18-04, 08:54 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
yeah i have seen them here and there on e46fanatics. dunno, i wouldn't get from them before they grow larger and have their products more proven. looking at the pics of the wheels they do look pretty "rough" though. maybe just the pics i don't know

what are their prices btw?
I love simplicity, but the DPEngineering wheel are a little too simple looking IMO. I have been hearing very good things about them though, especially in terms of customer service. Perhaps these are the better alternative to iForged?

I hear they are on par, in terms of price, with HRE.
Old 01-18-04, 09:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MSBoy
I love simplicity, but the DPEngineering wheel are a little too simple looking IMO. I have been hearing very good things about them though, especially in terms of customer service. Perhaps these are the better alternative to iForged?

I hear they are on par, in terms of price, with HRE.
I guess we will have to wait and see, eh? The guys on E46fanatics have these wheels?

I hate surfing over there because I'm so used to CL's forum layout that I'm spoiled, all other forums look jumbled to me!! LOL (M/B world is setup almost the same so its good)
Old 01-18-04, 09:18 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I guess we will have to wait and see, eh? The guys on E46fanatics have these wheels?

I hate surfing over there because I'm so used to CL's forum layout that I'm spoiled, all other forums look jumbled to me!! LOL (M/B world is setup almost the same so its good)
The format over at E46Fanatics is brand-spankin' new! They just upgraded the site last week! Before the upgrade it was the same format as CL.

A few people on E46Fanatics have these wheels already and are raving about them. Here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...4&page=1&pp=20
Old 01-18-04, 09:23 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

The format over at E46Fanatics is brand-spankin' new! They just upgraded the site last week! Before the upgrade it was the same format as CL.

A few people on E46Fanatics have these wheels already and are raving about them. Here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...4&page=1&pp=20
Seemed like a cool enough thread, maybe when Seize's brother gets his he can update us! The only thing I like about the new format is the ability to preview a thread, buy holding the mouse pointer over it, saves me time!
Old 01-18-04, 09:37 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

They have some special intro pricing on their wheels right now. Someone in the post said that the R-16s are looking like this:

19 x 8 $649 each
19 x 10 $675 each

Not bad at all.
Old 01-19-04, 01:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

They have some special intro pricing on their wheels right now. Someone in the post said that the R-16s are looking like this:

19 x 8 $649 each
19 x 10 $675 each

Not bad at all.
that's very cheap!

and yeah i agree with you ron, their design someone seems to be too simple. the spokes are too straight imho. first of all that will have a little bit of big brakes clearance problem, and secondly i just think it doesn't look as nice
Old 01-19-04, 08:11 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

A few close up of their wheels...

Old 01-19-04, 09:29 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Boy that is some SERIOUS lip action on the black wheel, what kind of car was that thing on?

Quick Reply: Your opinion on DPEngineering Wheels (HRE alternative)