Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

are Zauber Gettins Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04, 03:43 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default are Zauber Gettins Dead?

the other day I was on a thread and i dont know what it was about but it was said that Arrow something was not gone but going through a change or something like that arrow I guess is the company that make the zauber gettins is this true? does anyone have info?
Old 01-08-04, 04:10 PM
GGP4me
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mr who may know

That was Mr who who said it in this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...518&perpage=15

he may know more...
Old 01-08-04, 04:40 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

i am still waiting for confirmation from japan, hopefully after this week's tokyo auto salon..(like sema here).

chances are slim, but even if the co still exist, i would def wait for a while before placing orders
Old 01-09-04, 04:16 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4Will
i am still waiting for confirmation from japan, hopefully after this week's tokyo auto salon..(like sema here).

chances are slim, but even if the co still exist, i would def wait for a while before placing orders
nextlevelcoupe says that he can still get them! whats up are the gone or not? on the sad day thread
Old 01-09-04, 04:19 PM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

Originally posted by LEXISM
nextlevelcoupe says that he can still get them! whats up are the gone or not? on the sad day thread
they're always been available. even though they're "re-structuring" in Japan, they do have plenty of sets for sale here in the US. Wheel Power has them, and so does Peter @ Wheel Experts. You just can't order them as of yet... but sets are available. Just at a higher price tag since Will can't get them yet.
Old 01-09-04, 04:27 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

ok thanks for clearing this up JDM
-erick
Old 01-09-04, 05:24 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have called about these.

And wheel experts has given me the best price, but even their price is ridiculous.Just to give you an idea I was quoted from wheel power over $5000 without tires For that kind of money I'm better off buying other wheels for much less (L-sportline,Lowenhart, etc.) I don't care very much about JDM wheels, I simply love the style of the gettins.With those kind of prices they might as well be dead.
Old 01-09-04, 11:43 PM
JDM SC4
Pole Position

Default Re: I have called about these.

Originally posted by johnee78
And wheel experts has given me the best price, but even their price is ridiculous.Just to give you an idea I was quoted from wheel power over $5000 without tires For that kind of money I'm better off buying other wheels for much less (L-sportline,Lowenhart, etc.) I don't care very much about JDM wheels, I simply love the style of the gettins.With those kind of prices they might as well be dead.
i'm assuming you asked for 20's in polished w/ staggered setup correct? prices aren't ridiculous... Wheel Power sets the prices since they were/are the exclusive importer of these rims. Wheel Experts is a business, and they've got to make money too. Since no one else can order them "direct" looks like you have no choice but to either get the Gettins or spend your $$$ elsewhere. It seems no one can order these, unless you go through either two of the companies mentioned above.
Old 01-10-04, 08:14 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thats ok,

Because I don't have too!!!
Old 01-10-04, 08:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: I have called about these.

Originally posted by johnee78
Just to give you an idea I was quoted from wheel power over $5000 without tires
(L-sportline,Lowenhart, etc.) I don't care very much about JDM wheels
FYI, Lowenhart are JDM wheels

Those prices are crazy, 5k without tires is not a markup, its extortion!! Remember that the Gettin is a cast wheel, not forged, those are forged wheel prices (close).

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 01-10-04 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-11-04, 11:58 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

D..you nailed the point on the spot...when arrow japan was taking regular orders on the Gettins, the wheels in 20s is ~ low to mid $3ks, based on air freight from japan..NOT slow container boat
Old 01-12-04, 10:20 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Just want to let you all know that I ordered a set of Zauber Gettins for my BMW 3 weeks ago and am expecting delivery on them this Wednesday according to the UPS tracking number.

I am new to this board and am not sure if it's okay to publically post retailer URLs and phone numbers, so I will not mention the name of the place where I ordered mine at this time. I will say, however, that they are available and the place where I got them provided an incredible buying experience. They were very professional, very friendly and they delivered on time (3 weeks), without ever giving me any false expectations.

By the way, I got a great price on my Zauber Gettins as well. 19x8.5 (front) 19x9.0 (rear)
I would love to post their name so that you guys can check them out, so please let me know if it's okay for me to do so and I will.

Last edited by MSBoy; 01-15-04 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-12-04, 10:32 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by MSBoy
Just want to let you all know that I ordered a set of Zauber Gettins for my BMW 3 weeks ago and am expecting delivery on them this Wednesday according to the UPS tracking number.

I am new to this board and am not sure if it's okay to publically post retailer URLs and phone numbers, so I will not mention the name of the place where I ordered mine at this time. I will say, however, that they are available and the place where I got them provided an incredible buying experience. They were very professional, very friendly and they delivered on time (3 weeks), without ever giving me any false expectations.

By the way, I got a great price on my Zauber Gettins as well. 19x8.5 (front) 19x9.5 (rear)
I would love to post their name so that you guys can check them out, so please let me know if it's okay for me to do so and I will.
should be ok I dont see why it isnt -erick
Old 01-12-04, 10:33 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

5k is is just what "D" said extortion...i'm not sure if they raised the priced lately or always had that price so it kinda depends on that too....if they were always selling them at that price than its just the way sell but if they raised it cus of what happen that its wrong...
Old 01-12-04, 10:48 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LEXISM
should be ok I dont see why it isnt -erick
On one of the BMW forums I am on, they tend to have an issue with posting retailer recommendations if the retailer is not a site sponsor. If that is not the case here, I will gladly post the info. Please let me know.

Quick Reply: are Zauber Gettins Dead?