Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

spinners or regular?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-03, 05:52 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Vegassc400
This is what hell for most CL members would look like
thats a horrible pic .....
Old 12-24-03, 01:21 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Vegassc400
This is what hell for most CL members would look like
or heaven for some!
Old 12-24-03, 02:26 PM
LexFather

no
Attached Thumbnails spinners or regular?-sucka.jpg  
Old 12-24-03, 04:37 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

That's hilarious SICK. Is that one of your buddies PS'ed on the top left? Good one...
Old 12-28-03, 11:54 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
APLUS- thats pretty interesting, I went over to superbuy, but they dont have any pics, do you have any? I know davin makes a quality wheel, I would like to see what they come up with!
The "next big thing" is putting ****ing wood on your rims, i've seen it on asanti (not sure how to spell it) and davins got walnut/burwood/carbonfiber on the rims.

In a few years people will be rollin on wagon wheels "peep out my oak 8 spoke's ***** ****a!"

Honestly when did high quality, nice looking rims go out of style?

Last edited by BigVIPness; 12-28-03 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-29-03, 12:33 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: spinners or regular?

Originally posted by dongfongbubai
since the spinners are very TYTE, i was wondering how would it look on our cars. Does anyone have spinners on their GS? ALso should i go spinners or no?
I just read your sig.... You have alot of tasteful mods so far. PLEASE DONT "F" up your GS with spinners.....
Old 12-29-03, 05:08 AM
legendary
Racer

Thumbs down

Originally posted by SDuquette
They are below me. I don't have gold teeth, saggy pants, money in a roll, and and speak in ebonics. They are absolutely tasteless and just some overpriced fad that screams "Look at ME!!!"
This statement is just as bad as the one from Mike D in the thread PHML pointed out.
I have seen all races/nationalities with spinners, real/fake/hubcaps....and most of them were not of African American descent, as your message implies. (One example on CL is the Wizard). I didn't realize that only one race bought things that were considered stupid/fad-ish. My bad.

I think that it is one thing to say "the rims are ghetto" or "the rims are of low-class", but another WHOLE thing to just say something as ignorant as "only one race of people will purchase those wheels". Different strokes for different folks.

Diversity is the spice of life....if we ALL had Gettins, HREs, Volks, Fikse, Lowenharts, Racing Harts, AutoCouture wheels, then it wouldn't be a big deal. They would be just like how some cars come from the factory now....with 17, 18, even 20" wheels...STANDARD. So you need something to set yourself different from the crowd. You can wear a suit from Sears or a real Armani. Same thing with rims....I prefer Armani, the other guy may not know about it, or can't afford it, or just might be saving up for the house or Armani...you never know. Point is, without diversity, there is nothing to make it special.

I have seen MANY other races with saggy pants, gold/silver teeth as well. Stereotyping does not become you, or any of us here. I think it is sad that folks today still do this after all the years.....its got to stop. At least on CL, it is not tolerated. Let's please make this a happy, healthy environment where we do not have to hang our heads in shame. You can make a difference. We all can.

Back to the topic.

I don't really care for spinners.....I knew this was going to happen...as soon as it was made cheap to buy spinners, we would see them on Civics, Accords, and Chevrolet Celebrities (hubcaps). I have seen all of these....and by ALL kinds of races. Imagine that.

When they first came out, it was a cool concept, for sure....but as with all imitations, it messed up bad in the end. There are *some* guys that do the job right - classy Escalades on 24/26" rims have been spotted and look the right way....but in the end, when those are like American Racing Rims, you are stuck. Good luck trying to sell them....they will be like acid-washed two-tone pants....

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by legendary; 12-29-03 at 05:20 AM.