Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Complete Custom Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 04:41 PM
ISC5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Complete Custom Wheel

Anyone ever try John at CCW? For the roadracing crowd, I think he's a good compromise in pricing and performance. One style, but a very effective, lightweight wheel. I do not have any affiliation with him, but his wheels are on my Corvette, as well as several of my friends' Vettes, Vipers and Supras. Not the most polite guy out there, but he gets the job done. The website is www.ccwheel.com if anyone has an interest. Just another option!
Ronnie
Old 11-20-03, 08:55 AM
TheGVR4kid
Driver School Candidate

John's new 19"s are great looking, but unfortunately only available in 19" as of now.
Old 11-28-03, 02:12 PM
ozarra
Driver School Candidate

I agree that the rims look nice and that they are performant but John isn't the nicest guy out there.

Also, they are in the process of moving, CC W don't seem to really care about customers and the fact that when spending almost 3,000$ for tires and wheels you may have some questions and that he need to be a little bit more customer oriented.

For the price I d'rather go with a larger company and don't get the feeling that HE IS DOING ME A FAVOR. For my money I want a good product of course and the respect that any customer deserve.

Old 11-28-03, 04:47 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by ozarra
I agree that the rims look nice and that they are performant but John isn't the nicest guy out there.

Also, they are in the process of moving, CC W don't seem to really care about customers and the fact that when spending almost 3,000$ for tires and wheels you may have some questions and that he need to be a little bit more customer oriented.

For the price I d'rather go with a larger company and don't get the feeling that HE IS DOING ME A FAVOR. For my money I want a good product of course and the respect that any customer deserve.

What questions did you have the did not get anwsered? Or what problems with him or his wheels?

-Steve
Old 11-29-03, 05:36 AM
ISC5
Driver

Steve, I was about to ask the same thing. Although in my prior post I indicated he is not the most forthcoming or polite individual, he is an excellent manufacturer of a high quality wheel. Both of my Corvettes have adorned his wheels, and I have never had a problem with quality or performance on his behalf. And in all reality, to replicate the weight and looks of a $6k set of wheels at his pricing, he's doing rather well. He's just an old salt who's been doing this in the same small, dingy location forever. I still give an emphatic thumbs up, irregardless of his demeanor.