Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 06:54 AM
Rice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers

Guys, can someone enlighten me as to the pro's and con's of wheel spacers? Why are they used and what do they add to the car's looks/performance?
I have a 97 LS and I need to know what is the optimum size of spacers for my car.
Your advise is appreciated as always.
Old 11-19-03, 08:25 AM
blkstealthpaid4
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been running 1/4 spacers for two yrs since I got my 18s.No problem yet but I think it broke on of my bolts.That is minor to me and I like it for the boldness of the car.
Old 11-19-03, 11:21 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Wheel Spacers

Originally posted by Rice
Guys, can someone enlighten me as to the pro's and con's of wheel spacers? Why are they used and what do they add to the car's looks/performance?
I have a 97 LS and I need to know what is the optimum size of spacers for my car.
Your advise is appreciated as always.
People use spacers to make the wheels stick out more. Why? Some are for looks cuz the car looks better when the wheels are flush with the body of the car. Some other people use spacers to make clearence for their big brake calipers.
I wouldn't recommand on spacers cuz first, spacers will add more stress to the wheel axle. Second, spacers aren't hubcentric nor lugcentric hence you might experience from minor to severe shaking while you are driving.
Are you gonna be running stock wheels with spacers? My advise is don't put spacers. The better way will be upgrade your wheel size to 17, 18, 19 or even 20 inch and get the ultimate staggered setup with correct offsets so you can get the best flush look.

Last edited by ATSOU; 11-19-03 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-19-03, 11:47 AM
Rice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Wheel Spacers

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
People use spacers to make the wheels stick out more. Why? Some are for looks cuz the car looks better when the wheels are flush with the body of the car. Some other people use spacers to make clearence for their big brake calipers.
I wouldn't recommand on spacers cuz first, spacers will add more stress to the wheel axle. Second, spacers are hubcentric nor lugcentric hence you might experience from minor to severe shaking while you are driving.
Are you gonna be running stock wheels with spacers? My advise is don't put spacers. The better way will be upgrade your wheel size to 17, 18, 19 or even 20 inch and get the ultimate staggered setup with correct offsets so you can get the best flush look.
Thanks LT.
I was considering using spacers with stock wheels. I guess I'll do w/o them, since I don't have any real need to have them.