Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   The Press Box (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-press-box-174/)
-   -   ***Official World Cup 2014 Brazil Thread!*** (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-press-box/745528-official-world-cup-2014-brazil-thread.html)

Joey-E 06-10-14 11:43 PM

***Official World Cup 2014 Brazil Thread!***
 
Well its that time again that happens only every 4 years!!! The World Cup!!! :woot:
A time where countries put there differences aside (sort of) and play some ball and represent for their county!!! :thumbup::D


Who will be crowned Word Cup Champions!??? What your guys predictions and who are you rooting for?!! :thumbup::)

Hoovey2411 06-11-14 05:13 PM

Brazil has homecourt advantage which makes them even more dangerous so I can see them winning.

My German/Italian heritage has me rooting for Germany and Italy always, and of course being an American citizen has me cheering for Team USA. My best friend is from Netherlands so I do cheer them on too. Guess you could say I have four teams I wouldn't mind winning the World Cup.

Anybody but Spain and Portugal! :p

Joey-E 06-11-14 05:21 PM

Couldnt be any more right Brazil are the clear favorites this time around they always have a great team but having home field advantage makes them just scary. :eek2:

What a final that was last World Cup with Spain and Netherlands :thumbup::)

I wouldnt mind any winner really but i got a few favorites :D

I just cant wait too see some amazing matches! :woot:

Hoovey2411 06-11-14 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey-E (Post 8578769)
Couldnt be any more right Brazil are the clear favorites this time around they always have a great team but having home field advantage makes them just scary. :eek2:

What a final that was last World Cup with Spain and Netherlands :thumbup::)

I wouldnt mind any winner really but i got a few favorites :D

I just cant wait too see some amazing matches! :woot:

Netherlands beat Brazil to advance to the World Cup last and of course lost to Spain who coincidentally won UEFA in 2008 against Germany and UEFA in 2012 against Italy. Would love to see some revenge :p

Who are your favorites? uh oh hope it's not the one I loathe lol

Joey-E 06-11-14 07:25 PM

My favorites like you make up part of me and my family tree:

I root for the Mexican, Spanish, and French national teams. :thumbup::D

Also like you i will hope best for USA as well since im American and part So Cal Native American on my fathers side got to have some National pride i guess Lol :dunno:

And i just like the Brazilian team because they are damn good and their multi ethnic culture is amazing :D

Hoovey2411 06-11-14 09:14 PM

All good. The beauty of sports is that it promotes teamwork, unity, discipline, heart, strength and many other positives. The world could use more :)

Joey-E 06-11-14 09:40 PM

Agree man wish it was always like that :thumbup:

Joey-E 06-12-14 01:00 PM


The wait is over! Opening match is today! :woot:

Hoovey2411 06-12-14 02:57 PM

Ouch, Brazil scoring against themselves

Gojirra99 06-12-14 03:32 PM

Penalty kick, Brazil 2-1 ......

Gojirra99 06-12-14 03:52 PM

Oscar scores, Brazil 3-1

Joey-E 06-12-14 04:25 PM

Nice way to open up with a win for the home team. :D

Brazil looked sluggish but picked up pace as the match progressed :thumbup:

Only reason why it was 3-1 because of Marcelo accidently put it in the others teams net, otherwise it would of been 3-0. Thought Brazil was going to win 5-0 :thumbup::D

Gojirra99 06-12-14 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey-E (Post 8580252)
Nice way to open up with a win for the home team. :D

Brazil looked sluggish but picked up pace as the match progressed :thumbup:

Only reason why it was 3-1 because of Marcelo accidently put it in the others teams net, otherwise it would of been 3-0. Thought Brazil was going to win 5-0 :thumbup::D

You meant his OWN team's net :p ...
The penalty kick call is a bit controversial though, many saw it as a dive, he went down very easily ...... good win for Brazil nonetheless ....

Joey-E 06-12-14 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirra99 (Post 8580269)
You meant his OWN team's net :p ...
The penalty kick call is a bit controversial though, many saw it as a dive, he went down very easily ...... good win for Brazil nonetheless ....

Opps lol so out of it today. :egads:

Yeah i agree about the controversial call lets hope there isnt any more and the refs get it right through out the world cup but you know how that is were just getting started. So exciting! :thumbup::D

Joey-E 06-13-14 12:42 PM

WOW woW WOW! :eek2: Controversy once again! Giovani Dos Santos clearly not off sides on his goals! :egads::mad:
Glad Mexico still got the win tho!!! :D:woot:

Lets see how Spain does vs Netherlands :thumbup: :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved