Richard Sherman

Old 01-25-14, 10:09 PM   #46
mIS
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Facebook.com/mmalsie Dfa enem 808 Mcm808

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrax144 View Post
I suppose Andrew Luck is going to file for bankruptcy too, right? Sherman's agent has said sponsorship offers have been pouring in. One estimate was he stands to make as much as $5 million in advertising revenue from it.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/showusat.php?id=4896807

Hmm, he sure is some dummy, right? I guess you also don't know about his charity, Blanket Coverage, that gives back to impoverished kids in poor communities?

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-in-super-bowl

Man, that Sherm is such a jerk.

Let's talk about the classless Crabtree who shoves his hand in Sherm's face at the end of the game. That was sure sportsmanlike, right? Or the inactive 49er player on the sideline that knocks Jeremy Lane off his feet while he's trying to get back in bounds during punt coverage. Classy too, right? smh
If Luck doesn't make smart decisions with his money...yah hell file for bk too. What's your point?
Just because someone has a charity, doesn't mean they're a great person. As an example, Look at large corporations that have charities and say a portion of proceeds goes to said charity. Guess what? That company gets a tax break on charitable donations that just goes into their pockets. So they get great pr, a tax break and don't lose any money. Are those companies good companies cus they have a charity? No, it's a facade. So who gives a **** if he started a charity.
I have respect for Wilson cus that guy donates something more important...his TIME.
Did I ever say Crabtree's shove was appropriate? I don't recall it if I did. So please show me saying this. This isnt a crabtree sucks thread where we say why we dislike him...this is a sherman thumbs down thread.
This all stemmed from an event by Fitzgerald a couple years ago that eyewitnesses say was Sherman trying to start something with Crabtree.
Smh that was lame
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
mIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 10:29 PM   #47
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

As a former athlete my self who grew up under similar circumstances as sherman, grew up in the worst neighborhood in Brooklyn, played tons of sports but also graduated top of my class in highschool, college, as well as grad school; its really hard for me to call him classless IMO. Most people would jump to many conclusions calling him a jerk and all these sorts of names but PEOPLE SAY STUPID THINGS WHEN THEY ARE IN THE MOMENT. His team just won one of the most important games of his career and to have a camera shoved in your face immediately after just doesn't help. There are actually training workshops that athletes take to avoid saying the wrong thing on camera. I've been to one.

Plus sports gossip runs a lot deeper than what most of us ACTUALLY see (Twitter has shown us that) I guarantee you great players like Peyton manning, Lebron James, Derek Jeter who ever have their moments off camera being "Classless" with their colleagues where they probably say F the fans. They gotta worry about them selves.

Its like that dream that EVERY AMERICAN HAS to win the lottery, then walk into work the next day and tell their boss "F*** YOU, I QUIT." Its the same thing sherman did. Once the excitement died down after the game, you saw he was a normal person again
NYKnick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 04:55 AM   #48
DrRick
Lexus Champion

_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIS View Post
First, reporters are trained to stay professional. Also just because she "loved" the raw emotion he showed, doesn't mean she loved the hug. Lastly, don't turn it into a race thing because I highly doubt that's where that guy was going with it. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate anyone running up and grabbing her yelling and ranting. Immediately pulling race card is small minded and not something that needs to be jumped to.
first off...i didnt 'immediately' pull the race card.

secondly...ignoring that race DOES play a factor in the reactions that have been shown is whats small minded.

not with you, tho...youre just a fanboy thats upset his team lost. so your lack of objectivity is excused...
Old 01-26-14, 05:00 AM   #49
DrRick
Lexus Champion

_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick

Quote:
I'm sure they do. Just because it's Stanford does that mean they wouldn't in order to keep a star athlete on the field? Smh if you think they don't pad grades. Because why would A college need a star player on the field, right? Get real.
youre SURE they do or does it just fit your narrative?

because stanford doesnt admit the same type of athlete that an alabama or a usc or a texas would admit. thats a FACT. their admission standards are MUCH higher than the ones set forth by the ncass. one would think if they are gonna do all this cheating to keep them eligible while they are in school, they would go ahead and look the other way and let all of the star athletes into to the college.

but NOPE!!! again...another non-sensical post from you that's only purpose was to further your agenda and denigrate the accomplishments of a rival. congrats....
Old 01-26-14, 08:59 AM   #50
natman
Rookie

Discussion of Sherman's academic record is irrelevant. Football players do often follow a different curriculum than normal students, but I'm willing to grant that he's probably pretty smart. So what? Nobody said he's stupid. The point is that he's classless and self-centered.

Trying to excuse it as "heat of the moment" is pretty weak. Every game players get interviewed just after the game yet somehow they manage not to make fools of themselves.
natman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 12:58 PM   #51
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

So why aren't we talking about Crabtree being a sore loser when he stuck his hand in Sherman's face after Sherman went up to him after the game? I was on the anti-Sherman band wagon at the start, but the more information that comes out really cancels out any negative feelings I had towards his interview.

This whole thing is a waste of time. Sherman is a great corner with a huge mouth that backs up his play on the field. It's going to be a great Super Bowl!

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Allen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 03:38 AM   #52
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
***** Sherman and ***** the seahags. Niner for life. Seattle fans and players like Sherman are classless. By the way...collegiate players gpa's are "padded" and therefore irrelevant. Guaranteed when his nfl career ends, he'll be filing bk a few years later. And throwing food at Bowman?! Really Seattle? ***** off, he's a great lb.
lol @ you calling Seattle classless yet you are being classless right back there Niner fan. pot.....kettle....

filing for bk? you do realize this man has a masters degree and opted not to go into the NFL earlier so he could finish his college degree correct?

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 09:37 AM   #53
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKnick101 View Post
As a former athlete my self who grew up under similar circumstances as sherman, grew up in the worst neighborhood in Brooklyn, played tons of sports but also graduated top of my class in highschool, college, as well as grad school; its really hard for me to call him classless IMO. Most people would jump to many conclusions calling him a jerk and all these sorts of names but PEOPLE SAY STUPID THINGS WHEN THEY ARE IN THE MOMENT. His team just won one of the most important games of his career and to have a camera shoved in your face immediately after just doesn't help. There are actually training workshops that athletes take to avoid saying the wrong thing on camera. I've been to one.

Plus sports gossip runs a lot deeper than what most of us ACTUALLY see (Twitter has shown us that) I guarantee you great players like Peyton manning, Lebron James, Derek Jeter who ever have their moments off camera being "Classless" with their colleagues where they probably say F the fans. They gotta worry about them selves.

Its like that dream that EVERY AMERICAN HAS to win the lottery, then walk into work the next day and tell their boss "F*** YOU, I QUIT." Its the same thing sherman did. Once the excitement died down after the game, you saw he was a normal person again
Yup….I think some of us see it differently due to playing sports..

Mind you I have been a 49ers fan since Joe/Jerry days…..
Old 01-27-14, 11:04 AM   #54
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by natman View Post
Trying to excuse it as "heat of the moment" is pretty weak. Every game players get interviewed just after the game yet somehow they manage not to make fools of themselves.
I'm not convinced he made a fool of himself. Yes, he was crass and uncouth in that camera-interview. But he (and his team) can obviously back it up. After all, they are going to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-27-14, 01:00 PM   #55
don
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

don.trinh donsjsu

Sherman is the guy that you love to hate on the opposing team but tolerate on your own team. He's good but loves to run his mouth. I sure thought it was hilarious when he trolled Brady a couple years ago.

Click the image to open in full size.

2010 SFP Lexus IS350
F-Sport, GFX, JP Vizage, Forgestar

TLN# null
don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-14, 01:22 PM   #56
oldskewel
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKnick101 View Post

Thanks for sharing your especially well qualified perspective, and congratulations for all you achieved. I agree 100% with you on Sherman, although I was initially shocked - you just never see that. But after thinking about it, and learning more about him, and seeing some of the mic'ed up footage of him, I see him as a smart guy, great player, great competitor who was in the moment. Awesome sports moment.

I do understand the haters, but I still disagree with them.

Also - I'm a Niners fan, in the Bay Area, did not really know who Sherman was until this. I'll be cheering for the Broncos and also for Sherman.
Old 01-27-14, 01:38 PM   #57
oldskewel
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
I'm sure they do. Just because it's Stanford does that mean they wouldn't in order to keep a star athlete on the field? Smh if you think they don't pad grades. Because why would A college need a star player on the field, right? Get real.
Stanford is different in this regard. Not like Cal, Texas, Alabama, etc. I got my Ph.D. there and taught Engineering there for a few years afterwards. I knew a few football players and they were all very respectable student athletes that would make any program proud.

I can't believe they get their grades padded, but one benefit they get is that they typically get a 5 year scholarship so they can do their 4-year degree in 5 years to allow for all the time they spend on athletics (and redshirt their first year). Many of those guys, including one of my roommates back then, go and get a Master's degree with that extra time.

One quarter the highest grade in the class I taught (a senior / masters level Engineering course) was earned by a Stanford football player. He got an A+, and it was deserved, not padded.

Again, Stanford is not like the rest of the big football programs, from my personal experience.
Old 01-27-14, 06:51 PM   #58
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Quote:
If Luck doesn't make smart decisions with his money...yah hell file for bk too. What's your point?
Well then I would ask why would you single Sherman out with that comment if you think it applies to all athletes? Pretty hollow argument about Sherman's classlessness if ALL athletes fall into that same box. So what's YOUR point in regards to Sherman and going bankrupt?

Quote:
Just because someone has a charity, doesn't mean they're a great person. As an example, Look at large corporations that have charities and say a portion of proceeds goes to said charity. Guess what? That company gets a tax break on charitable donations that just goes into their pockets. So they get great pr, a tax break and don't lose any money. Are those companies good companies cus they have a charity? No, it's a facade. So who gives a **** if he started a charity. I have respect for Wilson cus that guy donates something more important...his TIME.
You don't think sponsoring a charity takes up any of Sherman's time? Do you give to charity? Is it solely for the purpose of getting a tax break? If that was the case, why doesn't Sherman just give to someone elses charity and not put his name on it?

Quote:
Did I ever say Crabtree's shove was appropriate? I don't recall it if I did. So please show me saying this. This isnt a crabtree sucks thread where we say why we dislike him...this is a sherman thumbs down thread.
No you did not. But it's hypocritical to call out one player for his actions and ignore the other all together when there were two players involved. Either don't bring it up at all or be consistent in how you view the players. Or be a hypocrite.

Quote:
This all stemmed from an event by Fitzgerald a couple years ago that eyewitnesses say was Sherman trying to start something with Crabtree.
Smh that was lame
Couple years ago? Get your facts straight. It happened this last summer, at Fitzgerald's charity event no less (see your moronic comment about Sherman not giving his time). By all accounts it was Crabtree that wanted to start a fight with Sherman at this event. Sherman told him he would show him up on the field instead. Job well done might I add.
Old 02-08-14, 03:51 PM   #59
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Sherman, Superbowl Champ
Old 02-10-14, 10:06 AM   #60
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
Sherman, Superbowl Champ
Exactly. He not only talked the talk, but walked the walk.
Old 02-10-14, 10:06 AM