Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Richard Sherman

Old 01-20-14, 07:25 PM   #16
Hoovey2411
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (16)

^^ hahaha he's such a buffoon
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
|Version 3.5 |TLN #918|
GIANTS|NINERS|SHARKS|WARRIORS
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 07:34 PM   #17
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc893 View Post
Richard Sherman vs. Skip Bayless on ESPN 1st Take - YouTube

Looking kind of stupid in this interview. He argues like a 6th grader in this video. "I'm better than you." "I'm better at life than you." WTH kind of argument is that?
Any regular viewer of ESPN knows that Skip Bayless is a troll. While his condescending tone of voice and his quasi-personal agenda with sports and media make for great entertainment, he's rarely right, and is usually three words shy of a dumb statement away from someone unloading a verbal beat-down on him. Look up "Skip Bayless" on YouTube and you'll see the number of times he's gotten under other people's skin.

/OT

your interpretation is not my problem / illegitimus non carborundum.
projectdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 07:44 PM   #18
dc893
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

http://www.facebook.com/chris.dunn.9237

Either way Sherman didn't look very smart in the interview.
Attached Images

Current Cars-1980 Chevy Stepside, 2003 Cadillac Deville, 1992 Lexus LS400
Previous Cars-1990 Toyota Celsior (JPN), 1992 Honda Legend Sedan (JPN), 1995 Honda Rafaga (JPN), 1993 Honda Legend Coupe (JPN), 1991 Acura Legend Sedan
dc893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 07:48 PM   #19
DrRick
Lexus Champion

_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
He has absolutely no Class. I'm a diehard Niners fan so this hurt, but I will happily root for the Broncos (spent two years in Colorado anyway so I have an affinity towards Colorado teams unless it's against Bay Area teams). I hope they stampede and crush the Seahawks dreams
it amazes me that people expect 'class' from athletes 15 secs removed for 3 hrs of damn near barbaric competition. if youre looking for 'class'...may i recommend skating. figure skating...
Old 01-21-14, 04:10 AM   #20
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post
it amazes me that people expect 'class' from athletes 15 secs removed for 3 hrs of damn near barbaric competition. if youre looking for 'class'...may i recommend skating. figure skating...
funny you mention that. on the way in to work this morning on sports radio someone brought that point up. pretty much along the same lines of you were in this intense game for hours and then within 15 seconds a reporter runs up on you and your expected to be calm and give a good audio feed. he also threw out another scenario of a downhill skier training for the Olympics and crashes half way down the course. what does a reporter expect from a person whos been training for years that just crashed and pretty much "wasted" their training over all those years.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 04:24 AM   #21
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
Any regular viewer of ESPN knows that Skip Bayless is a troll. While his condescending tone of voice and his quasi-personal agenda with sports and media make for great entertainment, he's rarely right, and is usually three words shy of a dumb statement away from someone unloading a verbal beat-down on him. Look up "Skip Bayless" on YouTube and you'll see the number of times he's gotten under other people's skin.

/OT
So true, Skip just says stupid things to generate controversy

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Allen K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 05:30 AM   #22
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

do people not remember Muhammad Ali talk crap about his opponents. I dont see anything wrong with that interview. Been tired of this PC politeness in sports. It couldve been a LOT worse - potential racial slurs, f bombs, etc. HUGE rivalry game in the conference championship what do you expect honestly? Sarcastiball from South Park? I just laughed when I saw that interview because it did seem a bit WWE ish. How would you feel making the game ending play in, up to that point, the most important game of your life? What did people honestly expect, some academy award speech? This is football.
Old 01-21-14, 12:57 PM   #23
KevinGS
Lexus Champion

I loved it myself. He's a CB talking crap seconds after making a big play to seal the game against a WR he can't stand. I expected nothing less.

Having said that, Seattle doesn't have enough Richard Shermans to beat the Broncos. The only way Seattle wins is if the 12th Man arrives in NY in the form of Mother Nature (AKA a blizzard!).
KevinGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 12:57 PM   #24
don
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

don.trinh donsjsu

I think Sherman is the guy you love to hate on the other team but love/tolerate if he's on your team. He comes off as a ***** but he knows what he's doing, he's intelligent. I just like seeing the sportsmanship between competitors.

2010 SFP Lexus IS350
F-Sport, GFX, JP Vizage, Forgestar

TLN# null
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 01:00 PM   #25
don
Lexus Champion

don.trinh donsjsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Having said that, Seattle doesn't have enough Richard Shermans to beat the Broncos. The only way Seattle wins is if the 12th Man arrives in NY in the form of Mother Nature (AKA a blizzard!).
There will be no 12th man in NY, no dome, no fake turf. They will be out of their elements. Most of the nation likes Peyton and will root for him and he's playing in his little brother's yard. Especially after Sherman's antics, the crowd will be against Seattle.

I dislike the Seahawks but it's hard to hate Russel Wilson.

2010 SFP Lexus IS350
F-Sport, GFX, JP Vizage, Forgestar

TLN# null
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 04:45 PM   #26
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb427 View Post
Funny thing is Sherman has a communication degree from Stanford.Yes,Stanford.
"has a degree" is right.....I'm sure he didn't earn it and attended about 25% of his classes....at least that's how he presents himself
Old 01-21-14, 04:59 PM   #27
msgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Still not sure why its as big of a deal as it is. So what if he mouthed off about an opponent? how many of you in that same moment and circumstance wouldn't have done that, if you had known what else happened between them in the past that led up to the interview? He made a HUGE play that probably saved the game!!

Did you guys see how much of a big deal the media made out of Kapernick mocking Cam Newton's "Superman" TD celebration?
msgs350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 05:43 PM   #28
Hoovey2411
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post
While everyone is responsible for their own conduct. Those in the limelight have more a burden to uphold themselves. After all they are role models millions of people look up to, and monkey see monkey do. Truthfully it's not that hard to keep your cool, more should try it
|Version 3.5 |TLN #918|
GIANTS|NINERS|SHARKS|WARRIORS
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 06:54 PM   #29
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

If you want to complain about Richard Sherman being too loud/cocky/animated, maybe you should watch something quieter? Golf maybe?

He's such a buffoon

Say what you want, Sherman and his team are making it to the super bowl... Go Hawks!
2BENVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 03:17 PM   #30
DrRick
Lexus Champion

_mav_rick 1mavrick
Send a message via AIM to DrRick Send a message via Yahoo to DrRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post
While everyone is responsible for their own conduct. Those in the limelight have more a burden to uphold themselves. After all they are role models millions of people look up to, and monkey see monkey do. Truthfully it's not that hard to keep your cool, more should try it

so his philanthropy isnt a role model worthy? getting out of compton and excelling at Stanford isnt role model-worthy? his hard work at making himself the best at his craft isnt role model-worthy?

hell...i hope it IS monkey see monkey do. the world would be a better place if there were more folks that did the things that Sherman has done....

its not hard to not be myopic, more should try it
Old 01-24-14, 03:17 PM