The Official 2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

Old 08-05-13, 07:46 AM   #31
bob4256
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (15)

bob4256

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
yea...but the possibility of that is very minimal to me. He's had serious injuries that keep reoccurring so it's hard to be fully optimistic. Never the less, it's such a minimal risk plus Miami still has the MLE to make use of on someone else.
Yeah I agree, but I doubt that they would rush Oden on the court. I dont expect to see him until maybe 20 games or so into the season? And even then, only playing maybe 5 minutes a game, just to get his rhythm going. The most I expect to see him play is 15-20 good minutes off the bench in the playoffs when needed.

Would Miami start Andersen at C? I like his energy off the bench so idk how he would be as a starter. And do you think Miami would use the MLE on another player? If so who?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

My Build Thread
bob4256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 03:12 PM   #32
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

I disagree about Oden. If he's chasing a ring this year, then ok maybe the Heat is the better choice (time will tell). But to me, the Spurs are not only a model franchise, they have a better coach and not to mention one of the greatest big men to play the game to mentor him and work on his fundamentals.

Bosh isn't exactly what I would consider a mentor for Oden. Their games aren't similar IMO.
TLN #21

Tales From the Internet
Shoyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 06:10 PM   #33
bob4256
Lexus Champion

bob4256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoyuu View Post
I disagree about Oden. If he's chasing a ring this year, then ok maybe the Heat is the better choice (time will tell). But to me, the Spurs are not only a model franchise, they have a better coach and not to mention one of the greatest big men to play the game to mentor him and work on his fundamentals.

Bosh isn't exactly what I would consider a mentor for Oden. Their games aren't similar IMO.
I see your point but I lost all respect for Pop when he basically cheated during Game 6 and illegally subbed Duncan back into the game towards the end. A model franchise being led by a shady coach

My Build Thread
Old 08-16-13, 07:04 AM   #34
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

Quote:

I'd agree on that point...if he's wanting to enhance his position at Center, and continue to learn, there was no better choice than the Spurs and Duncan. However, even if he remains healthy, his time is limited to me and is only expected to measure up against certain teams (Pacers, , Nets, Bulls, etc) with the Heat, whereas in SAS he would be the immediate backup to Splitter/Duncan.

honestly, he couldn't go wrong with either choice...both gives him an opportunity at a ring, maybe one slightly more favorable than the other to win but still he can't go wrong with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4256 View Post
I see your point but I lost all respect for Pop when he basically cheated during Game 6 and illegally subbed Duncan back into the game towards the end. A model franchise being led by a shady coach
that's nit-picking...and I honestly don't see it as "cheating" really. the ref's allowed the sub and just was a mistake more than a intentional cheat IMO.

i still think Pop is the best coach in the last couple of decades...better than Phil to me too. Phil's been lucky with having superstars throughout his tenure whereas Pop has had Duncan and Parker, and worked with mediocre to star/all-star tallent to continue his success in San Antonio

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 03:22 PM   #35
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

This maybe off topic... more to do with NBA ALL Star game, but in the new Nike commercial; it might be a hint that Lebron James might be in the dunk contest!!! Wonder if everyone who have been baiting him to go in are going to put their money where their mouths have been.

Last edited by xsh0tya; 08-22-13 at 09:03 AM..
xsh0tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-13, 05:25 AM   #36
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

Lebron has been teasing the dunk contest for ages but always backs out so I'll wait until something is confirmed If he does enter, I'd hope KD, Blake Griffin, and maybe even Dwight would give him some worthy competition

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Allen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-13, 09:06 AM   #37
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
Lebron has been teasing the dunk contest for ages but always backs out so I'll wait until something is confirmed If he does enter, I'd hope KD, Blake Griffin, and maybe even Dwight would give him some worthy competition
Sorry forgot to add link to the ad. I agree this time though looks promising but maybe he (they) are just playing with folks.
Old 08-22-13, 04:52 PM   #38
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Don't even care at this point. Queen James dunks hard, and is athletically gifted, but I don't think he's creative enough to go up against the Vince Carters and the Jason Richardsons of yesteryear.
TLN #21

Tales From the Internet
Old 08-22-13, 09:00 PM   #39
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Don't even care at this point. Queen James dunks hard, and is athletically gifted, but I don't think he's creative enough to go up against the Vince Carters and the Jason Richardsons of yesteryear.
Hold on... "Queen James" but nothing said for Vince Carter? Seems legit.
Old 08-22-13, 09:46 PM   #40
bob4256
Lexus Champion

bob4256

People still hating on Lebron with this "queen" bs, yet he has 2 rings.

Haters gonna hate

My Build Thread
Old 08-23-13, 09:53 AM   #41
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

^^ and yet both of you fixate on the "queen" label and nothing about him being as creative in dunking then the two names I brought up.

Alright let's do this right. He is athletically gifted and dunks hard, but I don't think LeBron is as creative in dunking as Vince Carter or Jason Richardson.

Discuss.
TLN #21

Tales From the Internet
Old 08-23-13, 07:28 PM   #42
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
^^ and yet both of you fixate on the "queen" label and nothing about him being as creative in dunking then the two names I brought up.

Alright let's do this right. He is athletically gifted and dunks hard, but I don't think LeBron is as creative in dunking as Vince Carter or Jason Richardson.

Discuss.
Thanks for the fix, IMO I doubt believe its a question of creativity of said players. What I mean is these players are surrounded by creative people. Also anyone could youtube dunk conests and that would give enough ammo to win.
I am not too sure if you watched any of the pre game shoot arounds of the heat, but Lebron's dunks in that alone could hand him a win. Add in the hype he has around him and it is check mate.
To discuss your point directly in short, I disagree. Lebron has proved he knows a little about putting on a show.
Old 08-24-13, 06:09 AM   #43
bob4256
Lexus Champion

bob4256

I could care less about Lebron being in a dunk contest lol.

I'm referring to people still saying negative things about Lebron such as this stupid "queen" label. Kinda sad after the man proved the haters wrong and will very likely three peat with the Heat this year

My Build Thread
Old 09-18-13, 05:39 AM   #44
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

dunk contest or focussing on another title give me the latter please, I prefer the parade on Biscayne

besides...the dunk contest has been very irrelevant since VC's arm in the rim dunk. it's not even exciting anymore, just look at BGriffin's "winning" dunk. He jumped the WIDTH of a car, and not something hard like over the roof...it was across the hood pretty sure a high percentage of players in the league can do this

as for Lebron's athleticism...he can be creative if he wanted, we've seen it in all the pre-game warm-ups before like xshot0ya said.

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-13, 11:33 PM   #45
VINCE9164
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (14)

vince__43

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
dunk contest or focussing on another title give me the latter please, I prefer the parade on Biscayne

besides...the dunk contest has been very irrelevant since VC's arm in the rim dunk. it's not even exciting anymore, just look at BGriffin's "winning" dunk. He jumped the WIDTH of a car, and not something hard like over the roof...it was across the hood pretty sure a high percentage of players in the league can do this

as for Lebron's athleticism...he can be creative if he wanted, we've seen it in all the pre-game warm-ups before like xshot0ya said.
HAHAHA just thought of this when you said blake's winning dunk..

Old 09-19-13, 11:33 PM

Tags
20132014, jared, jeffries, play, season