Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-12, 09:23 AM   #31
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

Yup just so happen to comment on the Spurs/Heat game just when Stern decides to show what an idiot he is. Again
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Old 11-30-12, 09:24 AM   #32
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Thus far Memphis in the West and Miami in the East are #1! If this is a hint as to the finals, I'm looking forward to it!!
I wonder when teams like Toronto(since Bosh left) and Washington are going to make changes to get into the game, seems like anything but what they are doing would better.

Last edited by xsh0tya; 11-30-12 at 09:28 AM..
Old 11-30-12, 05:52 PM   #33
Allen K
Epic Allen

Spurs fined $250k for resting starters. Stern's a disgrace

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Old 11-30-12, 08:12 PM   #34
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

turborye
Send a message via Yahoo to 2002GGPIS3

^, Just found this, Wow !

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--da...194828970.html

No one had a issue with what the Spurs did, it is a vendetta that Stern has against the Spurs.

Stern needs to go !!

"Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it"

"Cars are made to be driven"
Old 11-30-12, 08:35 PM   #35
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Think i agree with stern on this one, people pay to go see these stars perform and expect great matchups. Not for them to take a break whenever they feel like it. They didnt have to play could of easily just sat out and still traveled with the team. The punishment should of been more imo and if it was a blow out i think it would have been but since the spurs bench gave the heat trouble it wasnt. If your not going to play your starters/stars why even show up? If you cant hang then its time to call it a career.
Old 11-30-12, 08:36 PM   #36
Allen K
Epic Allen

Because the Spurs played 6 road games in 9 days and they're an old team. It definitely wasn't just rest. It was rest + a (semi) silent protest about the scheduling the Spurs have

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Old 11-30-12, 08:58 PM   #37
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

They had that schedule for awhile and knew that and this is the begining of the season other teams go on road trips just like that, spurs actually have a longer road trip later in the season will they sit out then too? silent protest or not they need to play. It wasnt done in a good way either they didnt notify the league or stern or the media about it till the last minute, spurs just decided on their own and this game was on national TV and only trip to miami of the season. Fans expect better but thats my opinion.
Old 12-03-12, 02:13 PM   #38
//LRD
Lexus Champion

Just looking thru the NBA scoreboard for this pass weekend games. And the one that made was the Magic 113 Lakers 103.

Oh the irony of it all

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
Old 12-03-12, 05:17 PM   #39
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

turborye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
Think i agree with stern on this one, people pay to go see these stars perform and expect great matchups. Not for them to take a break whenever they feel like it. They didnt have to play could of easily just sat out and still traveled with the team. The punishment should of been more imo and if it was a blow out i think it would have been but since the spurs bench gave the heat trouble it wasnt. If your not going to play your starters/stars why even show up? If you cant hang then its time to call it a career.
Yeah but it is a double standard, nothing would be said if this was a Tuesday night game at Sacramento for example,,

Even real NBA fans know the 82 game season is to long, it is best to be cautious now and be ready in May and June when it really matters.

Old 12-03-12, 06:05 PM   #40
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
Just looking thru the NBA scoreboard for this pass weekend games. And the one that made was the Magic 113 Lakers 103.

Oh the irony of it all
You love the lakers just as much as you love the heat dont you? Im sure you keep track of all the games too
Old 12-03-12, 06:20 PM   #41
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3 View Post
Yeah but it is a double standard, nothing would be said if this was a Tuesday night game at Sacramento for example,,

Even real NBA fans know the 82 game season is to long, it is best to be cautious now and be ready in May and June when it really matters.
No double standard any team that does that should be fined

I would hate to buy tickets and lakers starters sit out its plain disrespectful

Nba season 82 game season too long? and saving players to be ready in may and june is what really matters? Thats easy to say when your team has good chemistry and/or stacked with talent.

Many things such as chemistry play out in the regular season and teams unlikely to win it all can prevail and head to the top of the standings. Its all about who can maintain on being the best and getting to that level to determine who really deserves that championship trophy and ring, you have to work hard and play the game!

Come on now...it would really suck for a 3-4 month NBA season thats for sure.
Old 12-04-12, 02:29 PM   #42
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

And to make matters worse, shows how much these guys value the league.
Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1212634
Old 12-04-12, 06:56 PM   #43
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

turborye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
No double standard any team that does that should be fined

I would hate to buy tickets and lakers starters sit out its plain disrespectful

Nba season 82 game season too long? and saving players to be ready in may and june is what really matters? Thats easy to say when your team has good chemistry and/or stacked with talent.

Many things such as chemistry play out in the regular season and teams unlikely to win it all can prevail and head to the top of the standings. Its all about who can maintain on being the best and getting to that level to determine who really deserves that championship trophy and ring, you have to work hard and play the game!

Come on now...it would really suck for a 3-4 month NBA season thats for sure.
Ok I see your point, just everyone enjoyed last year "lockout" season more, because the games mattered more, because there were less of them, I read in SI once that NBA players themselves want a 60 game season. Also counting preseason and playoffs, it is over 100 games a year and alot of wear and tear on the body.

Maybe it is a more to me of David Stern thinking he is the God of basketball thing, putting in a context for you to understand( ie Lakers fan), last year, David Stern blocking the Chris Paul trade to to the Lakers, he had no right to do that, and I do not like the Lakers at all.., but the GM's agreed to the trade and it should of happened.

Old 12-05-12, 06:30 AM   #44
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3 View Post
Ok I see your point, just everyone enjoyed last year "lockout" season more, because the games mattered more, because there were less of them, I read in SI once that NBA players themselves want a 60 game season. Also counting preseason and playoffs, it is over 100 games a year and alot of wear and tear on the body.

Maybe it is a more to me of David Stern thinking he is the God of basketball thing, putting in a context for you to understand( ie Lakers fan), last year, David Stern blocking the Chris Paul trade to to the Lakers, he had no right to do that, and I do not like the Lakers at all.., but the GM's agreed to the trade and it should of happened.
actually, Stern had full authority to do so in blocking the trade...the NBA basically owned the Hornets at the time and stopped it dead in its tracks because it would basically be a slap in the face to the small market teams, especially after they fought from the lockout for a bigger share of things in the league. Allowing Paul to go to LAL would of just fueled the small market teams even more.

How'd you all like Z-Bo going H.A.M. last night...he was balling!!! And man did KD miss one fo the best poster moments with that dunk attempt over Blatche

Click the image to open in full size.

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
Old 12-18-12, 09:43 PM   #45
//LRD
Lexus Champion

There's nothing I enjoy more, then seeing that the Celtics have lost their last three games. Even more so then the Lakers and their horrible start ..

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
Old 12-18-12, 09:43 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
20122013, basketball, codes, dont, fans, gonna, hate, haters, heat, lakers, lexus, miami, paint, quotes, team