***The Official LA Lakers 2012-2013 Championship Run Thread!***

Old 11-12-12, 09:12 AM   #61
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
If Kobe still gets his touches and they win he'll be fine. Especially since he won't have the NY media saying "Are the Lakers better without Kobe?!"
LA media has ran those same headlines when Kobe's sat and the team went on winning streaks, calling him to take a lesser role to benefit the team...but that's what the media does, far from any importance to me really. I think it was Bob Knight who said, "you can coach by the remarks from the fans/media, but don't be surprised if you're soon sitting with them." (something to that sort)

Kobe's touches has gone down to about 16-17 this year, about 7 from last year, and he's still putting up the same 26-27ppg. To me, Kobe has to have good understanding that he isn't the 1st option anymore...especially with Howard/Nash and D'Antoni's proven PnR's. He'll get his shots, I expect the same 15 or so, and they'll be high percentage. Just keep knocking them down and accept the 2nd role, and things will go smoothly for the first team.

However, that bench of theirs...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 09:16 AM   #62
GS wanted
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to GS wanted

Phil was set to bring back Brian Shaw as an assistant and Scottie Pippen as well? Considering the relationship KB had with Phil and Shaw this seems like it might ruffle feathers (again) if he wasn't consulted. We'll see I guess.

It's the crest on the chest not the name on the back.
RIP RvP
GS wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 10:30 AM   #63
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Heard the news late last night/Morning…I wanted Phil but knew he wasn’t coming back when no deal was made Sat. Time to move on, I think D’Antoni is a great coach, and i think we will contend for the championship with him now lets get it! What a crazy season so far, wouldnt be the Lakers without the drama. Lol
Old 11-12-12, 06:17 PM   #64
vgrepo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

In the aftermath of the Los Angeles Lakers hiring Mike D’Antoni instead of Phil Jackson, the 11-time NBA champion has released the following statement via Dave McMenamin of EPSNLosAngeles.com:

“Saturday morning, Jim Buss, called to ask if he could come and visit,” Jackson said in a prepared statement released on Monday evening.

“I did not solicit or ask for the opportunity, but I welcomed both he and Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as the head coach. We talked for over an hour and a half. No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a hand shake and an understanding that I would have until Monday (today) to come back to them with my decision.

“I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job. I was awakened at midnight on Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D’Antoni to a 3-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team.

“The decision is of course theirs to make.

“I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker Fans who endorsed my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility.”

Source: http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...ni/2012/11/12/

vgrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 05:40 AM   #65
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgrepo View Post
In the aftermath of the Los Angeles Lakers hiring Mike D’Antoni instead of Phil Jackson, the 11-time NBA champion has released the following statement via Dave McMenamin of EPSNLosAngeles.com:

“Saturday morning, Jim Buss, called to ask if he could come and visit,” Jackson said in a prepared statement released on Monday evening.

“I did not solicit or ask for the opportunity, but I welcomed both he and Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as the head coach. We talked for over an hour and a half. No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a hand shake and an understanding that I would have until Monday (today) to come back to them with my decision.

“I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job. I was awakened at midnight on Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D’Antoni to a 3-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team.

“The decision is of course theirs to make.

“I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker Fans who endorsed my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility.”

Source: http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...ni/2012/11/12/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piuYzD05tqw

So LAL basically didnt even give the ZenMaster the time he wanted to make a decision...i can see this back-firing hugely once D'Antoni's system Kobe gets "stare-crazy" again lol

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 11-13-12, 05:43 AM   #66
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

This was a Jim Buss power play. Jerry's kid is trying too hard.

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Allen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 08:31 AM   #67
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloc24 View Post
Lakers will be alright. It's along season.

A ghost!!!

Nash ain't 32 anymore, he's 40....that is a tiring system....

Seems Buss's son went off the deep end again and rather him vs the team. D-Antoni I am sorry I am not impressed with. Never made the FInals and flopped in NYC.

Fun to watch though.
Old 11-13-12, 09:11 AM   #68
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post

A ghost!!!

Nash ain't 32 anymore, he's 40....that is a tiring system....

Seems Buss's son went off the deep end again and rather him vs the team. D-Antoni I am sorry I am not impressed with. Never made the FInals and flopped in NYC.

Fun to watch though.
pretty much...don't know what the angle was on this approach really. D'Antoni isnt going to instill "youth" into an aging Lakers squad, and this team is missing shooters...which his system thrives off of as well. Maybe they'll surprise us and put up good numbers, but im not counting on it...to many missing peices and aging players

one thing this does point at is more moves coming before the deadline...i can see them moving Pau out pretty quickly now

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 11-14-12, 11:04 PM   #69
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

I'm anxious to see how we work with D 'Antoni. D'Antoni had some great runs but he never had a KOBE or Howard , i like how there are talks/debates about the Showtime Lakers style coming back but like all things only time will tell

Quote:
Kobe: Mike D'Antoni is a genius

Before Kobe Bryant told reporters last week he wanted Phil Jackson back as his coach, there was a different name he told to Los Angeles Lakers management: Mike D'Antoni.

"I spoke with Jimmy (Buss) before everything went down and we talked about some of the coaching candidates and stuff and to be honest, I said D'Antoni was my first choice because I didn't even know Phil was going to be an option," Bryant told reporters after Tuesday's shootaround, recalling his conversation with the Lakers' executive vice president of player personnel.

"Then Jimmy was the one that brought up Phil's name," Bryant continued. "I said, 'I didn't even know that was a consideration.' They said, 'Well, it is and we want to know how you feel about it.' I said, 'I love it,' and that was it. So they knew my two guys that I liked and if one didn't work out, obviously with Phil, they knew that they had my approval to pull the trigger on the other one."

Bryant admitted he experienced "a little bit" of disappointment that Jackson did not get the job, but he hasn't spent much effort trying to investigate what happened behind closed doors.

"It's kind of a waste of time for me at this point," Bryant said. "What good is that going to do for me? It does nothing for me."

Bryant said after the Lakers' 84-82 loss to the Spurs on Tuesday night that he hadn't spoken to Jackson since the Lakers chose to hire D'Antoni instead of the 11-time championship-winning coach. However, he said Jackson and his assistant coaches have been underappreciated for their success.

"It seems like all our assistant coaches when they left here, to even mention the word 'Triangle' was like taboo," Bryant said. "I don't understand it. I really don't know the answer to that question. It's very strange, very bizarre. You would think that organizations and other coaches should try to learn from Phil. That's what you should try to do, right? If you have a coach that's won more than anybody in our profession, you would think you'd want to study them and analyze them, but they haven't done it."

When asked what aspects of Jackson's coaching he has carried with him since Jackson retired in 2011, Bryant said: "Everything. I'm basically the 'Baby Zen Master.'"

Bryant hopes D'Antoni's addition can do something for him -- get the Lakers back on track to win a championship. Bryant credited D'Antoni with installing the offense as an assistant coach with USA Basketball that led Bryant and the U.S. to gold medals in 2008 and 2012.

"He's an offensive genius," said Bryant, who had a short chat with D'Antoni over the phone on Tuesday morning. "If you talk to anybody, anybody that played on that Olympic team, that response would be unanimous. He's an offensive genius. So, does that mean that he's going to take the one system that he had in Phoenix and implement it here? No. It means that you give an offensive genius so many more options to play with. Now he has a great two-guard, he had a great point guard, he had a great power forward, he has a great center and he has an incredible small forward. He has a lot to play with."

Bryant said he has a "great relationship" with the 61-year-old D'Antoni, who was both an inspiration to him when he was a child growing up in Italy and D'Antoni was a professional basketball player in Milan, and also an adversary when Bryant was an adult and D'Antoni's Phoenix Suns teams bounced the Lakers out of the playoffs in 2006 and 2007.

"I've been around him for quite a bit," Bryant said. "I've obviously played against his teams for a number of years. I know his philosophies, I know what he stands for and I know how competitive he is. He's a feisty, feisty dude, man. Temperamental, even. And I like that."

Steve Nash, who said he was "thrilled" to be back with D'Antoni, said the Lakers wouldn't be running the same "Seven Seconds or Less" system they ran together in Phoenix, but rather a tailored variation of it.

"I think he'll adapt," Nash said. "I think that's one of Mike's strengths that he's a thinker and he's willing to adapt. He's great in-game and I think he's also great going back, looking over a game, looking over a month and saying, 'I think this will help our team in shifting toward something that suits the parts.' "

Even though things should speed up on offense, Nash measured any run-and-gun expectations.

"I don't know if we're going to be a fast-break team, but I think we will break," Nash said. "We will take opportunities in the open court, for sure. But what that is? I'd hate to sit here and say, 'Hey, we're Showtime again.' We'll find it. We'll find something that makes everybody collectively better than our parts."

One thing D'Antoni's offense will do, according to Nash, is take a load off Bryant's shoulders.

"I think the game can be easier and less stressful for him," Nash said.

While D'Antoni's track record on offense is unparalleled, his defensive reputation is shaky at best. Both Bryant and Nash felt defense would not be a problem.

"I think he's such a bright guy," Nash said. "It's not like he doesn't know defense or understand defense and with the length we have here, there's no reason we can't be a terrific defensive team."

Added Bryant: "I think in this situation, with all the chatter that's going on, particularly about how he's not a good defensive coach, I think we'll rally around that and come out with a point to prove."

After putting up subpar stats to start the season and missing the past five games with a fractured fibula in his left leg, Nash certainly had reason to be happy about the D'Antoni move.

"I think he's going to do a lot of great things with this group and put us in a great position to succeed," Nash said. "He also makes it fun. I think the fans are going to really appreciate it. He likes the game to be played in a style that's easy on the eyes, so to speak, and exciting. We'll build something great here."

Ok wishful thinking bout "Showtime" but you never know

Last edited by Joey-E; 11-14-12 at 11:14 PM..
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-12, 02:17 PM   #70
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

New Coach Mike D'Antoni Press Conference

Live here: http://www.nba.com/lakers/live
Old 11-15-12, 02:30 PM   #71
vgrepo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...0,334249.story

TWC and DirectTV finalizing a deal! Finally, now we could watch the Lakers lose!
vgrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 05:11 PM   #72
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

LA Lakers Mike D'Antoni Press Conference - Nov.15, 2012 (Full)

http://youtu.be/8hECLXVwjcs
Old 11-17-12, 01:40 PM   #73
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

745207941 The_Ace_a_Spades

Looked good against the suns! Mike wasnt on the court with them but spoke to the team before the game and at halftime. It did look.like a different team with the up-tempo offense! I think with this faster offense Pao wont be scoring as much but Kobe, Steve, and Meta will - Pao and Dwight just need to be ready for rebounds and off the board points
| 2011 STARFIRE PEARL IS-F | PPE HEADERS | JOE Z EXHAUST | JOE Z INTAKE| AFE FILTER | Linea Corse LC818's | BC RACING BR COILOVERS & 16/12 SWIFT SPRINGS | 5% TINT | FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA | 7000K FOGS |
| JUNCTION PRODUCE |

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling."
Paul Walker
2ndGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 09:04 PM   #74
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Lakers are playing great! Great win tonight! Lakers get their 4th win in 5 games, Gasol became just the 10th foreign born player to score 15,000 points and Kobe Bryant gets his 18th career triple-double. Team is starting to come together! Great job for Bickerstaff! Yeaaah!

Last edited by Joey-E; 11-18-12 at 09:10 PM..
Old 11-19-12, 11:53 AM   #75
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Kareems new statue!
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Joey-E; 11-19-12 at 12:08 PM..
Old 11-19-12, 11:53 AM

Tags
2012, 20122013, 2013, angeles, background, dwight, howard, la, lakers, lineup, los, paper, schedule, starting, wall, wallpaper