Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

***The Official LA Lakers 2012-2013 Championship Run Thread!***

Old 04-26-13, 10:53 AM   #526
//LRD
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

With Kobe out of the picture, I actually felt some, very little but some sympathy for the Lakers. I guess it's because of Steve Nash. He doesn't deserve to go out this way. The Lakers would of been better off not making the playoffs.

Let's see how much heart your player of the future has at home tonight. Good luck Laker nation, cause they sure as hell need it...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
//LRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 08:50 PM   #527
VINCE9164
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (14)

vince__43

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
With Kobe out of the picture, I actually felt some, very little but some sympathy for the Lakers. I guess it's because of Steve Nash. He doesn't deserve to go out this way. The Lakers would of been better off not making the playoffs.

Let's see how much heart your player of the future has at home tonight. Good luck Laker nation, cause they sure as hell need it...
Just like what I said in the first page of this thread "Let's also hope this season won't be like 2004." Some of the greats like the Mailman came to the LAL to win a ring, but came up short. It might be the same case for Nash
Old 04-28-13, 07:48 PM   #528
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

The Spurs were too much.... needless to say been that kind of year.
Old 04-28-13, 10:37 PM   #529
bnizzle87
Lexus Champion

Brian 08ISF bn1zzle87

As expected with the last "super team," there was much disappointment this season. As a fan, it was still good to see everyone on the bench, whether they were playing or not. That little exchange between Dwight and Kupchak after his ejection didn't look too good, and in my mind I'm already preparing to life without D12 for the Lakers. Would it have been better without the Lakers making the postseason? Honestly, no, because there was so much intrigue on whether LA would've made the playoffs and it having to win five or so just to fend off Utah and Houston. But getting swept out of the first round was just another thing that went wrong for the Lakers this season. No consistency, no continuity, and no chemistry. It was hard to see Kobe go down at the end of the regular season and even harder to see half of our team in street attire to end the season. But San Antonio was clearly the better team, and I do think they have what it takes to compete and win this year's championship, especially considering Westbrook is out for OKC.

Aerotect | Tom's | Joe Z + Performance Tube Systems | Xenon Depot | AutoCouture | Beat-Sonic | WALD | BC Racing + Swift | Volk Racing | PPE | ?

My Build Thread:
Build Process - Pictures and Progression - Insights
bnizzle87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 11:39 PM   #530
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

vince__43

The ship has sunk and we went down with it. No team hopping around here.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-29-13, 12:26 AM   #531
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Now all that is left is the "What will Dwight Howard would do?" saga begins..... LA the land of drama. Minus what will become of Kobe....
Old 05-08-13, 07:36 AM   #532
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsh0tya View Post
Now all that is left is the "What will Dwight Howard would do?" saga begins..... LA the land of drama. Minus what will become of Kobe....
Many teams have plenty to offer Dwight as well...Lakers really isn't his best situation at the moment to be honest. Pau is older, Kobe is no younger and injured with no clue on his recovery.

Houston can sign him outright and make them a true contender and then trade away Lin and Asik for fillers.

Dallas can match him with Dirk, get rid of Marion and sort fillers as well. They have a lot of 1-yr contracts that should free up this summer.

Atlanta can sign Dwight, Smith and possibly CP3…and that would be a powerhouse on it’s own! Unsure what happens with Horford though.

My thinking is Dwight leaves, he wants a chance at a title…highly doubtful he’s getting that in LA unless Kobe is amnestied and they bring in a good supporting cast (shooters). They’re like 40mil over the cap, they can afford it but it doesn’t do much for them in winning.

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
baddis es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-13, 02:38 PM   #533
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

vince__43

From the LA Times this morning
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-09-13, 02:38 PM

Tags
2012, 20122013, 2013, angeles, background, dwight, howard, la, lakers, lineup, los, paper, schedule, starting, wall, wallpaper