Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The *OFFICIAL* 2011: NBA FINALS Thread!

Old 06-03-11, 08:12 AM   #61
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Scruff, saw this article in the paper this morning and thought of our conversation.

Quote:
This past season, BYU’s Jimmer Fredette owned the spotlight as college basketball’s most captivating player. This afternoon, he battled with five of his peers to prove he’s more than just a shooting sensation.

Fredette competed in a pre-draft workout at the Knicks practice facility in Westchester, along with Providence guard Marshon Brooks, Washington State guard Klay Thompson, Michigan guard Darius Morris, Pittsburgh center Gary McGhee and James Madison forward Denzel Bowles, with Fredette matching up with Morris.

“I did a lot of shooting in the beginning, then did some one-on-one stuff and the rest was three-on-three,” said Fredette, who noted he shot 20-of-25 on college 3’s and 19-of-25 on NBA 3’s. “I thought I did pretty well overall. I think coach [Mike D’Antoni] likes me and the front office people and I definitely like the system as well. Run-and-gun system, get up and down and shoot the ball, I think I’d fit in very well.”

A Knicks fan growing up in Glens Falls, N.Y., Fredette said the places he thought he'd fit in best were New York and Utah. But he may not remain on the board for the Knicks at No. 17 in the June 23 draft, with the Jazz (No. 12) and Pacers (No. 15) serving as likely candidates to take this year’s Naismith and Wooden Award winner. Fredette worked out with Indiana on Tuesday and has three more scheduled with Utah, Sacramento (No. 7) and Phoenix (No. 13).

A 6-foot-2 guard, Fredette led the nation in scoring with 28.5 points this season, and had worked out for the Knicks prior to last year’s draft. Without a first round pick, the Knicks couldn’t guarantee Fredette that they’d be able to select him, prompting him to return for his superb senior season.

“They said they really liked me, they couldn’t guarantee me anything, but they said that there was a good chance,” Fredette said. “It would’ve been a lot tougher if someone was to give me a guarantee saying they would pick me, especially if they were in the first round. That would’ve been tough to pass up. I’m very fortunate and glad I didn’t. I had an unbelievable run my senior year and it put me in a better position this year.”

It’s likely too good a position for the Knicks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 08:46 AM   #62
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
I was stunned that they played Dirk one on one at the end, didn't foul with a foul to give, and didn't double team. Lebron just looked at him as he layed the ball up.
Poor coaching. You know as soon as Dirk touches the ball he isn't giving it up. You have to wrap him up on the floor and take that foul, make the Mavs reset and execute an inbound play. Dirk owned Bosh on that play and Lebron failed to come with help.

Mavs stepped up huge but I still think the better team wins and that is the Heat.
SCRUFFDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 09:49 AM   #63
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE

It would have been so easy to fold up and quit. I mean the Heat gave an onslaught of 3's and deflating power dunks. But THIS my friends, is the difference in today's Mavericks: Resilient, tenacious, calm, clutch. Words that could not have been used to describe them just a couple years ago.
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 09:59 AM   #64
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
It would have been so easy to fold up and quit. I mean the Heat gave an onslaught of 3's and deflating power dunks. But THIS my friends, is the difference in today's Mavericks: Resilient, tenacious, calm, clutch. Words that could not have been used to describe them just a couple years ago.
very true. they are playing with a lot more passion in these finals.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 11:22 AM   #65
BLexodus
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Your right, I thought my lakers were going to crush the mavs, and if I was a betting man I would have bet a lot of money on the lakers in that series. But the Mavs have proved me and millions of others wrong, they have won 11 of their last 13 playoff games and are very resilient!

GO MAVS!!! (but only this year)
BLexodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 12:54 PM   #66
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Great comeback by the Mavs. I was thinking wth is wrong with the Mavs through most of the first two games.

Looked like Bosh was going to cry again in the post game conference...
Old 06-03-11, 02:46 PM   #67
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

I cried.... But today is a new day haha
Old 06-03-11, 03:00 PM   #68
DRivera250
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (6)

drivera1210

In the last two processions of the Mavs, LBJ was looking at NoRINGzki in awe and wonderment.

Click the image to open in full size.
No one contested Dirk's three. Dirk took his time and set up his shot.

You have to foul Dirk with a foul to give!
| 2007 IS250 RWD | OBSIDIAN BLACK | BLACK INTERIOR | 18 OEM STOCK RIMS | RED OUTS | 6.5K HIDS | LED CITY LIGHTS | OEM SPOILER | GFX FRONT LIP SPOILER | 30% TINT FORMULA ONE | ALL WEATHER FLOOR MATS |YELLOW FOG | F-SPORT KNOB |

TLN #09 TWITTER: GALLOPINGSALMON
DRivera250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 03:27 PM   #69
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Wink

Old 06-03-11, 04:00 PM   #70
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking and saying last night....

Quote:
MIAMI (Reuters) – Not for the first time this season, the Miami Heat have been accused of celebrating too soon -- this time with NBA Finals rivals the Dallas Mavericks saying premature jubilation inspired their Game Two comeback win.

The Mavs rallied from a 15-point deficit to win 95-93 and level the best-of-seven series at 1-1 ahead of the upcoming three games in Dallas.

With seven minutes remaining, Dwyane Wade sunk a three pointer to stretch Miami's lead to its biggest margin of the night and he milked the moment with LeBron James in front of the Mavericks bench as a timeout was called.

"He celebrated in front of our bench and I think it angered a lot of us," Dallas center Tyson Chandler told reporters.

"We came out there and we responded. It is upsetting when you are out there playing hard and someone celebrates right in front of your bench. We just wanted to come out and respond to it, continue to play and walk them down," he said.

The Heat have made a habit of celebrating recently and were criticized for overplaying the signing of James and Chris Bosh with a party for the fans before the season even began.

Miami also upset some with their celebrations after the Eastern Conference playoffs series win at Boston, which some said was over-the-top, given they were still some way from the title.

But as for Thursday's latest incident, Wade said there was nothing out of the ordinary about how the Heat reacted to his three-pointer.

"Every team in the league, when they go on a run they do something. Whether it's a signal or a chest bump, it's part of the game of basketball," he said

"A celebration is confetti, champagne bottles. There was no celebration. It was a shot made going into a timeout."

Wade, however, conceded the reaction may have had an influence on Dallas but insisted it did not show any complacency on the part of the Heat.

"It pumped them up? They won the game, obviously it did something, that's not the first time and it won't be the last if we do a great play, that we do something with our team mates.

"Don't make nothing out of that celebration. It had nothing to with the outcome of the game for us," he said.

Mavericks guard Jason Terry said that it certainly was a defining moment for his team.

"Right at that moment, it was a turning point in the game. Obviously we come out of that timeout, and if we don't score, then we're pretty much dead," he said.

"We looked at each guy in the huddle to a man. Me, I, specifically looked at Dirk (Nowitzki) and said, 'there's no way we're going out like this.'

"There is too much time left in this game and for us to go out in a blowout-type fashion with them dunking on us, shooting threes on us, it would have been disheartening.

"We continued to keep faith in ourselves. We went out and grinded it out and got it done."
Old 06-03-11, 06:12 PM   #71
GSteg
Rookie
Trader Score: (14)

I normally don't care for the Mavericks, but I like Jason Kidd and I would like to see him get a ring. He's been in the league too long to go on without one.
GSteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-11, 07:47 PM   #72
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pglgr5O6jJE
Old 06-04-11, 01:21 AM   #73
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

^^ all good there will be more of this in the next game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlqPpjrYUJQ
2BENVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 09:14 AM   #74
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I found it amusing when the reporter basically confronted D. Wade with the fact they he and James DID celebrate and it was obvious. To that Wade replied, "Celebrations have confetti and champagne. We were not celebrating."

Oh well.... It was the spark to light the MAVS fuse, so it's all good. But 'playing from behind is NOT advisable' against a great defensive team.
Old 06-05-11, 04:47 PM   #75
//LRD
Lexus Champion

I seriously am happy for you TX, all year you were on the receiving end of a lot of negativity towards you and your Mavs.. And look at them all now .. the so called anti band wagoners . You all know who you are, so please respond to my comments if you really want to standout even more then you already do....

The Mavs didn't need to be motivated by the "celebration" This team have has been resilient, tenacious, calm and clutch thru out the playoffs. .. That's why their the ones in the NBA Finals . Truth be told if the Mavs truly needed it, to motivate their play. Then they deserve to lose the series !! And probably will..The negative media is what drives D. Wade and the Heat. So I'm loving it all. Please keep it coming..

Go Heat !!!!

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
//LRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 04:47 PM

Tags
2011, 3000k, face, finals, gif, lebron, mom, nba, playoffs, rode, shocked, shouldve, smiley, stream, thread, thumbs, west