Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The *OFFICIAL* 2011: NBA FINALS Thread!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-11, 03:07 PM   #31
TeeLex
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (24)
 
TeeLex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoFLo
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
What's so hard to understand that outside of Miami no one respects 'The Decision'?

And team salaries is a bad stat bring up.

Do YOU know that six players account for that $65MM PER YEAR until 2015, ballooning to $76MM at contract end.
Of course it would have been a different situation if LeBron/DWade went to the Knicks?? We all know that both the Knicks and Bulls were trying to pull off a similar stunt - it's just that Miami managed to do it.

Team salaries are not a bad thing to bring up in my opinion, cause that's the bottom line. It takes 5 players at a time on the court, not three. There is also a need for a bench, so team salary is a factor, not just individuals. $76 million is still less than this years Lakers, Mavericks and Celtics.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
2015 Audi RS7
2012 ISF Matador Mica Red on Black - Xpel Xtreme Clear full front coverage, BC/Swift/D2 Forged/Lexon/PPE Headers/JoeZ-PTS/HPS Intake/StopTech Stainless Lines and Pads - Daily Driver For SALE!
2013 Nissan GT-R BE Built AMS Alpha 9+SOLD!!
TeeLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 03:42 PM   #32
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joey-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I.E Southern California to SA,Texas
Posts: 4,153
Default

This Finals just plainly sucks
__________________
RAIDERS | LAKERS | DODGERS | L.A. KINGS | USC TROJANS
EL TRI | LA FURIA ROJA | LES BLEUS | CANARINHA
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:00 PM   #33
stanced
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
stanced's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL. in Iraq right now
Posts: 282
Default

Why are all of you talking about his salary and how he made it to the team? that is preseason chatter. We are in the finals now and the heats are 1up on the Mavs.
The Mavs have "Dirk" and the heat have "the big 3".. How did you think the finals were going to play out?
stanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 05:40 PM   #34
Zohan
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1
Default

Outside of Dirk, the Mavs have little offense and Jason Terry will never be a factor as long as Lebron is guarding him. Dirk is gonna get his points, but as long as Terry, and Kidd are held in check, which in my opinion will happen, i do not see them lasting past game 6.

That being said, i do live in Miami and have been a heat fan since i was a kid. GO HEAT!! lol
Zohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:29 PM   #35
//LRD
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
//LRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SC LAND FL
Posts: 4,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
I only had a problem with the way he did it, the whole media circus surrounding it. I don't think that was all Lebron either, I'm sure it was his agent, publicist, media, and ESPN all getting together and making the biggest spectacle out of it they could.
Best thing a person with that much media hype could of done.. No one ever seems to mention this.... People need to stop already.

The truth is people are still pissed, cause he didn't come to their team/cities.. Get over it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn C. Chmielewski of the Los Angeles Times, View Post
"LeBron's decision has generated an incredible amount of interest, and we decided to make his announcement on national television," Carter said, in a statement. "We are donating the proceeds from the program, totaling $2.5 million, to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America...LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community and has worked with the Boys & Girls Clubs in cities across the country."

Clearly, this doesn't change the fact that this whole thing is a ridiculous publicity stunt, but at least there will be some good people that will benefit from it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
As far as the decision itself, I see no problem going to play where he wants and with whom he wants to win a championship. I hear all the time about how he should have stayed in Cleveland because that's his hometown, then why not hold other players to that same ridiculous standard, since they can't pick who drafts them why aren't they playing out their contracts and moving back home to play for the home team, it's absurd. Why isn't Kobe going back to Philly to bring them a championship, and he didn't win his championships all by himself either. Cleveland had 7 years to build a team around James, they didn't, and I don't blame him one bit for wanting to play in Miami with Wade and Bosh. And this sidekick talk, so does that make Melo a sidekick to Amare too?


Amen to that !!! I been saying that chit all a long..You just did it so much better..
__________________

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
//LRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 06:34 PM   #36
//LRD
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
//LRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SC LAND FL
Posts: 4,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
This Finals just plainly sucks
Of course it does for you !!!! Is it, because the Heat are in the Finals ???..LOL
__________________

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
//LRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 07:18 PM   #37
//LRD
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
//LRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SC LAND FL
Posts: 4,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPEII View Post
Dwight Howard basically called them a bunch of *@s*^es (Lebum and Bosh) if you read between the lines. Man up, stay put and let others come and play for you. But we'll see if he stays true to his words and stays put.
Why even bring that up then ???. He clearly is hating right now !! Mark my words, you all shall see .It's also clear to everyone he's tried of losing every single year..The dude wants to win period... Oh does sound familiar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
He may not be, but he is putting the team and city on notice that he doesn't want to leave and will do his part, but is publicly asking for help. Now it's up to the team and the city to get behind him.

The big difference is that it's not his hometown but is still making a committment to them.

If this guy plays for you and his contract is expiring, this is what you want to hear.
Yeah until they can't gave him what he wants.. Which is to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Lebon for Governor..... whoo hooooo

He should have given a donation to the ball boy he disrespected when he threw his warm ups on the floor while the kid was standing right next to him

lol people forget that this is still just a rich kid with a HS diploma....
Yeah like Kobutt with his (HS dip) and No ah the two of them if I remember correctly just donated to the league for their disrespect of an official and a Heat fan. You member ?? ..Come on man that's the best you can do ?? ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Please Plex, that was a punk move and we need to call it for it was. Who volunteers to be a sidekick?
Please OOHPAPI. can we all say it together ?? Ready ? Carmelo Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
That's why Dwight Howard made his announcement yesterday the way he did. (I carve my own path)
Yeah lets see how long he stays carving his path



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
Outside of Dirk, the Mavs have little offense and Jason Terry will never be a factor as long as Lebron is guarding him. Dirk is gonna get his points, but as long as Terry, and Kidd are held in check, which in my opinion will happen, i do not see them lasting past game 6.
I Have to disagree with you on this . This same team destroyed the NBA Champions.. hehehehe.. At least OKC did put up somewhat of a fight against the Mavs . But yet they still prevailed.. And still they had to bet at least some of the good teams from the West to get here .. . Or the only other answer would be .. The West sucks that much ?? Nan I can't believe that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
GO HEAT!! lol
Yes sir Go Heat !!!

Hey just my 9 cents..
__________________

AC BODY KIT, Petrol Sevilles 20x9 FRT.20X11.5's RR, TEIN SS ride controlled by an EDFC, USDM 2JZ-GTE , BW S366, 264 cams, 4in dual exhaust Made 546 on 18lbs FUEL MANAGED BY Power Squirt 3 EMS ,ARISTO LSD 377. Fully built tranny By. //LRD BRAKES BY //LRD
//LRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 08:05 PM   #38
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,821
Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
I only had a problem with the way he did it, the whole media circus surrounding it. I don't think that was all Lebron either, I'm sure it was his agent, publicist, media, and ESPN all getting together and making the biggest spectacle out of it they could.

As far as the decision itself, I see no problem going to play where he wants and with whom he wants to win a championship. I hear all the time about how he should have stayed in Cleveland because that's his hometown, then why not hold other players to that same ridiculous standard, since they can't pick who drafts them why aren't they playing out their contracts and moving back home to play for the home team, it's absurd. Why isn't Kobe going back to Philly to bring them a championship, and he didn't win his championships all by himself either. Cleveland had 7 years to build a team around James, they didn't, and I don't blame him one bit for wanting to play in Miami with Wade and Bosh. And this sidekick talk, so does that make Melo a sidekick to Amare too?
I never said he didn't have the right to make the decision he made but doesn't mean I respect it or that is respected among his peers. It's not, plain and simple. But I guess it's a generational thing and to me it devalues the trophy. I won't even get into how bad this is going to be for the league and the lockout that's coming.

Any athletes here? Anyone played Division 1 or above? If not, then you probably do not understand the mindset and will probably just throw out 'hater' to define it. 9 times out of 10, your hometown team is the team you are dreaming to be playing for when you are in your backyard at 10 years old and counting down to hit that last shot with the clock running down. Your dream is to play for your hometown team. To have that dream come true should NOT be discounted. It's something most, if not all, athletes wish for. You measure yourself against the competition, not try to rub up against them. The greatest players in the history of the game all had the same response. "I respect his choice but it couldn't have been me, I'd rather go without than to team up with my competition"

If you don't understand to context where where the lack of respect of choosing to move into someone else's house, that's fine. I put my money and my fandom where my heart is and that's with my Knicks. I've never EVER wish for MJ to bring his bum azz to NYC and wear blue and orange. The Knicks haven't won a championship and I'm fine with that. My check gets sent in annually. We've competed for it and at times have gotten close. I can respect and live with that. That is the best way I can describe how I feel about that decision. When we win it, I will appreciate it. My goal in the 80's/90's was to beat Chicago, not become them. Alonzo Mourning was a dunk pillow for the Knicks throughout his career. How much would his legacy be diminished if he had left Miami to come play alongside Pat Ewing?

If Kobe was drafted by Philly and did this, yes I would hold him in the same regard. But Kobe had his shot to leave LA and chose to stay through the lean years when the Lakers REALLY sucked (sorry Joey, lol) and what did he do? Become arguably the best to ever play or least put his name in the conversation. When Shaq left, he put the team on his shoulders good or bad and didn't bail. When he got tired of losing, he threatened to leave (Vince Carter trade) in order to get mgmt to get off their azz. I wasn't a Kobe fan until that happened (see my avatar), but I've gained tremendous respect for what he has accomplished in his career.

Now onto to the Knicks:

Amare - Chose to come to a team full of absolute bums that haven't won anything in a decade and stand in the middle of the city and said I will put it all on my shoulders but the Knicks are back. And then he went out and absolutely dominated. Nothing but the utmost respect for him.

Melo - NY born and bred and said from day 1 of a mike thrust into his face that it was his dream to play for the Knicks. He made his wish known and didn't force anything to happen. The Nets did. He played out his contract in Denver which didn't want him to stay anyway (Karl never liked him, and frankly I was never a fan of Melo either. Check my post history if you want, it's stated). How can Melo be Amare's sidekick when Amare was NEVER mentioned in a top 10 conversation. He was just another big man who played well in Phoenix until he got hurt and then was an afterthought in everyone's mind. Melo has talked about the Knicks from that start and his wish for playing in the Garden. So lets not act like he came HOME because of Amare being here. And what has he done since he's been here. It's his team now. Amare is playing second fiddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeLex View Post
Of course it would have been a different situation if LeBron/DWade went to the Knicks?? We all know that both the Knicks and Bulls were trying to pull off a similar stunt - it's just that Miami managed to do it.

Team salaries are not a bad thing to bring up in my opinion, cause that's the bottom line. It takes 5 players at a time on the court, not three. There is also a need for a bench, so team salary is a factor, not just individuals. $76 million is still less than this years Lakers, Mavericks and Celtics.
If you're asking that question of me, travel back in time a few months and catch up on the convo because you will NEVER find me lobbying for the Knicks to pick up Lebron. He couldn't handle the scrutiny of coming here and choking like he did in Cleveland. Amare was man enough for the job, Lebron wasn't and our city is better off for it. The Knicks owner is an idiot and I've stated that publicly on more than one occasion and if he had gotten Lebron, I would have made a fortune selling my tickets. I didn't want Lebron or Melo (at the price we paid).

As far as team salaries. The point is you have SIX players making $65MM a year for the next four years escalating each year to $76MM in 2015. They cannot sign anyone worthy so how long do you thing you will be able to ride those three night in, night out with no help? Enjoy it while it lasts. Especially with the league getting more physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
Yeah until they can't gave him what he wants.. Which is to win
If he leaves before then, he deserves to be vilified a thousand times more than Lebron. But the fact of the matter is, he put his word out there as a Man when he didn't have to. He doesn't owe Orlando a thing and can walk way if he chooses. He's asked ownership for help and the city for support. Who can't respect that? Based on his history if and when he decides to leave Orlando, he can call a press conference and point back to that statement and put it right back on the owners. "I ask for help and they gave me x, y, z. Now it's on you the public to decide whether they did enough to help me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
Yeah like Kobutt with his (HS dip) and No ah the two of them if I remember correctly just donated to the league for their disrespect of an official and a Heat fan. You member ?? ..Come on man that's the best you can do ?? ..
I'm not here riding Kobe's jock so I don't really care about that nor do I care about Noah. Do I not like Lebron and want to point out some of his many transgressions, yes, sue me. I'm a Knick fan and he's wearing a Heat uniform. I will talk about him and his yea team Mom the same way I talked about Mourning, Hardaway, Miner and anyone else wearing that got awful red and black. So no, it's not the best I can do, not in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
Please OOHPAPI. can we all say it together ?? Ready ? Carmelo Anthony
Asked and answered, see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
Yeah lets see how long he stays carving his path
As I said, if he goes back on his word, then I'll be the first on in line to call him out on it. But he gave it. I can respect that until I have reason to believe otherwise.
__________________
Gracie's Page

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h

Last edited by oohpapi44; 06-01-11 at 08:22 PM..
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 08:18 PM   #39
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joey-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I.E Southern California to SA,Texas
Posts: 4,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by //LRD View Post
Of course it does for you !!!! Is it, because the Heat are in the Finals ???..LOL
No just in general, this finals looks depressing no one is even talking about it in the news except Dallas, miami, and ESPN or local news/papers briefly mentioning it.... its just boring.

Im surprised no one mentioning the classless heatless fans throwing stuff on to the court and at the Mavs bench, or dwack and his side kick lebum racking up the points onto scoreboard in the final seconds

What a shame to the game of basketball all together i rather watch local streetball.
__________________
RAIDERS | LAKERS | DODGERS | L.A. KINGS | USC TROJANS
EL TRI | LA FURIA ROJA | LES BLEUS | CANARINHA

Last edited by Joey-E; 06-01-11 at 10:20 PM..
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 08:31 PM   #40
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joey-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I.E Southern California to SA,Texas
Posts: 4,153
Default

Got to agree with Ohpapi once again the guy knows his hoops and a true fan of the game
__________________
RAIDERS | LAKERS | DODGERS | L.A. KINGS | USC TROJANS
EL TRI | LA FURIA ROJA | LES BLEUS | CANARINHA
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 10:10 PM   #41
LexFather
Guest
Trader Score: ()
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
I never said he didn't have the right to make the decision he made but doesn't mean I respect it or that is respected among his peers. It's not, plain and simple. But I guess it's a generational thing and to me it devalues the trophy. I won't even get into how bad this is going to be for the league and the lockout that's coming.

Any athletes here? Anyone played Division 1 or above? If not, then you probably do not understand the mindset and will probably just throw out 'hater' to define it. 9 times out of 10, your hometown team is the team you are dreaming to be playing for when you are in your backyard at 10 years old and counting down to hit that last shot with the clock running down. Your dream is to play for your hometown team. To have that dream come true should NOT be discounted. It's something most, if not all, athletes wish for. You measure yourself against the competition, not try to rub up against them. The greatest players in the history of the game all had the same response. "I respect his choice but it couldn't have been me, I'd rather go without than to team up with my competition"

If you don't understand to context where where the lack of respect of choosing to move into someone else's house, that's fine. I put my money and my fandom where my heart is and that's with my Knicks. I've never EVER wish for MJ to bring his bum azz to NYC and wear blue and orange. The Knicks haven't won a championship and I'm fine with that. My check gets sent in annually. We've competed for it and at times have gotten close. I can respect and live with that. That is the best way I can describe how I feel about that decision. When we win it, I will appreciate it. My goal in the 80's/90's was to beat Chicago, not become them. Alonzo Mourning was a dunk pillow for the Knicks throughout his career. How much would his legacy be diminished if he had left Miami to come play alongside Pat Ewing?

If Kobe was drafted by Philly and did this, yes I would hold him in the same regard. But Kobe had his shot to leave LA and chose to stay through the lean years when the Lakers REALLY sucked (sorry Joey, lol) and what did he do? Become arguably the best to ever play or least put his name in the conversation. When Shaq left, he put the team on his shoulders good or bad and didn't bail. When he got tired of losing, he threatened to leave (Vince Carter trade) in order to get mgmt to get off their azz. I wasn't a Kobe fan until that happened (see my avatar), but I've gained tremendous respect for what he has accomplished in his career.

Now onto to the Knicks:

Amare - Chose to come to a team full of absolute bums that haven't won anything in a decade and stand in the middle of the city and said I will put it all on my shoulders but the Knicks are back. And then he went out and absolutely dominated. Nothing but the utmost respect for him.

Melo - NY born and bred and said from day 1 of a mike thrust into his face that it was his dream to play for the Knicks. He made his wish known and didn't force anything to happen. The Nets did. He played out his contract in Denver which didn't want him to stay anyway (Karl never liked him, and frankly I was never a fan of Melo either. Check my post history if you want, it's stated). How can Melo be Amare's sidekick when Amare was NEVER mentioned in a top 10 conversation. He was just another big man who played well in Phoenix until he got hurt and then was an afterthought in everyone's mind. Melo has talked about the Knicks from that start and his wish for playing in the Garden. So lets not act like he came HOME because of Amare being here. And what has he done since he's been here. It's his team now. Amare is playing second fiddle.



If you're asking that question of me, travel back in time a few months and catch up on the convo because you will NEVER find me lobbying for the Knicks to pick up Lebron. He couldn't handle the scrutiny of coming here and choking like he did in Cleveland. Amare was man enough for the job, Lebron wasn't and our city is better off for it. The Knicks owner is an idiot and I've stated that publicly on more than one occasion and if he had gotten Lebron, I would have made a fortune selling my tickets. I didn't want Lebron or Melo (at the price we paid).

As far as team salaries. The point is you have SIX players making $65MM a year for the next four years escalating each year to $76MM in 2015. They cannot sign anyone worthy so how long do you thing you will be able to ride those three night in, night out with no help? Enjoy it while it lasts. Especially with the league getting more physical.



If he leaves before then, he deserves to be vilified a thousand times more than Lebron. But the fact of the matter is, he put his word out there as a Man when he didn't have to. He doesn't owe Orlando a thing and can walk way if he chooses. He's asked ownership for help and the city for support. Who can't respect that? Based on his history if and when he decides to leave Orlando, he can call a press conference and point back to that statement and put it right back on the owners. "I ask for help and they gave me x, y, z. Now it's on you the public to decide whether they did enough to help me."



I'm not here riding Kobe's jock so I don't really care about that nor do I care about Noah. Do I not like Lebron and want to point out some of his many transgressions, yes, sue me. I'm a Knick fan and he's wearing a Heat uniform. I will talk about him and his yea team Mom the same way I talked about Mourning, Hardaway, Miner and anyone else wearing that got awful red and black. So no, it's not the best I can do, not in the least.


Asked and answered, see above.



As I said, if he goes back on his word, then I'll be the first on in line to call him out on it. But he gave it. I can respect that until I have reason to believe otherwise.
Wow great post.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 09:53 AM   #42
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)
 
MIA_LEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,148
Default

Go Heat!!!
__________________
2007 TP Lexus IS250
MIA_LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 10:03 AM   #43
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,922
Default

I agree with a lot of what you say papi, I also played JC baseball and made a D1 team but didn't play much at that level.

As far as the home team goes you say, "It's something most, if not all, athletes wish for" but why aren't more athletes doing it? You really don't see it in the pros and even the top college players leave home to play for the best program.
SCRUFFDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 11:19 AM   #44
TYPEII
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
TYPEII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,724
Send a message via AIM to TYPEII
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post

As far as the home team goes you say, "It's something most, if not all, athletes wish for" but why aren't more athletes doing it? You really don't see it in the pros and even the top college players leave home to play for the best program.
Bigger Media Market/popularity = Almighty $$$$ is what it all comes to.

oohpapi44 = 2
__________________


1999 GS4 Burnished Gold Metallic
WHEELS: 20" Auto Couture Magnifique FR 20 x 8.5 +25 R 20 x 10 +32 BODY: L-Tuned Grill | L-Sportline Front | L-Tuned Side | Rod Millen Rear | WIN Rear Spoiler | Ugo Roof Wing | JDM Window Visor | DSR Type I Eyelids | Junction Produce OEM Tail Light SUSPENSION: Tein CS | Tein EDFC | Ugo Front Strut Bar PERFORMANCE: K&N FIPK | Carson Tuned Exhaust MISC: Puddle Lights | LED Mood Lighting | LED Blinker Side Mirrors with Puddle Lights| Q45 Retro
TYPEII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 11:47 AM   #45
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,821
Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say papi, I also played JC baseball and made a D1 team but didn't play much at that level.

As far as the home team goes you say, "It's something most, if not all, athletes wish for" but why aren't more athletes doing it? You really don't see it in the pros and even the top college players leave home to play for the best program.

That's a good question.

College is a different story because college students leave home to get away from parental rule is what I would assume. Unless it's a legacy situation, it just doesn't really happen. And if you're a top prospect, you're probably going to go to a program that's going to develop you enough to get you to play professionally somewhere. And then it also crosses into economical factors as a lot of athletes come from poor backgrounds and need to go where the ride is free. Sometimes that means the entire family uproots themselves and moves with the prospect because the institution is going to find employment for a family member as enticement.

With the NBA I think it's hard to pin down a reason. You as a kid have 'loyalty' to your hometown team but they don't have any loyalty to you as a recruit or player as it always boils down to money for them.

LMAO, I had typed out this long response but erased it because I simply don't know. I can think of a lot of factors that influence it but I just think it's really tough to accomplish.

Union (guys taking pay cuts to go home would go against everything they stand for)
Guaranteed contracts
Fantasy vs Reality of dealing with Mgmt
Endorsements
Pressure

It would be interesting to know how many times it has happened in the past though.

Damn, still ended up being a winded response.... lol my bad.

Interesting conversation for sure.

Thanks.
__________________
Gracie's Page

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h

Last edited by oohpapi44; 06-02-11 at 12:02 PM..
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 11:47 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2011, 3000k, face, finals, gif, lebron, mom, nba, playoffs, rode, shocked, shouldve, smiley, stream, thread, thumbs, west

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info