Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The *OFFICIAL* 2011: NBA FINALS Thread!

Old 06-01-11, 09:11 AM   #16
plex
Retired SC Pilot
Trader Score: (9)

Dirk's one of the best but others on the team need to step it up too if they are going to win.

I won't claim to be a Heat fan, I've been a Lebron fan ever since I first read about him his sophomore year in high school. I'm not a fan of how he announced his move to the Heat but it is what it is, you can't fault him for wanting to be in a more productive environment.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
plex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 10:32 AM   #17
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Please Plex, that was a punk move and we need to call it for it was. Who volunteers to be a sidekick?

That's why Dwight Howard made his announcement yesterday the way he did. (I carve my own path)

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 10:42 AM   #18
TYPEII
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Send a message via AIM to TYPEII

Dwight Howard basically called them a bunch of *@s*^es (Lebum and Bosh) if you read between the lines. Man up, stay put and let others come and play for you. But we'll see if he stays true to his words and stays put.

1999 GS4 Burnished Gold Metallic
WHEELS: 20" Auto Couture Magnifique FR 20 x 8.5 +25 R 20 x 10 +32 BODY: L-Tuned Grill | L-Sportline Front | L-Tuned Side | Rod Millen Rear | WIN Rear Spoiler | Ugo Roof Wing | JDM Window Visor | DSR Type I Eyelids | Junction Produce OEM Tail Light SUSPENSION: Tein CS | Tein EDFC | Ugo Front Strut Bar PERFORMANCE: K&N FIPK | Carson Tuned Exhaust MISC: Puddle Lights | LED Mood Lighting | LED Blinker Side Mirrors with Puddle Lights| Q45 Retro
TYPEII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 10:45 AM   #19
plex
Retired SC Pilot

Lebron saw what happened at Boston lol....and figured sidekick was an option. Is Dwight staying in O-Town?
plex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 11:14 AM   #20
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherplex View Post
Lebron saw what happened at Boston lol....and figured sidekick was an option. Is Dwight staying in O-Town?
He may not be, but he is putting the team and city on notice that he doesn't want to leave and will do his part, but is publicly asking for help. Now it's up to the team and the city to get behind him.

The big difference is that it's not his hometown but is still making a committment to them.

If this guy plays for you and his contract is expiring, this is what you want to hear.

Quote:
"I'm not trying to run behind nobody like Shaq or be behind somebody else," said Howard, who can terminate his current contract with the Magic a year early and become a free agent during the summer of 2012. "I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando."

Howard added that he would like to stick around and help turn the Magic into a championship team. But the key word is "help."
"I can't do it alone," he said. "Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have this small market that we have and we can make it a big market."

2011 - RX450h
Old 06-01-11, 11:39 AM   #21
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherplex View Post
Dirk's one of the best but others on the team need to step it up too if they are going to win.

I won't claim to be a Heat fan, I've been a Lebron fan ever since I first read about him his sophomore year in high school. I'm not a fan of how he announced his move to the Heat but it is what it is, you can't fault him for wanting to be in a more productive environment.

bet you didnt know that proceeds from "the decision" went to charities like the boys and girls club
Old 06-01-11, 11:53 AM   #22
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Lebon for Governor..... whoo hooooo

He should have given a donation to the ball boy he disrespected when he threw his warm ups on the floor while the kid was standing right next to him

Click the image to open in full size.

lol people forget that this is still just a rich kid with a HS diploma....

2011 - RX450h
Old 06-01-11, 12:13 PM   #23
plex
Retired SC Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_LEX View Post
bet you didnt know that proceeds from "the decision" went to charities like the boys and girls club
Actually I do know about the donations to boys and girls club, I'm just saying the way he announced could have been better even he himself said that. Don't get me twisted I'm a die had Lebron fan and has been following him since High School just didn't like how he announced his move to the Heat.
Old 06-01-11, 12:23 PM   #24
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Imagine where his game would be had he been required to go to college for 3 years like the NFL requires currently. Imagine the overall game.

2011 - RX450h
Old 06-01-11, 12:25 PM   #25
stanced
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Dirk scored 28pts friemd. Highest scorer last night. Hardly a shut out.
Keep in mind Dirk is only one of 5 players in NBA history to average 25pts in EVERY playoff game. The other players are long retired. The dude is a legend. He deserves this Ring and I hope his team can step up like he always has.
You misunderstood.

On the last quarter, they shut Dirk down. he missed over half his shots and could not penetrate the Miami defense. IF and LIKE they kept Dirk from scoring like they did, they will win this. The same way they kept ROSE from scoring his avg. of 30ppg. DIRK is a great player, he does deserve the ring but at the same time, 1 player can't carry a team, notice how with Miami it is "The big 3"..
stanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 12:28 PM   #26
TeeLex
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYPEII View Post
Didn't catch the game till the second half, it was a so-so game, poor shooting on both teams, not sure if it was the "D" or not, saw a lot of wide open misses/made shoots.

Can't let a bunch of dudes that can't win on their own win the whole shabang.
I like the poor shooting comments............check out the shooting percentage for Sixers, Celtics and Bulls in their series' with the Heat. The two best teams in the NBA on defense were the Bulls and Heat, and for a reason....they both get after the other team's offense.

I guess you're discounting DWade's championship in 2006. Not sure why. Also I would like all the experts to tell me which all star won an NBA championship lately by themselves, surely not the Lakers or Celtics. By-the-way, everyone should check out the team payrolls before *****ing too much about Miami - the Lakers ( $91.7 million ), Mavericks ( $91 million ) and Celtics ( $83 million ) are paying way more for their teams than the Heat ( $67 million ). The Heat are not even in the top 11 in team payrolls ( ( Utah is at $72 million even after DWill leaving ).

Maybe some people should start thinking about how much LeBron, DWade and Bosh left $$ on the table for a chance to play together ( unselfish, just like their style of play ).

GO HEAT!!!!
TeeLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 12:42 PM   #27
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

What's so hard to understand that outside of Miami no one respects 'The Decision'?

And team salaries is a bad stat bring up.

Do YOU know that six players account for that $65MM PER YEAR until 2015, ballooning to $76MM at contract end.

2011 - RX450h
Old 06-01-11, 01:57 PM   #28
TYPEII
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Send a message via AIM to TYPEII

TeeLex, I wasn't talking about Wade, I know he got his, referring to Lebum and Bosh, I guess I could of been more clear on that.

We all know having a high salary does not guarantee a championship, Yankees, Knicks etc, have proving that... As for taking less money, 5-10 million here and there is nothing to these guys when they can make that up in endorsements... I guess I just think it's un fair for the small markets because no Super star will ever want to play/stay, say in Minnesota, Utah, Toronto etc...

1999 GS4 Burnished Gold Metallic
WHEELS: 20" Auto Couture Magnifique FR 20 x 8.5 +25 R 20 x 10 +32 BODY: L-Tuned Grill | L-Sportline Front | L-Tuned Side | Rod Millen Rear | WIN Rear Spoiler | Ugo Roof Wing | JDM Window Visor | DSR Type I Eyelids | Junction Produce OEM Tail Light SUSPENSION: Tein CS | Tein EDFC | Ugo Front Strut Bar PERFORMANCE: K&N FIPK | Carson Tuned Exhaust MISC: Puddle Lights | LED Mood Lighting | LED Blinker Side Mirrors with Puddle Lights| Q45 Retro
TYPEII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 02:17 PM   #29
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Michael Hoff TheHoffReport

The HEAT...nuff said!
mjh09e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 02:18 PM   #30
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
What's so hard to understand that outside of Miami no one respects 'The Decision'?
I only had a problem with the way he did it, the whole media circus surrounding it. I don't think that was all Lebron either, I'm sure it was his agent, publicist, media, and ESPN all getting together and making the biggest spectacle out of it they could.

As far as the decision itself, I see no problem going to play where he wants and with whom he wants to win a championship. I hear all the time about how he should have stayed in Cleveland because that's his hometown, then why not hold other players to that same ridiculous standard, since they can't pick who drafts them why aren't they playing out their contracts and moving back home to play for the home team, it's absurd. Why isn't Kobe going back to Philly to bring them a championship, and he didn't win his championships all by himself either. Cleveland had 7 years to build a team around James, they didn't, and I don't blame him one bit for wanting to play in Miami with Wade and Bosh. And this sidekick talk, so does that make Melo a sidekick to Amare too?
SCRUFFDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 02:18 PM

Tags
2011, 3000k, face, finals, gif, lebron, mom, nba, playoffs, rode, shocked, shouldve, smiley, stream, thread, thumbs, west