Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Who will win tonight in the main event?
Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao 8 100.00%
"Sugar" Shane Mosley 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Pacquiao vs Mosley

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-11, 11:35 AM   #16
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
1993ES300x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ny
Posts: 1,686
Send a message via Yahoo to 1993ES300x
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
Nope. He scared plain and simple. He has had the oppurtunity but decides to fight fighters he and his camp know isnt a challenge.

The guy is scarred of needles and drug testing for goodness sake. GTFO!
I think you're just a seasonal fan if this is what you believe. PAC agree to any type of testing RIGHT after the fight along with any type of urine testing before the fight. Use google if you don't believe me. Mayweather won't be worth jack if he loss that perfect record and he knows that. He'll bank more being in the picture than the result.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
1993ES300x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 11:45 AM   #17
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,843
Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44
Default

Well the truth is Manny DID balk at the first round of testing but he had his reasons. He said he didn't mind the testing during training camp but not right before the fight (24-48 hours) which I have no issue with. He didn't want to be stuck (or injected with something) right before the fight. Floyd wouldn't budge on that one stipulation and talks broke down.

Then Manny went out and beat the pants off everybody and agreed to every single one of Floyd's stipulations and yet Floyd walked away from negotiations. This is the part that most of the public overlooks after not fully understanding the reasons for the first breakdown.



Everyone do this. Think of a MEMORABLE Floyd right right now in your head.


I'll wait.



Still waiting.





Nuff said.
__________________
Gracie's Page

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 12:45 PM   #18
daygo718
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 647
Default

Supposedly, not only did Floyd walk away when Manny agreed to every stipulation, he also left a reportedly $50 mil guaranteed payday. Does he really want to protect that 0 in the loss column that bad?

Rumors today are that Floyd will fight Victor Ortiz as a tune-up fight then fight Manny next year. That's garbage! If you say you're the best ever, go ahead and fight Manny already and prove it. Fans have waited long enough.
__________________
Daygo718
Cars- Work in Progress
daygo718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 05:58 PM   #19
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joey-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I.E Southern California to SA,Texas
Posts: 4,214
Default

I live and breath boxing....

bt yeah all of you jump on the pacwoman bandwagon, real boxers/fans knows whats going on.
__________________
RAIDERS | LAKERS | DODGERS | L.A. KINGS | USC TROJANS
EL TRI | LA FURIA ROJA | LES BLEUS | CANARINHA
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 07:03 PM   #20
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (6)
 
DriftGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,277
DriftGirl
Default

sad about the SSM vs MP fight. I knew Shane would wait to load up with one shot..Manny knew it as well and boxed a very cautious fight.


My opinion is that being a great boxer all those years actually hurt him in this fight. He didnt follow his corners directions. He knew what he was looking for vs going after what the extra eyes in his corner could see. They call that a veteren mistake.

SSM is hella cool. Polite and humble just like u see on TV...the people in his camp are cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Manny agreed to every stipulation and Floyd walked away.
Uh, Thats not true
They never came to terms with the testing issue. They never even came to terms as to what type of testing would be done within those dates either.

My opinion is that no athelete should ever make an excuse not to test for PED's in this day and age. Manny hasnt said he wanted to fight PBF...always refers to TopRank / Arum whenever its brought up.



My sources are SOLID
__________________

[ www.MySpace/DriftGirl * www.BippuCar.com *www.Instagram.com/DriftGirl * www.Twitter.com/DriftGirl ]
*~*Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
DriftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 07:33 PM   #21
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joey-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I.E Southern California to SA,Texas
Posts: 4,214
Default

^Thats whats up
__________________
RAIDERS | LAKERS | DODGERS | L.A. KINGS | USC TROJANS
EL TRI | LA FURIA ROJA | LES BLEUS | CANARINHA
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 10:08 PM   #22
GS wanted
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)
 
GS wanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,953
Send a message via Yahoo to GS wanted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Well the truth is Manny DID balk at the first round of testing but he had his reasons. He said he didn't mind the testing during training camp but not right before the fight (24-48 hours) which I have no issue with. He didn't want to be stuck (or injected with something) right before the fight. Floyd wouldn't budge on that one stipulation and talks broke down.

Then Manny went out and beat the pants off everybody and agreed to every single one of Floyd's stipulations and yet Floyd walked away from negotiations. This is the part that most of the public overlooks after not fully understanding the reasons for the first breakdown.



Everyone do this. Think of a MEMORABLE Floyd right right now in your head.


I'll wait.



Still waiting.





Nuff said.
ha ha... I think his fights are memorable not necessarily because of the actual fights but because of HBO's brilliance in creating 24/7 allowing everybody to see the build up to his fights. All of the trash talking leading up to the fights heightens the anticipation because you want to see if PBF can live up to his own hype. ha ha But, for your question I'll play and say De la Hoya and Hatton were memorable for me. However, Pacquiao's fights against these same two were MORE memorable.
__________________

It's the crest on the chest not the name on the back.
RIP RvP
GS wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 09:07 AM   #23
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,843
Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftGirl View Post

Uh, Thats not true
They never came to terms with the testing issue. They never even came to terms as to what type of testing would be done within those dates either.

My opinion is that no athelete should ever make an excuse not to test for PED's in this day and age. Manny hasnt said he wanted to fight PBF...always refers to TopRank / Arum whenever its brought up.



My sources are SOLID
Quote:
Manny Pacquiao agrees to undergo blood tests, but Floyd Mayweather has new stipulations:
Pacquiao agreed to have it done 24 days before the fight, but Mayweather insisted on 14. The other day, however, the Filipino superstar agreed to do it 14 days or even closer, but not on the day of the fight itself.
...
"I gave him (Pacquiao) a chance, up to 14 days out. But my new terms are all the way up to the fight. They can come get us whenever, all the way up to the fight, random drug test. That’s what it is," Mayweather was quoted as saying.
Now, unless Mayweather changes his mind, the fight is not likely to happen because Pacquiao said a couple of days ago that he’s willing to undergo blood tests as long as they’re not done so close to the fight.
"Huwag lang sa day ng fight (Just not on the day of the fight)," Pacquiao said.
...
When Mayweather fought Shane Mosley last May 1, the last ounce of blood (testing) from both fighters were drawn 18 and 19 days before the fight.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/23...ees-to-undergo
Quote:
MANILA: Manny Pacquiao has rekindled hopes for a dream fight with Floyd Mayweather Junior after agreeing to a tough drug-test demand by his only serious rival for the title of the world’s best pound-for pound boxer.

Negotiations for the bout fell through earlier this year when American Mayweather insisted on Olympic-style random drug testing, which the Filipino seven-time world champion rejected as too intrusive.

“I have agreed to it, but they should not draw too much blood. They should only take what is necessary for the drug test,” Pacquiao said.

“Fourteen days,” he added, stating the time limit for blood to be taken before the fight.

In the run-up to the aborted March bout, Mayweather called for repeated blood testing up to the day of the fight. Pacquiao, who has never failed a doping test, wanted a 30-day cut-off. – AFP
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...sports/6322491
And a pro Mayweather article but still saying essentially the same thing:
Quote:
Manny Pacquiao Stops Ducking Fight with Mayweather?

(May 20, 2010) in Sports / Manny Pacquiao
Manny Pacquiao came out today and said he would be tested up to 14 days before a potential fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. The compromise by Pacquiao is newsworthy because the Filipino star initially refused to have testing that close to the fight date.
During this February’s fight negotiations between the two boxers’ camps, Pacquiao said he was offended by Mayweather's insistentence on drug testing right before the match. The refusal by Pacman (and attitude clashes) caused talks between the two men to be called off.
Now Pacquiao is singing a different tune.
Of course, the sudden change in attitude poses one big question:
Why now?
The problem, as it has been all along, is that Pacquiao is playing his fans and the media beautifully. It is very debatable whether or not he, in fact, wants to fight Mayweather in the first place. But, in the meantime, he has chosen to toy with the champion. He understands Mayweather’s arrogance and big mouth make him the instant villain, so there is very little he, the “good guy,” can do wrong.
Rather than giving into demands and securing the fight, Pacquiao chose to wait three months before deciding to agree to the conditions Mayweather originally set forth. In the time between February and May, Mayweather grew weary of Pacquiao’s nonsense and pulled himself from the fight altogether.
Now Pacquiao wants it to appear like he is the one giving in to all of Mayweather's demands, and that Pretty Boy Floyd is the one turning him down.
Pacquiao’s original excuse for not wanting drug testing so close to the fight date was that pulling of blood would make him weak. Well, what happened since then? Did he get a sudden burst of courage in terms of taking blood?
The whole “it will make me weak” excuse was always flimsy, at best.
In the Olympics, small amounts of blood and urine have been known to be taken as little as a few hours before competition. The testing has never been associated with poor results after-the-fact. In fact, during the Beijing Games, Michael Phelps provided authorities with a drug test on the morning of one of his relays. He subsequently won a gold medal hours later.
Despite all of the evidence showing that athletes are fine after blood testing prior to events, Pacquiao told the Phillipine Star:
“My message to Mayweather, to the world, is simple…I am not the lawmaker when it comes to the rules and regulations of any boxing commission. That is not my job or my duty. Neither is it Mayweather’s unless he forms his own personal commission…I will comply fully with whatever drug test, blood or urine, rules are specified by the commission of the place where this fight is arranged.”
Yet Pacquiao agrees that the drug testing policies in place are inadequate?
The story of Pacquiao’s sudden and suspicious agreement to Mayweather’s original conditions has supposedly put the ball back into Mayweather’s court. Some fans say that if Pretty Boy Floyd refuses to agree to the fight now, it’s proof that he is scared of Pacquiao.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Mayweather’s undefeated career has spanned over more than a decade. He could go out, lose to Pacquiao tomorrow, collect his enormous paycheck from the fight, and still retire as one of the greatest boxers of all time.
There is a reason Las Vegas odds favor Mayweather.
If the champion does decide that Pacquiao’s three-months-too-late agreement is not adequate anymore, it’s simply because he is tired of the Filipino superstar’s ridiculous games.
Mayweather is, as he has been for months, ready for Pacquiao. He is not the roadblock that is preventing this fight from occurring.
It would be wise for Pacquiao to stop with the nonsense. Rather than coming out and agreeing to conditions set forth three months ago, he should go out and ask Mayweather what his current conditions are. Then, when Mayweather presents them, Pacquaio should accept, instantly.
Until then, as far as I’m concerned, Pacquiao is the one ducking Mayweather. He just happens to be better than Pretty Boy Floyd in using the media to cover it up.

To point about testing. (and not I'm not a Manny die hard) Manny has never failed a PED test that I've heard of but this is not about PED testing. This is about someone sticking a needle into your arm close to (or on) the date you are going to fight. Who would want that? It's not like every fighter isn't tested immediately after the fight.
__________________
Gracie's Page

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 09:15 AM   #24
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
oohpapi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SouthSide Qns
Posts: 5,843
Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS wanted View Post
ha ha... I think his fights are memorable not necessarily because of the actual fights but because of HBO's brilliance in creating 24/7 allowing everybody to see the build up to his fights. All of the trash talking leading up to the fights heightens the anticipation because you want to see if PBF can live up to his own hype. ha ha But, for your question I'll play and say De la Hoya and Hatton were memorable for me. However, Pacquiao's fights against these same two were MORE memorable.
Not disagreeing with you at all, but that's hardly what you should be expecting to hear when describing the 'best of the best' and his career. This idiot did say he was better than Ali after all.

His best 'fight' was Mosley in my opinion. Because he actually fought. The rest of them, blah...lol if I wanted to watch a track meet, I'd watch the Penn Relays. He may have been the fastest of all time, but greatest, not by a long shot.
__________________
Gracie's Page

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 10:41 AM   #25
BLEX1UZFE
Driver
Trader Score: (1)
 
BLEX1UZFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
I live and breath boxing....

bt yeah all of you jump on the pacwoman bandwagon, real boxers/fans knows whats going on.
yea some often forget that mosely challenged ratman (manny) a while ago but he didnt want to take the fight also manny has beat everybody that floyd already destroyed and everytime people say he is scared he comes out and jams leather into their faces
BLEX1UZFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 01:52 PM   #26
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (6)
 
DriftGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,277
DriftGirl
Default

without reading all the "press"articles.. I will say that im probably a lot closer to actual parties involved... Not even trying to read all that when I actually talk to one of the fighters involved,chat with another and talk with close friends and camp members of all 3 fighters that we're talkin about.

Not sayin any names (dont even ask) but we BS on the phone, text,email about stupid life ish, cars, music, whenever.....

Some of my friends have a problem with MP not talking direct in regards to the potential PBF fight....Dodges those questions like they're punches. LoLz!

14days is nothing..ask Mark Mcguire or Barry Bonds, Carl Lewis, Arod....or dare I even say Lance Armstrong? NO Athelete is above the sport they participate in. Boxing is one of the last sports that hasnt made a real effort to clean itself up. Urine tests are a joke. 7 days was the last offer that did not get agreed upon. Personally I wouldnt give any slack! we'd be at the weigh in with needles in our arms!

repeat: 14 days was NEVER agreed upon on paper... ive seen reports that claim MP said he was cool with it 7 days or shorter...lies. Fight wouldve happened already.


1, Every state has its own testing guidlines
2, Not every state requires tests after fights
3, no states require blood draws after fights
4, agreeing to a urine test is not really testing at all these days

The following is jus my opinion:

once you agree to SOME testing and not others or demand to be notified before you're tested...your credibility is shot to hell. I hope to God that he's clean, but I wouldnt place that bet...not even with Vegas odds

ALL Professional atheletes should be treated like olympians when it comes to PED testing. No excuses will ever be valid in my eyes.

The only fights that make sense are PBF or Tim Bradley (long shot) vs PacMan.

Mosley couldnt even get those 2 fights (MP & PBF )in his prime.

All this "In house" match making is what ruins boxing (and the whole race thing) and has people gravitating towards MMA.

I also think that this huge influx of "new fans" gives the game a black eye. If you only know about one boxer...how do you call yourself a fan of the sport? Just say you're a fan of THAT athelete for whatever reason.

Again, Theres no excuse that ANY athelete can make to justify not testing.... Testing is something should never have to be negotiated.

If I told you I wanted to race my stock v8 vs your stock v8 in 30 days...Then showed up with Zeus Clips on my hood and said u could peek under the hood @ 20 days ( Urine test) didnt let you look under my entire car...blood test

Click the image to open in full size.

You'd prolly be pretty pissed to find out that I installed a rear mounted turbo on my sc400
Click the image to open in full size.
all while saying: "...no peeking 14days prior to the race"
__________________

[ www.MySpace/DriftGirl * www.BippuCar.com *www.Instagram.com/DriftGirl * www.Twitter.com/DriftGirl ]
*~*Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*

Last edited by DriftGirl; 05-11-11 at 04:59 PM..
DriftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 04:21 PM   #27
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Joey-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I.E Southern California to SA,Texas
Posts: 4,214
Default

^^^Yesss
__________________
RAIDERS | LAKERS | DODGERS | L.A. KINGS | USC TROJANS
EL TRI | LA FURIA ROJA | LES BLEUS | CANARINHA
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-11, 08:40 PM   #28
Galaxy 40
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Galaxy 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: LV 426
Posts: 301
Default

Regarding the drug test do you guy's know if

Dela Hoya
Hatton
Cotto
Clotty
Margarito
Mosley

asked Manny to get tested?
__________________
Galaxy 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 05:34 PM   #29
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (6)
 
DriftGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,277
DriftGirl
Default

MP vs Margarito....

MP's camp insisted that Margarito take a test right before they entered the ring. Margarito's people were pissed and asked if Manny would take a test as well...he said yeah.....


wtf!?!

I dont like Margarito and think that he shouldve never been allowed to fight in ANY state. He should be in jail for what he did and tried to do. Im so glad Shane beat the livin crap outta him.

However, MP's camp had a lot of nerve to ask Margarito to test (right B4 the fight) because it was not in the contract to do so...they just thought he may be dirty.


anywayz, Why take a test for Margarito and not test for Floyd for the biggest fight of the century? It just doesnt make $ense any way you look at it.

MP says its all about the kids and the people...show them that there are clean athletes who dont have to cheat to be on top. He's not bigger than boxing or the kids that look up to him and now wonder if its true. I think he's missing out on an opportunity thats bigger than himself and boxing.

I want the damn fight to happen!! Man up, test and get it on!

As far as the other people, Jus Look at the list and see how they are associated with TopRank and MP.
__________________

[ www.MySpace/DriftGirl * www.BippuCar.com *www.Instagram.com/DriftGirl * www.Twitter.com/DriftGirl ]
*~*Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
DriftGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 08:31 PM   #30
G Star
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (2)
 
G Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: California
Posts: 6,018
Send a message via AIM to G Star
Default

So will this fight ever happen??
__________________
06 GS
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1174/2013lexusgsfrontteaser.jpg
G Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 08:31 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
bella, club, gonzalez, michigan, mosley, pacquiao, sites, stood

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info