Register Forgot Password?

Class of 2011: NFL DRAFT!!!

Old 04-28-11, 02:13 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Thumbs up Class of 2011: NFL DRAFT!!!

Here we go ladies & gents! One of the BEST drafts in a minute in terms of overall firepower. So who do you want and who do you think goes where?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011

Click the image to open in full size.

Cam "The Man" Newton is obviously priority for either Carolina or Bengals or any one else needing some immediate fire power from the QB position!

For my COWBOYS:

Guard is MUST need (damn near entire Offensive Line!) for Dallas so it is a possibility that the Cowboys consider Carpenter and Franklin in the 2nd round as one of their options.
While LT is virtually impossible to fill via free agency without breaking the bank, RT is much easier and that's where Dallas needs OT help.

Quote:
NFL analyst: Cowboys could deal with Patriots, move down and get their man
In an interview on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike on Thursday morning, NFL analyst Todd McShay offered a scenario in which the Cowboys would move down from the No. 9 spot in the first round of the NFL Draft.

"In talking to guys around the league and understanding what teams are looking for, the Dallas Cowboys sit at 9," McShay said. "They have three players they want: Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt, and then the offensive tackles Tyron Smith from USC and then Anthony Costanzo from Boston College. They think they can get at least one of those guys if they get back to the middle of the first round.

"I think the relationship -- Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft the Patriots owner -- they could get a deal done where the Patriots move up and only give away that 60th pick, their second one in the second round. The Patriots move up in the top 10 and get a player I believe they are in love with in Cameron Jordan who can play defensive end and provide a lot of versatility coming out of Cal as a 3-4 defensive end for Bill Belichick."

The Cowboys and Patriots were part of a deal in 2010 that led to Dallas choosing Dez Bryant with the 24th pick. In the 2002 draft, the Cowboys chose Pete Hunter in the fifth round with a pick that was once owned by the Patriots.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 05:59 AM   #2
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

saying it right now, Newton will be a bust. the next Vince Young.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 09:12 AM   #3
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
saying it right now, Newton will be a bust. the next Vince Young.
I'm with you on that one I think the best QB to emerge from this draft class hasn't been drafted yet, time will tell.

Surprised Jake Locker went 8th, so much talk here in Seattle on whether the Seahawks would take him at 25 and they didn't even get a sniff at him.

Disappointed with the Hawks pick, not the player, I like Carpenter and he fills our biggest need on the O-line but I thought there were players available that were that much better to wait. A few I like better, Carimi, Smith, and Ingram. I just think we could have got Carpenter or equal talent on the OL with our second pick.

One other note that worries me, the Cards and Niners did not pick up a QB, now I'm worried they will make a big push to get Hasslebeck and leave us with Whitehurst as our only option. I'll go through an awful year though to get Andrew Luck next draft
SCRUFFDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 11:54 AM   #4
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Dallas finally got it right (at least in the position selection) with their 1st rd draft pick of Tyson Smith from USC - OT. Dallas MUST beef up that O line if they even hope to get the type of production out of Romo we all know he is capable of producing. And that broken collar bone was surely the reason for making this selection.
http://thelandryhat.com/2011/04/29/c...-pass-blocker/
Quote:
Tonight during the first round excitement of the 2011 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys passed on trading down with the Jacksonville Jaguars in order to land Tyron Smith the apparent right tackle of the future. The Jacksonville Jaguars offered the Cowboys the same deal (the 16th and 49th overall picks) that they gave the Washington Redskins to move up to No. 10.

It seemed all but certain that the Cowboys would trade down headed into the draft if one bought into the pre-draft scuttlebutt which many of us fanatics did. Gaining an extra pick or two and still being able to land one of the drafts top offensive linemen seemed the way to go this year for a team that has needs on both sides of the ball.

Jerry Jones commented on the decision made on trading back in the draft or taking Smith at the ninth spot by saying, ”We didn’t want to risk losing him,” Jones said of not trading down. “I gave myself a test and that was can I live with the missed opportunity of a trade more than the decision of losing him. I can live with the missed opportunity. I couldn’t live with losing him.”

Apparently Jones is a little more enamored with Smith than fans were by passing on more than equal value via the offer from the Jags. Not passing on Jacksonville’s offer would have provided an opportunity for the Cowboys to secure an additional top 50 player and that may have went along way in helping fill a need for the Dallas Cowboys.

Smith is viewed as a young tackle with a lot of upside but projected to be unable to step in right away and start. At 6-foot-5, 307-pound Tyron Smith is the first offensive lineman picked in the first round by the Cowboys since Howard Richards in 1981.

Only time will tell if the right decision was made but for the sake of an aging offensive line let’s hope so. Dallas needed an offensive lineman who could step in right away and start so to spend the ninth overall pick on anything less seems a bit of a stretch but hopefully the coaching staff can get this kid prepared for game action by the time the team flies to New York to face the Jets.
We shall see what they do with their remaining picks... Uhhm JJ? Say it with me... "Corner Back and/or Safety"!
Old 04-29-11, 11:57 AM   #5
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Why the Falcons felt they needed to give away their 2nd, 4th, 1st next year, and 4th next year for Julio Jones? Did this team not have the best record in the NFC? That was uhhm... Dumb!

At how bout dem LIONS...

These 2 dudes can instantly turn Detroit into a TOP 10 Defense this season!

Ndamukong Suh

And now Nick Fairley
Old 04-29-11, 12:25 PM   #6
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Why the Falcons felt they needed to give away their 2nd, 4th, 1st next year, and 4th next year for Julio Jones? Did this team not have the best record in the NFC? That was uhhm... Dumb!
Errr if the team had the best record in the NFC then why would they need a bunch of rookies via picks? They don't have many holes to fill and just need an impact player. What's so hard to figure out about that? They are a young team and aren't in danger of losing many spots over the next two years.

They just better hope they picked the right player to go 'all in' on.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 12:25 PM