Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

How Much It Would've Cost You For The SUPERBOWL XLV Experience In DALLAS 2011?

Old 02-07-11, 08:08 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Exclamation How Much It Would've Cost You For The SUPERBOWL XLV Experience In DALLAS 2011?

Well... I attended a couple of functions that normally cost $500 - $1,000 just for entrance. Being in promotions... I was able to avoid that blow to the wallet.

But a many of visitors, fans, and locals alike, surely got "broke off" in their pocket book as you will soon see below:

Headed to Dallas for Super Bowl XLV?
Bring a credit card -- heck, bring a deck of them -- because everything in Texas is supersized this weekend, including the prices.
First and foremost, you're going to need a ticket. Good news: the NFL Ticket Exchange lists 21,032 seats still available as of Tuesday afternoon in the new $1.2 billion, 105,000-capacity Cowboys Stadium.
The bad news? They run between $2,400 and $23,730. Yes, apiece. Which might at least push your card's credit limit.
On the other hand, if you recently sold the ranch, you might want to consider an XLV offer on eBay for a private, 25-person luxury suite on the 40-yard line just two doors down from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, complete with catering, attendant and private loo, for just $599,000.
For the ultimate in NFL street cred, Barclay's new official NFL Extra Points rewards card enables diehard fans to flash their team's colors and logo with every purchase. NFL Extra Points cardholders enjoy a 20 percent discount at NFLShop.com and earn loyalty points toward game day tickets, memorabilia and fan experiences with every purchase.
You can even cash in your rewards points for a seat at next year's Super Bowl, but you'd better get busy -- it will cost you 200,000 points at $1 per point.
Let's talk parking. According to ParkWhiz.com, you spent between $550 and $990 for a parking space one-tenth of a mile from Cowboys Stadium, no discount for steer horns on the grill. Ouch, right? If you don't mind riding a free shuttle, you can park one mile away for a mere $55.
As for accommodations, this might be the year to reconnect and crash with that geeky guy from high school who wound up in Big D. CBS MoneyWatch reports that the cost of a queen room at the Arlington Super 8 Motel goes for $1,198 plus tax for Friday and Saturday night. 'Nuff said.
If you plan to pull plastic to partake of the more exclusive Super Bowl parties, you may want to brace your card company first. A single ticket to the marquee Sports Illustrated soiree featuring the Black Eyed Peas -- the halftime performers for the big game -- runs $1,500. Hey, that's cheap; a stage-side cabana for 12 goes for $80,000. Admission to a private party with Prince will set you back $1,500 per as well, which makes the $750 cover charge to rapper Diddy's "Fantasy" blast seem like a steal.

There's little doubt that XLV will redline more than a few credit cards before the winning QB plants a wet one on the Lombardi Trophy this year. It is equally predicable that a fair number of cardholders will try to hedge their spending spree with a wager or two on the big game -- placed on their card, of course.
SBNation.com reports that MGM has already accepted a $1 million bet on the Packers. Win or lose, that's one cheesehead that's likely to stand alone!
With this gridiron classic too close to call -- Las Vegas odds makers favor Green Bay by 3 -- many soon-to-be super-debtors are hoping to hit on "prop bets" to prop up their finances. A "prop bet," or proposition bet, is a bet made on a proposition or outcome.
XLV's most intriguing prop bets?

* Coin toss: heads or tails?
* Which team will win the toss? Unexplainably, the NFC has won 12 straight Super Bowl coin flips. Will the Packers extend the streak?
* How long will it take Christina Aguilera to sing the national anthem? Over/under 1:50 minutes.
* How long will she hold the word "brave?" Over/under 6 seconds.
* Will her hair be any color other than blond?
* Will she wear a cowboy hat?
* How many times will controversial former Packers quarterback Brett Favre be mentioned? Over/under 2.5
* How many times will the word "lockout" be mentioned? (Why "lockout"? Owners have mentioned that they will likely lock players out in the offseason as the two sides continue contentious labor negotiations. Some believe that the lockout could continue for months, even putting next season in peril.) Over/under 1.5
* What color Gatorade will be dumped on the winning head coach? According to Pregame.com, a $100 bet returns $150 for yellow, $300 for clear or orange, $400 for red, $500 for lime green and $1,500 for blue.

Whoever emerges victorious, whether on the field, the advertising response or the tote boards, the only guaranteed winner of Super Bowl XLV will be the Dallas metroplex, which stands to rake in a record $202 million, according to a PricewaterhouseCoopers estimate.
Not bad for a week's work.

Just a few of the plethora of parties happening this past weekend:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 02-07-11 at 08:16 AM..
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 08:21 AM   #2
Lil4X
Out of Warranty
Trader Score: (0)

With the cheapest seat in the house running over $1,300 up in the nosebleed section and the most expensive some fifty times that down in the field boxes, you would still be watching most of the plays on the jumbotron. I can do that at home and save the cost of tickets, parking, travel, and hotel. Plus, I can raid my own refrigerator.

It's obvious, even with stadia holding 100,000 warm (or in more northerly climes, cold) bodies, Super Bowls, and you might say the NFL regular season too, have priced themselves out of the range of the fans. Most tickets today are purchased by corporations who hand them out to execs, customers, and prized clients. The real fans weren't in the stands, they were at home watching the game on TV.
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 01:38 PM   #3
MrMut
Lexus Test Driver

In my opinion, the best seat is my couch and the best food is my BBQ Let the ballas spend crazy amounts of cash on this stuff.
MrMut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 01:52 PM   #4
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

myparkwayauto Azar04 instagramp0lice

Over-Priced. Just plain stupidity.

2002 Crystal White GS300 **SOLD** & 2007 Starfire Pearl White IS250 AWD (Wifey's) - Black Roof Club Member(s)
L3XOTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 01:57 PM   #5
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMut View Post
In my opinion, the best seat is my couch and the best food is my BBQ Let the ballas spend crazy amounts of cash on this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XOTIC View Post
Over-Priced. Just plain stupidity.
agreed, plus can you imagine going thru all this crap to get a ticket and then BE TURNED AWAY!!!
Old 02-07-11, 02:30 PM   #6
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil4X View Post
The real fans weren't in the stands, they were at home watching the game on TV.
i don't agree... saw thousands of rabid cheese heads and steeler fans there living out a lifetime dream. sure tons of those tickets would have been corporate bought, but that doesn't mean the people there weren't 'real' fans, just perhaps not well off enough to pay those kind of prices.

i have ZERO problem with charging what the market will bear! stadium was full, everyone had an awesome time, dallas/tx made out great, tv made out great, some of the ads were terrible (and some great) so winners and losers there, just like on the field!

and of course, if you don't like the prices, or can't get a ticket from someone else, then you're free not to go!
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 02:59 PM   #7
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
i don't agree... saw thousands of rabid cheese heads and steeler fans there living out a lifetime dream. sure tons of those tickets would have been corporate bought, but that doesn't mean the people there weren't 'real' fans, just perhaps not well off enough to pay those kind of prices.

i have ZERO problem with charging what the market will bear! stadium was full, everyone had an awesome time, dallas/tx made out great, tv made out great, some of the ads were terrible (and some great) so winners and losers there, just like on the field!

and of course, if you don't like the prices, or can't get a ticket from someone else, then you're free not to go!
What this bright & intelligent man said!

Plus... I made some nice chips from said over-priced events.
Old 02-07-11, 03:19 PM   #8
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

There's nothing wrong with raising the price of tickets - so long as someone's still crazy enough to buy them. It produces a lot of income for the local economy while funding a few of the millionaire/players . . . speaking of whom, with the off-season's salary negotiations coming up, there may be significantly fewer. Somewhere there has to be a limit, but evidently we haven't found it yet.

At some point, no matter how much we enjoy watching, it's still only a game.
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 09:49 PM   #9
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Plus... I made some nice chips from said over-priced events.
I still reminisce about the game we had here a few years ago and all of the parties. Thankfully, I didn't have to shell out a dime, as I was well taken care of by several people. I also managed to create and dissolve a nice little LLC in the process. It's astounding what people will pay to have a car service w/security tote them (or their spouse/mistress/girlfriend/husband/boytoy) around. Our overpriced events here afforded me the opportunity, and I took it! And I still watched the game on TV - but not mine.

Big Mack

To my fallen brethren, you are not forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are not forgiven.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 04:17 AM   #10
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

jerry jones fail! trying to break the attendance record and he couldnt even have the stadium set up in time. 600+ people with legitimate tickets werent allowed in once they got to the stadium. at least the nfl is stepping up and taking care of him.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 06:56 AM   #11
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
jerry jones fail! trying to break the attendance record and he couldnt even have the stadium set up in time. 600+ people with legitimate tickets werent allowed in once they got to the stadium. at least the nfl is stepping up and taking care of him.

For once, it's not his mistake. The NFL is in charge of Superbowl activities, not Jerry. He's basically a spectator that weekend.

That's why the NFL is reimbursing the fans directly.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 07:08 AM   #12
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
For once, it's not his mistake. The NFL is in charge of Superbowl activities, not Jerry. He's basically a spectator that weekend.

That's why the NFL is reimbursing the fans directly.
id have to disagree. he tried to set a record and didnt realize that doing so was a safety issue with that many people. he may not be fully at fault but hes part of it. glad to see the nfl is stepping up though and offering 3x face value plus tickets to the next super bowl

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 07:34 AM   #13
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
id have to disagree. he tried to set a record and didnt realize that doing so was a safety issue with that many people. he may not be fully at fault but hes part of it. glad to see the nfl is stepping up though and offering 3x face value plus tickets to the next super bowl
Here you go:

Quote:
DALLAS - The 400 fans who had tickets, but no seats, to Super Bowl XLV have been invited to attend next year's Super Bowl in Indianapolis as "guests of the NFL."

Presumably this time they'll even have a place to sit.

That offer was made Monday by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, one day after the Super Bowl seat fiasco cast a shadow over the NFL's biggest game. As some of the displaced fans began threatening lawsuits, Goodell promised a "thorough review" to investigate what he said "was obviously a failure."

The league also failed to adequately explain why approximately 1,250 seats weren't fully installed by game time, and why the NFL scrambled to make other arrangements when they knew there might be a seating issue earlier in the week.

"Well, we're going to do a thorough review of that," Goodell said Monday at the annual Super Bowl MVP press conference. "We don't have all the answers for that, but it was obviously a failure on our end and we have to take responsibility for that."

According to Eric Grubman, the NFL's executive vice president of business ventures, the league first realized it might have a problem a few days before Super Bowl XLV, when they discovered several sections of temporary seating hadn't been completed even though they had been preparing Cowboys Stadium in Arlington since Jan. 8, one day after the Cotton Bowl was played there.

Grubman said the NFL felt it had "a very good shot" to get the work done by the time the gates opened.

But they were wrong and when fans entered Cowboys Stadium - already angered by long waits caused by entrances that were closed due to possible falling ice - many of the temporary sections were still closed. Eventually some opened up after the affected fans were confined to a "Party Plaza" area and given little information.

Six sections never opened, though. So the NFL, according to a league source, began taking tickets away from family and friends of league employees so they could reseat those affected. With the help of Cowboys employees, who were asked to return their tickets, the NFL eventually was able to seat approximately 850 of the displaced fans.

The remaining 400 were taken to a field-level club behind the Steelers bench where they were told they could watch the game on TV or roam the stadium and watch from a crowded platform overlooking the field. They were also invited on to the field after the game and told they'd be refunded triple the face value of their tickets - $2,400.

Then, Monday morning, they learned they'd be "guests" of the NFL at Super Bowl XLVI as well.

That's not likely to stop all of the expected lawsuits, especially since the NFL's explanation remains sketchy.

Grubman also said the problem wasn't caused by the overreaching of the NFL and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who desperately wanted to set a Super Bowl attendance record with the first championship game in his 2-year-old, $1.3 billion palace. The record is 103,985 set at Super Bowl XIV at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Super Bowl XLV had a paid attendance of 91,060, though the NFL also included 12,159 "credentialed" people to bring the number to 103,219 - still 766 short.

"The attendance record was not the goal," Grubman insisted.

"We apologize to the fans that were affected by this," Goodell added. "We are going to do better in the future. We'll certainly do a thorough review and get to the bottom of why it all occurred."
Jones asked for it and wanted the record but it's a request, not his doing solely. The NFL makes the money off Super Bowl weekend and then it's spread back through the owners through revenue sharing.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 07:56 AM   #14
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
NEGATIVE!

More Dallas Cowboys hate AND hijacking of this thread.
The NFL ultimately is to blame for the success and failure of all Superbowls.... Period! The city and stadium are merely location for the event. I have seen the exhausting reports on local news and it is very apparent thst the NFL was being greedy and pompous in this attempt. Naturally Jerry name is included, but he did not call the shots.

Carry on.
Old 02-08-11, 08:00 AM   #15
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

And on the subject... The NFL is not doing enough! I saw a story of one fan who paid $9k out of pocket and was not allowed in. The league needs to compensate on case by case basis. I am sure these folks can produce docs on individual spending.
They will offer more... Watch.
Old 02-08-11, 08:00 AM

Tags
745, bmw, bowl, bright, club, cost, dallas, dfw, expensive, green, house, nosebleed, photos, super, superbowl, tickets, xlv