Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

How Much It Would've Cost You For The SUPERBOWL XLV Experience In DALLAS 2011?

Old 02-08-11, 09:02 AM   #16
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

re·dun·dant adj \ri-ˈdən-dənt\

1a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : superfluous b : characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary c : characterized by similarity or repetition <a group of particularly redundant brick buildings>

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 09:36 AM   #17
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
NEGATIVE!

More Dallas Cowboys hate AND hijacking of this thread.
The NFL ultimately is to blame for the success and failure of all Superbowls.... Period! The city and stadium are merely location for the event. I have seen the exhausting reports on local news and it is very apparent thst the NFL was being greedy and pompous in this attempt. Naturally Jerry name is included, but he did not call the shots.

Carry on.
lol hijacking? is this thread not about attending the superbowl? maybe im mistaken. its ok i love hearing your 2 cents on everything.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 11:31 AM   #18
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE

All I'm saying is, didn't want this to be a "Dallas/Jones" bashing thread. Simply a "what it cost folks" thread.
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-11, 01:33 PM   #19
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
All I'm saying is, didn't want this to be a "Dallas/Jones" bashing thread. Simply a "what it cost folks" thread.
Who cares? It was a valid question and I defended that MORONIC FOOTBALL TEAM KILLING WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO TEXAS (BESIDES TEXAS) JERRY JONES already.

lol here's an assignment for ya. Lock the thread right now before I come up with one more negative adjective about Jerry Jones....

LMAO, the fact that you think because you start 1,203,931 threads daily about the most mundane crap to EVAR exist that you 'own' the thread is absofrigginlutely hilarious.

Lets not act like it was all peaches and cream last week.

Quote:
DALLAS - It was here in Dallas last May that NFL owners voted on the fourth ballot to give New York the Super Bowl in 2014. And it was here in Dallas in the last eight days that New York learned how not to run a Super Bowl when its turn comes up in three years.

New York and New Jersey will do better, no doubt. Dallas set the bar low and New York will have no problem jumping over it.

"I am confident we are going to put on an exceptional Super Bowl," Mark Lamping, the CEO of the New Meadowlands Stadium, said Monday on his way out of Dallas after spending four days here.

It doesn't get much worse than North Texas being unprepared for the ice and snow that hit early last week. The roads were turned into a slip and slide amusement park and chunks of ice fell off the roof of Jerry Jones' $1.2 billion palace in Arlington on Friday, sending six people to the hospital. Maybe it's a good thing the Meadowlands doesn't have a retractable roof like Jerry World. It will be cold, but there is no roof for the ice to slip off.

Game day for Super Bowl XLV was chaos. All of the ice was not removed by Sunday, so four of the 10 gates were closed. I spoke with one fan who said it took him 90 minutes to get into the stadium once he took his place in line.

But that was better than the 1,250 fans who got caught up in Seatgate, holding tickets to seats in temporary sections that were not safe.

The NFL added 15,000 seats for the Super Bowl. If all worked according to plan, it would have broken the Super Bowl attendance record. And, at the minimum of $800 per ticket, it represented $12 million in revenue.

The problem was that six temporary sections, representing 1,250 seats, were not completed in time and represented a safety hazard. The NFL was able to relocate 850 of those fans.

The other 400 had the option to watch on television from a club behind the Steelers' bench or watch from a standing room area. They will be refunded at three times the $800 face value and Roger Goodell invited them, as the NFL's guest, to attend next year's Super Bowl.

That is hardly a consolation prize for fans who spent a lot of money on travel. And what if they are Packers or Steelers fans and those teams don't make it to Indianapolis next year?

Fans who buy tickets for Super Bowl XLVIII at the Meadowlands will have a place to sit.

"Our plan doesn't offer any modification of the seating," Lamping told the Daily News by phone as he waited for his flight at DFW Airport. "We will probably have fewer seats than we normally have because some will be converted for media use. The only modification we are making to the building is to make it more comfortable for cold weather. Drapings will be done in the concourses to keep the heat in the concourses a little better than it typically does."

"Our approach is we are assuming we are going to have bad weather," Lamping said. "Our plans are built accordingly. It will be a surprise for us if we don't have bad weather. We will have a plan in place with whatever comes our way."

The New York Super Bowl is three years away. The Big Apple will do better than Big D. (don't we always?)

2011 - RX450h
Old 02-08-11, 02:48 PM   #20
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
understood and i agree that some of the prices these people pay are crazy. i dont think i would ever drop that kind of money just for a game.

20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
Old 02-08-11, 03:38 PM   #21
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
understood and i agree that some of the prices these people pay are crazy. i dont think i would ever drop that kind of money just for a game.
I will in 2014 Already putting it in the budget. Even better if one of the NY teams are participating.

Only the Eagles showing up could make me give up this dream.

2011 - RX450h
Old 02-09-11, 05:03 AM   #22
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
I will in 2014 Already putting it in the budget. Even better if one of the NY teams are participating.

Only the Eagles showing up could make me give up this dream.
dont worry i think your safe

Old 02-09-11, 06:08 AM   #23
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
dont worry i think your safe

lol, once in a lifetime was good enough for me. (saw them in Jacksonville against NE), have some pics that you'd probably like to see from a pre-game event...

2011 - RX450h
Old 02-09-11, 06:08 AM

Tags
745, bmw, bowl, bright, club, cost, dallas, dfw, expensive, green, house, nosebleed, photos, super, superbowl, tickets, xlv