★★★★★ The Official Futbol/Soccer Thread ★★★★★

Old 11-24-10, 07:45 PM   #1
MashinA
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)

PetarDimitrov
Send a message via Skype™ to MashinA
Default ★★★★★ The Official Futbol/Soccer Thread ★★★★★

Post all soccer related info and discussions here!
Some helpful links
http://www.livescore.com
http://www.footytube.com/
http://www.premierleague.com -
http://www.lfp.es
http://www.lega-calcio.it/it.page
http://www.bundesliga.de/en/
http://www.mlssoccer.com/
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/index.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
MashinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 07:47 PM   #2
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

with that said i think im gonna start off the discussion with the fact that i think ManU will win the EPL this year! Or atleast i hope so!!
Old 11-29-10, 11:48 PM   #3
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

http://www.footytube.com/video/manch...rs-nov27-65875

my boy Berbatov reppin for Bulgaria with 5 goals!!! w00t go man u!
Old 12-16-10, 01:09 PM   #4
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

El Clasico was a disgrace i really hope next match between Real Madrid and Barca will be a classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJJYOgFEUdw

Last edited by Joey-E; 12-16-10 at 02:01 PM..
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-10, 08:32 AM   #5
GS wanted
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to GS wanted

^ ^ El Clasico was a basic classic @$$-whoopin that Barca inflicted on Real Madrid (again.)

My Arsenal drew Barca again in the Champions League round of 16. I just want to see Barca get all their goal-scoring out of the way so they have a tough drought when they meet Arsenal in the Champions League. It's going to take two near-perfect games to beat Barca. Anything can happen but recent history is definitely not on our side.

It's the crest on the chest not the name on the back.
RIP RvP
GS wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 11:58 PM   #6
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS wanted View Post
^ ^ El Clasico was a basic classic @$$-whoopin that Barca inflicted on Real Madrid (again.).
Haha we have to wait till next year in April for the next El Clasico at the Bernabeu should be a good one. Barca is stacked with talent and style of play is awesome, Real is just as good and only getting better in my opinion. Just cant seem to win against rivals Barca past 2 years, Well it was their 1st match against Barca under Jose in Camp Nou, but there is no excuse if they are just as good should put up a better fight that night....we'll see how the next Clasico match is on home field

Last edited by Joey-E; 12-22-10 at 12:38 AM..
Joey-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-10, 12:07 AM   #7
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
Haha we have to wait till next year in April for the next El Clasico at the Bernabeu should be a good one. Barca is stacked with talent and style of play is awesome, Real is just as good and only getting better in my opinion. Just cant seem to win against rivals Barca past 2 years, Well it was their 1st match against Barca under Jose in Camp Nou, but there is no excuse if they are just as good should put up a better fight that night....we'll see how the next Clasico match is on home field
I agree that Real Madrid have an abundance of talent but they are not as good a team as Barca yet. Real still play a lot of time as if they are 11 talented individuals playing together. With that, their timing seems a bit off, the communication is sometimes lacking, and they can be exposed against by a well organized, disciplined machine of a team like Barcelona. I admire the way Barca play as a cohesive unit because so much of what they do is instinctual and second nature. The flow of their movement on and off the ball, the passing, dominant possession, individual skill to get out of tight spaces, willingness to defend from the front line, working hard for each other etc., etc., etc. They're just complete.
Real Madrid aren't quite there yet because they haven't had that same time to gel under their belt. Injuries to Higuain and Kaka have allowed other guys to step in but that also means getting used to new players (Benzema, Ozil). Also, since Mourinho is new he hasn't quite put his stamp on the team just yet but you know it's coming. Next season will be the better test for them. They are definitely a top club and man for man they're as talented as it gets but they're still two steps behind Barca IMO.
If/when they meet in the Copa Del Rey I expect the real Real Madrid to show up and make amends for that a$$ whoopin Barca gave them. And, aside from all this la liga talk Barca need to fall into a bad spell so they play poorly against my Arsenal.

RIP RvP
Old 12-26-10, 08:32 PM   #8
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Arsenal v. Chelsea tomorrow. A big London derby match but Chelsea have the distinct advantage in recent years. If Arsenal are serious contenders for the league title we need to win this game and put our destiny more in our own hands rather than relying on the others to mess up and lose games. We've already lost to Man U and Chelsea away so now the home fixtures are even more important.
Come on Arsenal!

RIP RvP
Old 12-27-10, 03:13 PM   #9
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

HUGE win for The Arsenal!!!!!!!! Still some nervy moments defensively but a good, solid victory nonetheless. Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1.
Alex Song and Theo Walcott were Men of the Match for me.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=293098&cc=5901

RIP RvP
Old 12-28-10, 09:54 AM   #10
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

lol i saw the game, very well played Arsenal, but Chelsea was unrecognizable...i guess Arsenal will be the real thread for my red devils this season :>
Old 12-28-10, 08:45 PM   #11
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

I was at the game a couple years ago when Nasri scored twice to beat Man U at The Emirates. With the season he's having now I'd l-o-v-e to see him do it again to you guys. ha ha
This is a very weird season to see teams at the top of the table with 4 and 5 losses thus far and Man U on top with 8 draws. Whichever team(s) go on a nice winning streak will pull away from the rest of the pack. I'd love to see Arsenal be that team and use the Chelsea win as a catalyst for the rest of the season. But with so many league games left along with the FA Cup, Carling Cup, and Champions League anything can happen.

RIP RvP
Old 02-05-11, 11:49 AM   #12
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

man did u see the arsenal newcastle game....interesting to say the least!
Old 02-07-11, 08:45 AM   #13
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

That was an epic melt down on Arsenal's part with the help of some terrible officiating. That second PK was as soft as cotton ***** or melted butter. Regardless, there's NO WAY a team up 4-nil going into half time should lose total control of the game and end up with a draw. But, leave it to Arsenal to find a way. Their defensive frailties were exposed again. Joey Barton deserved to be sent off himself (should have been a yellow for the challenge on Diaby and another yellow for his scuffle with Szczesny) but credit to Newcastle for grinding out a point.
Equally, if not more surprising, was Man U's loss to Wolves. I'm glad The Invincibles record will stay in tact for now. (Wasn't a complete lost weekend for Arsenal. ha ha)
Liverpool beating Chelsea was a surprise as well.

RIP RvP
Old 02-09-11, 07:34 PM   #14
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

yea manu game...what a shame....and what about torres' signing to chelsea...what the hell...
Old 02-10-11, 04:50 PM   #15
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Money talks and L'pool has dropped in status. Torres was in a win-win situation; earn a lot more money, get to play in the Champions League, partner with one of the strongest strikers in the game (Drogba) on a team that is well suited for Europe.
I thought he'd have some loyalty but I'm not surprised he left. You have to remember he was a Rafa Benitez signing so when Rafa left and the Chelsea speculation starting again it was seeming more and more likely. Question is will Reina stay or go?

RIP RvP
Old 02-10-11, 04:50 PM