Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

★★★★★ The Official Futbol/Soccer Thread ★★★★★

Old 08-13-11, 02:29 PM   #61
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Yeah even tho it was a friendly the coach made a pretty good impression in his new US debut, players also looked like they gel better they can easily build off this draw and like you said better then loosing.... we shall see how this goes....

Anywaya..... looks like Vela and Fabregas are leaving Arsenal to play in Espana!!!

Fabregas going to Barca!! Another pick up for Barca... team is almost a duplicate of Espanas national team dang....
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 08-18-11, 05:10 PM   #62
GS wanted
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to GS wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
Yeah even tho it was a friendly the coach made a pretty good impression in his new US debut, players also looked like they gel better they can easily build off this draw and like you said better then loosing.... we shall see how this goes....

Anywaya..... looks like Vela and Fabregas are leaving Arsenal to play in Espana!!!

Fabregas going to Barca!! Another pick up for Barca... team is almost a duplicate of Espanas national team dang....
I feel a little bad for Vela that he isn't ever really given a consistent run in the team. For me, they should sell him if they're not going to use him. He's gone on loan practically every year he's been on the squad. First, for work permit issues and now just because he doesn't seem to warrant a starting role or squad role. If this current loan extends beyond December they should give the Spanish club the option to buy or sell him outright.

As for Cesc, that transfer was in the making last summer. It took too long to happen but everyone knew it was going to happen. It's done, both parties move on, he gets his dream move back home and Arsenal get a decent fee in return. But, to be honest, Cesc didn't do Arsenal any favors by making it clear he ONLY wanted to go to Barca. A bidding war could have seen Arsenal get more money for him but so be it.

Now Nasri is next to leave and to Man City of all teams. They've taken Kolo Toure, Adebayor, Gael Clichy, (had Vieira as well), and now Samir Nasri will go there since Man City are rumored to double his wages. They're spending a mint on players just like Real Madrid and Chelsea have in the past.

Arsenal have A LOT of money to spend but have yet to bring in any big names which is a little disappointing. We'll see what happens. We need replacements though, that is for sure.

It's the crest on the chest not the name on the back.
RIP RvP
GS wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 12:59 PM   #63
MashinA
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)

PetarDimitrov
Send a message via Skype™ to MashinA

maaan this season is crazy!!! my boys at man utd arent doing too hot tho
MashinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 02:36 PM   #64
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinA View Post
maaan this season is crazy!!! my boys at man utd arent doing too hot tho
That Champions League exit was a shocker but they're still in the title hunt for the league. Two points behind City isn't a bad place to be in. City will need to drop points sooner or later and the time for them to do it may just be when the Toure brothers are away at the African Cup of Nations tourney.

RIP RvP
Old 04-11-12, 12:35 PM   #65
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-12, 03:21 PM   #66
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinA View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ha ha...I told you City would drop points. With all the money they've spent on top-level players they're an incredible team on paper but there are clearly some REAL issues there. Tevez and Balotelli are prime example of immensely talented players who can turn around a game at any opportunity but true loose cannon nutcases otherwise.

Man U, on the other hand, are generally consistently good. Yesterday's loss was a shocker but it's actually a credit to the league and exciting to viewers when upsets like that happen. I still think it's Man U's title to lose and they're experienced enough and cohesive enough to complete the task.

As for my Arsenal, we've come a long way from the beginning of the season to where we are now. 3rd place is looking pretty good. 2nd would be GREAT but I don't see City imploding that badly.

Chelsea currently sitting in 6th place is interesting. Again, proof that money can't buy a club success. Then you have a situation where as poor as Liverpool are performing they've won one cup already this season and are in the semis of the FA Cup. It's really a mixed bag this season. Teams are all over the place.

RIP RvP
Old 04-25-12, 07:51 PM   #67
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

I've watched A LOT of soccer in my years and I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like these two Champions League semi-finals. Barcelona knocked off of their throne by a 10-man Chelsea squad, at the Camp Nou no less. To say that Chelsea over-achieved is as much an understatement as saying that Barcelona are finally starting to show their human frailties. Going into this game after having lost to Real Madrid in the Classico and essentially losing out on the La Liga title it was expected that Barca would get everything back on the right track, dispose of Chelsea, and get to another CL final. WRONG! The gods had another plan all together and they put their plan in motion when Messi missed his PK and left the viewing world with their mouths open, stunned. Then, Barca's inability to score against a short-handed side that played a desperately resolute defensive strategy that only the Italians can probably top, Cech's great saves, and Chelsea scoring not one but two goals gave all of the soccer world a shock that we needed.

As if that wasn't enough that game gets topped the following day when Bayern Munich took Real Madrid to task in an equally unexpected fashion at the Bernabeu. Real Madrid went into this game with an away goal so clearly they thought that they would get their needed result at home to reach the final. An early PK decision in their favor easily converted by Cristiano Ronaldo and then another goal from him less than 10 minutes later in the run of play must have had their confidence at the highest level. Ahhhh, but here come those soccer gods again changing the course. Arjen Robben gets a goal to make it 2-1, tied on aggregate and the dynamics were in disarray. Bayern Munich actually really outplayed Real Madrid in stretches. Ribery and Robben made easy work of Madrid's defense and fed Gomez several opportunities to kill the game but he just couldn't get the goal they needed. Well, until the PK's started. Gomez did well to clear his head of the blown opportunities during the game to deposit his PK and give Bayern a 2-0 advantage AFTER C. Ronaldo missed his. Who would have thought that CR7 would miss a critical PK like this one? First Messi yesterday and now CR7 today? The two guys touted as being the world's best players BOTH miss PKs? Then Kaka misses his, two? That's 3 World Player of the Year recipients missing their penalty kicks in crucial situations!
These semi-final matches had all the drama you could imagine. As quirky as soccer can be at times with it's away goal rules and aggregate scores over two legs, no goal line technology instituted, discretionary extra time, controversial offside decisions, and whatever other factors that detractors point to in discrediting this game these semis gave fans everything they could imagine and more. The tale of the underdog, unimaginable surprises, heroes humbled and villains vilified. Thanks to Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Real Madrid for giving the world all facets of the beautiful game. Congratulations to Chelsea and Bayern for reaching the final.
Good luck to Bayern!!!!

RIP RvP
Old 05-01-12, 09:39 AM   #68
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

^^^haha well written my friend. these semifinals were undoubtedly some of the most entertaining ones ive ever watched! Im not really a fan of any of those 4 teams, but im happy about the outcome. On the other hand Man Utd had to go and play that horrendous game yesterday and lose to City and probably lose the f****g title...
Old 05-01-12, 02:43 PM   #69
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Man U definitely were not in their normal form yesterday. They were terrible and it's VERY rare that you don't see them turn up for the BIG games. I couldn't believe how City were able to control the game and how many chances they were able to create while Man U looked out of sorts for large segments of the game. I'm not a fan of either team (obviously..ha ha) but I'd prefer to see Man U win it over Man City. City have taken too many Arsenal players in recent years. Vieira joining City's high level ranks was a big blow as he was one of my favorite Arsenal players. Add to that Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Gael Clichy, and Samir Nasri all had important roles to play at Arsenal but all left for City's riches. I don't really blame them but I sure as hell won't support them either. ha ha

RIP RvP
Old 05-14-12, 03:48 AM   #70
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Grudgingly...congrats to Manchester City. Come on Bayern!!! ha ha

RIP RvP
Old 05-19-12, 03:23 PM   #71
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PetarDimitrov

What a final...the gods were on chelseas side this year. And what a way for Drogba to finish his career at the club!
Old 05-20-12, 02:38 AM   #72
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

^ ^ They were DEFINITELY smiling down on Chelsea this year in the CL. Finish 6th in the league but win the CL final. I didn't think they stood a chance. ha ha Bayern were at a HUGE advantage but couldn't get it done. Hard luck for spurs to finish 4th and not get a CL spot. But, who really cares about spurs? HA HA HA

RIP RvP
Old 08-11-12, 06:43 PM   #73
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Congrats to MEXICO beating Brazil and winning Olympic GOLD!
Vamos Mexico!!!
Old 08-13-12, 01:01 PM   #74
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

^ ^ Nice win for Mex. For me, they deserve bragging rights for having a basically domestic squad (I think Dos Santos was the only non-Mexico based player) that beat a pretty stacked Brazil team.
Brazil's squad had players from some top clubs (Real Madrid, AC Milan, Porto, PSG, etc.) based all over Europe and guys like Neymar and Lucas Moura with RIDICULOUS transfer fees associated with them. Brazil really wanted to win the gold with the World Cup heading to Brazil in 2014.

RIP RvP
Old 08-15-12, 02:15 PM   #75
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

I agree! Amazing run for Mexico against the heavily favored Brazilian team.
Old 08-15-12, 02:15 PM

Tags
13, calendar, canales, diosa, france, la, morgan, national, nude, number, photos, shirt, soccer, team, usa, women, womens