Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-10, 07:07 PM   #1
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Post NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread

We had a good pre-season thread, well the season starts tonight! GOod game so far in Boston, Heat came back after a horrid 1st qtr/half.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Old 10-26-10, 07:33 PM   #2
TWong350
Trader Score: (8)

The 'King' showed up tonight, but no one else!
Old 10-26-10, 08:37 PM   #3
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

the Celts got away with a win tonite...the Heat were confused the whole game. Spol's made the biggest mistake by sitting LBJ when he was hot, killed any hope for us. plus not containing Rondo and not knocking down the open shots. those were Miami's keys to winning tonite and they couldnt complete any of them.

Arroyo is garbage, as I've mentioned so many times before. cut him and sign Iverson, it's that serious with him! Spol's better start House from now on and have Chalmers coming off the bench if they have any efforts at a descent PG role.

the big man role was a key factor, as we saw. hoepfully Spol's can put together something for Howard come friday.

we need a few games to get everyone on board...everyone saw how out of sync Wade was due to his injury. we'll come thru and the REAL Miami Heat will show up on Nov 11th to show who is the best team in the east

in the end, Miami probably played it's worst ball tonite and the Celts played close to really good...not exciting if your Celts fan, IMO. should be concerned more than the Heat are right now!

btw, I lost the bet...have to the rock the cry-baby Pierce's jersey till Miami wins ;(

Click the image to open in full size.

PS: Pierce is the best actor in this league, hands down...first his wheel chair stroll to the locker room, then running out like he was some super-hero. then to last years crashing into the seats and "shaking it off". tonite was no better for his acting display, faking the back injury and coming back into the 3rd like nothing happened...truly despise his play, what a punk!

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
Old 10-26-10, 08:41 PM   #4
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

Both teams were off today, but the Celtics had fewer new parts so they operated better. Can't really take much from this game other than the Heat needs to play more together and the Celtics need to stop giving up leads.

Should be a good year though

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Old 10-26-10, 09:09 PM   #5
LexFather

lol at rocking the Jersey.

Celtics looked good but let them back in. As I stated before chemistry is key and they have none. Doesn't help to shoot poorly either.

What was scary was seeing one or two of the 3 on the bench and you still have one on the floor. Damn

Shaq was okay!!

Old 10-26-10, 11:32 PM   #6
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

very rusty starts for most of the teams, but i think celtics still played better ball overall (mostly due to the fact that the core team is the same). heat has quite some work to do, they are all out of sync, so many times they lost track of whereabouts of each other

lakers are also pretty loose, some more to pick up as well
Old 10-26-10, 11:45 PM   #7
bnizzle87
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Brian 08ISF bn1zzle87

lakers turned on the switch, as expected, in the fourth. of all the seasons, this year is a MUST to have the best record in not just the conference but the entire league. east is getting better, and the west has some uncertanties in terms of 2-8 (presuming the lakers grab the top spot). great opening night, although they made it too close for comfort down the stretch, giving up that 8 point lead in the final minutes.

Aerotect | Tom's | Joe Z + Performance Tube Systems | Xenon Depot | AutoCouture | Beat-Sonic | WALD | BC Racing + Swift | Volk Racing | PPE | ?
Old 10-26-10, 11:57 PM   #8
TWong350
Trader Score: (8)

Let's have a poll.

How long till Coach Spoelstra is no longer employed stating "personal reason" and the douchebag Riley takes the helm? I lost total respect for Riley when Van Gundy left for "personal reasons".
Old 10-27-10, 12:05 AM   #9
LexFather

^^^^ lol start a poll!

Houston looked sharp early. Brooks always kills us, Martin and Scola looked good and their bench played well initally.

Lakers bench was tentitive initially except Barnes. They played tons better in the 2nd half, Blakes 2 3s and Shannon's 3s made a huge difference.

Kobe and Pau with quiet big games. Odom did well.

First time I saw Fisher not play at the end of the game!

Old 10-27-10, 05:45 AM   #10
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

HAHAHA loved seeing the Heat lose!
Old 10-27-10, 06:21 AM   #11
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
^^^^ lol start a poll!

Houston looked sharp early. Brooks always kills us, Martin and Scola looked good and their bench played well initally.

Lakers bench was tentitive initially except Barnes. They played tons better in the 2nd half, Blakes 2 3s and Shannon's 3s made a huge difference.

Kobe and Pau with quiet big games. Odom did well.

First time I saw Fisher not play at the end of the game!

Lakers got a good scare...more so, a good wake up call. Blake hit a big shot, can only hope he continues that role and knock down the open shots as there will be plenty oppurtunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
HAHAHA loved seeing the Heat lose!
don't get used to that...I doubt it's going to be a trend, just a minor speed bump. hopefully things smooth out from tonight with the Sixers.

bright side is, at least the Heat now have an actual game that they can reflect and learn off of...not much could be taken from the pre-season matches.

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 10-27-10, 09:17 AM   #12
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
don't get used to that...I doubt it's going to be a trend, just a minor speed bump. hopefully things smooth out from tonight with the Sixers.

bright side is, at least the Heat now have an actual game that they can reflect and learn off of...not much could be taken from the pre-season matches.
true, I believe the Heat will be good...but I'd still like to see an 0-6 start and see them fighting with each other.
Old 10-27-10, 09:20 AM   #13
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
true, I believe the Heat will be good...but I'd still like to see an 0-6 start and see them fighting with each other.
lol...i think everyone who isnt a Heat fan would want the same

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 10-27-10, 09:23 AM   #14
link13
Lexus Champion

Spoelstra will be lucky if he's still at the helm in Miami for the Christmas Day game. Riley is definitely better at managing egos and he's going to need to do that. Spoelstra tried to go to Wade when LeBron was on fire and it killed Miami's chances. Also, trying to post up Bosh down low with his back to the basket was pretty dumb. Anyone who watched Bosh in the past knows he's a face up shooter.

I figured the Lakers would have a tough time with the Rockets. It's good to have more players who can hit big shots that matter. Steve Blake has been hitting those shots for his whole career, but it largely went unnoticed because of where he played.
TLN #13
2014 IS250 F Sport, Ultra White/Rioja Red
1994 Lexus GS300
1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Los Angeles Kings hockey
Old 10-27-10, 09:41 AM   #15
GS wanted
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to GS wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by link13 View Post
I figured the Lakers would have a tough time with the Rockets. It's good to have more players who can hit big shots that matter. Steve Blake has been hitting those shots for his whole career, but it largely went unnoticed because of where he played.
Blake is a very welcomed edition. Brown's game was nice, too. I wasn't too sure how Barnes would fit in but I like his hustle and energy. The Lakers left it late but a win is a win and Houston looked the part.

It's the crest on the chest not the name on the back.
RIP RvP
Old 10-27-10, 09:41 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, allstar, anyways, exception, knicks, kobe, lexus, melo, minn, mvp, nba, photos, star, trade, wanted, we