Closed Thread

Old 10-30-10, 12:13 PM   #31
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

man the magic did so bad last night

oh well, its only the second game of the season hehe

and yes dwight howard making those shots last night made me all giddy
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 10-30-10, 02:38 PM   #32
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

I would'nt worry too much about the Magic this early in the season...theyll be 'alright'.
Old 11-01-10, 08:35 AM   #33
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

think the Heat can go for 3 straight 20+ point wins? next up is the T-Wolves...Beasley's first trip back to Miami.

on a side note: the atmosphere at the AAA was m-azing Friday night for the opener. the intro was good, much different that I expected, pretty much an all business theme (which is not a bad approach)

i'm still in uproar with Arroyo starting...bench him and start House, LBJ runs the PG majority of the game and there is no need for an unreliable Arroyo. He is scared to shoot, afraid to push the ball in transition and CANNOT play defense. I'm waiting for this move by Spol's...

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!

Last edited by baddis es; 11-01-10 at 08:40 AM..
Old 11-08-10, 03:54 PM   #34
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Absolutely ridiculous. They are going to keep pissing off players and players will show them how much power they have. Groups of free agents all aligning themselves to one team so that you end up with 5 Megateams and 25 B level teams.
Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
On Friday night, an upset Stephen Jackson(notes) lashed out at the refs, and was fined $50,000 for his outburst. Exactly the sort of information you're not entirely shocked to read, no?

A defiant Jackson called the punishment undeserved and is considering an appeal.

"Everybody should be shocked-$50,000?" Jackson said. "If you all saw what happened, $50,000, that's a lot of money. But welcome to the life of Stephen Jackson."

Jackson was hit with a technical foul by referee Steve Javie late in the third quarter Friday, complaining he was fouled on a made basket. The fine was for his actions after the Pistons finished off a 97-90 victory.

"After the game, he made inappropriate comments towards the game officials," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said, declining to give further details.

Jackson, though, said officials were "reading his lips," an account seconded by Charlotte coach Larry Brown.

"I walked off the court upset about the outcome of the game," Jackson said. "I guess they had a camera following me all the way to the tunnel and I wasn't even in sight of the referees and read my lips. I guess I can't talk to myself. I got fined for talking to myself
."

The penalty comes as the NBA is cracking down on demonstrative actions by players -- with Jackson providing an example of what the league wants changed.

This is just beyond belief, at this point.

First off, complaining about your job behind your job's figurative back is about as American as pushing your car a few hundred miles beyond the point where it needs an oil change, or locking your car doors on your way to get an oil change should a bum with a cardboard sign approach your car while you wait at a red light. It's our American birthright, and Stephen Jackson is well within his rights to whine and moan about the people that he perceives to have done him wrong.

And to have the NBA employing lip readers, to possibly watch his musings postgame, as he heads to the locker room? With no ref in ear shot? Absolutely ridiculous.

Now, the NBA contends that it has video proof of Jackson going off on the refs as he walked toward the locker room, and while I don't doubt that S-Jax was seething, and yelling, if the refs are nowhere near, what's the point? Who is being hurt by that? And where and how is Jackson hurting the sanctity of the game?

(A game, by the way, you allow to be interrupted by unending TV timeouts, loud music during actual game play, and all manner of canned noise and chants.)

I have no doubt the NBA has the results of all sorts of offseason studies in place, expensive studies, that tell you that NBA "fans" (that really don't watch nor follow the game at all) don't like these big mean men complaining after every call. I'm sure Red State Jed colored in all the boxes well enough to spur David Stern into pushing for this kind of "action."

But what is a fine like this doing to change the league, for the better? You're telling me the sanctity of the game was threatened because Stephen Jackson was possibly caught on a local basic-cable sports channel on a Friday night complaining silently about the refs?

It's an insult, to all involved. And in a league that continues to blow incessant whistles any time someone lets out a yelp after any contact that the yelp'ee slides into, while rewarding flop after flop after flop, it's a pathetic exercise worth getting upset about.

If I had 50,000 Twitter followers, I'd ask all of them to send a dollar to pay for Jackson's fine. I don't have nearly as many, so I guess I'll just have to ask the NBA to read my lips.
Link

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
Old 11-08-10, 08:06 PM   #35
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE

Nice gutsy defensive Win bu Dallas tonight against Eastetn Champ Celtics. We hamdef them thrir second loss on the season. Could be a preview of this seasons Finals...
Old 11-08-10, 08:09 PM   #36
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

^^Ha ha. My fat finger cell phone posting.
Old 11-08-10, 08:17 PM   #37
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Yes it was a good win. Boston was up 5, Dirk hit a layup, Terry a 3, Dirk a two. Boston forgot how to score, Dallas played great D to close the game.

Old 11-08-10, 09:10 PM   #38
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Yes it was a good win. Boston was up 5, Dirk hit a layup, Terry a 3, Dirk a two. Boston forgot how to score, Dallas played great D to close the game.
goes to show...you take away Rondo and Boston's offense suffocates.

very simple game plan to beat BOS, slow down Rondo and you'll win. but given Rondo's speed and play...hard to achieve for 4-qtrs throughout a given game.

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 11-09-10, 07:41 AM   #39
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

No question in watching the Celtics carefully... Rondo is vital. Sure they have solid all stars, but this dude makes the floor much more difficult to defend. He is not a good jump shooter and less than 55% fts. Keep him out of the paint and D him up, Bostons chances subside.
On another note if u guys noticed Mavs roster... Dominique Jones is a fearless rookie PG. Like this guy alot. And Tyson Chandler looked damn good with several dishes to him for dunks and layups and he was grabbing boards well. So happy to have him and not Dampqweer.
Old 11-09-10, 09:00 PM   #40
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

LMFAO at the Heat. I was out, saw Miami spanking the Jazz...leave..get home, Jazz down 5 and Millsap hits the 3s and the tip in...

Heat lose in O.T. HAHHAAHHAHAHA

Old 11-10-10, 03:56 AM   #41
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

i was at the game...plenty excitement (especially after a 20-pt lead), Millsap was UNSTOPPABLE. how many PF's do you know that will start draining 3's like he did!?! mind you, Millsap has a worst 3pt % than BEN WALLACE...talk about getting lucky at the right time!!! pure madness!!!

like another forum stated, even in a video game...you won't get Millsap to hit 3-3pts in a row, it's surreal!!

it was a tough loss, Heat shut down in the 4th and the Jazz just exploded on them (42pts!). plus having DWill foul out and letting the Jazz still win was more frustrating to accept.

Arroyo was lost as usual last nite, hampering the team. he gets the ball with wide open shots and awaits the defender. gets a first step on the defender with a shot at driving to the lane and pulls back. he plays like middle school kids, GARBAGE!!!

Bosh showed some inside presence (offensively)...hopefully he continues that trend. Wade had a great game, LBJ with a triple double. PG spot still needs sorting, PG, specifically Arroyo, is killing us. you can see LBJ and Wade trying to avoid passing to him because they can't rely on anything he's attempting...he's playing scared, BENCH HIM and bring in Chalmers or House already.

next up, BOS...let's see how this goes. stop Rondo, and you'll win...that simple.

Hoi-Pong Customs

Last edited by baddis es; 11-10-10 at 05:32 AM..
Old 11-10-10, 05:57 AM   #42
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

all I can say about the Heat/Jazz game last night is......

LOL @ the Heat!!!!

I loved it!!!
Old 11-10-10, 07:01 AM   #43
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

That 4th qtr and OT was quite alarming.... It was if Miami D simply collapsed.
What about Pacers blowing up Denver???? Damn!!!! 144 to 114.
Old 11-10-10, 07:36 AM   #44
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
That 4th qtr and OT was quite alarming.... It was if Miami D simply collapsed.
What about Pacers blowing up Denver???? Damn!!!! 144 to 114.
definitely the factor for the loss to the Jazz, the D was missing in the 4th!

I wouldn’t be to concerned over it though, at least not yet. to date Miami’s D has been pretty good (maybe the best in the league), and last night was the first time they allowed over 100pts and I think the first time someone scored 30+ pts. it’s up to the Heat to regroup and fix what went wrong last nite. if it continues, then there needs to be serious adjustments/strategies made.

IMO, if by the end of November, the Heat haven’t sorted out themselves…then I think it would be valid to start with the “concerns” talk. they are playing ok right now, just not up to the standards they’re known to do. 8-games done and they are 5-3, which only 3-games out from being in 1st place in the league and 1.5 games in the East only. season is still young…

yeah, that was complete torture for the Nuggets and gives me no hope in seeing them put up a good fight against the Lakers tomorrow. if I don’t see something worth watching by the end of the first qtr in that game, it’ll be an early night for me.

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 11-10-10, 07:51 AM   #45
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

I hear ya bro. I was looking forward to a team making it a game with LA but then again they are seriously undermanned: no Birdman, Martin or their starting center.
Old 11-10-10, 07:51 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, allstar, anyways, exception, knicks, kobe, lexus, melo, minn, mvp, nba, photos, star, trade, wanted, we