Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lakers 10-11 We Will 3-Peat Official Thread (edit: SMH, we will be back like Arnold)

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-11, 08:50 AM   #736
link13
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

I am not a big fan of Adelman, but some guys I talk hoops with on another internets are making it sound like it's not such a bad idea.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TLN #13
2014 IS250 F Sport, Ultra White/Rioja Red
1994 Lexus GS300
1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S
Los Angeles Kings hockey
Old 05-13-11, 04:47 PM   #737
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
By Tom Weir, USA TODAY
During last night's broadcast of Chicago's playoff clincher the ESPN crew said reports are circulating that Rick Adelman is under serious consideration as the Lakers' next coach.
On Friday, ESPN reported that Mike Dunleavy was contacted by the team this week and is on the team's "short list."

If the Lakers do indeed opt for the 20-season coaching veteran who's made two trips to the NBA Finals and has a career .605 winning percentage where does that leave Brian Shaw?
Shaw, an assistant under Phil Jackson since 2004, had widely been considered the heir apparent in LA to the Zen Master. Biggest factor in that thinking perhaps is that Shaw has Kobe Bryant's endorsement.

But another sign that the Lakers aren't ready to hand the franchise over to someone with no head coaching experience is that Shaw has been granted permission to talk to the Golden State Warriors about their vacant job, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Shaw seemingly would be a popular fit with the Warriors. He grew up in Oakland and played for Bishop O'Dowd's very successful prep program before spending two seasons at nearby St. Mary's in college.

The Times says Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak confirmed that another assistant, Chuck Person, also has permission to interview with Golden State.

Adelman and the Houston Rockets mutually agreed to part ways at the end of the regular season.
Not happy at all of Dunleavy being on the short list as the next coach. Adelman and Shaw are my top choices right now of course wouldnt mind the Zen to come back with LA
Old 05-13-11, 05:22 PM   #738
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPRA7TT View Post
Ur right I hate the Lakers and Kobe , a bunch of sore losers and got what they needed , You can't win them all , lose with grace
Yeah you and millions of others HATE on the lakers its ok tho we love it just make those future championships much sweeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
WHAT! next SEASON, what kind of Lakers fan are you, I figured you guys would start the next 3-peat thread by now
LOL! haahaha hey we will be back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI187IXI View Post
i heard on sports center this morning they may try to go after Doc Rivers
Yeah can count him out tho guy signed a supposedly 5 year deal with Boston… in a way happy bout that would of been weird cheering for him

Last edited by Joey-E; 05-13-11 at 05:29 PM..
Old 05-13-11, 10:55 PM   #739
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey-E View Post
We should make a 2011-2012 Lakers title run thread...its never too early to start talking about next season

Since the greatest coach in NBA history Phil Jackson is retiring rumors are starting to develop on who will be the next Lakers head coach. One rumor is that the Lakers are considering veteran coach Rick Adelman as possibly being the Lakers next head coach, i think this is a great idea given he is one of Philís rivals, strong on defense and has a similar coaching style to that of the triangle. He has proven to be a championship contender and has the experience. Just imagine where this guy would be if Phil wasnít in the picture. As much as i think Brian Shaw will be the next head coach and deserves a shot i donít think its a bad idea to mention Adelman as a candidate.....Thoughts???
Start the thread and I'll close this one. GO LAKERS!!!

Old 05-14-11, 01:37 AM   #740
Joey-E
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Start the thread and I'll close this one. GO LAKERS!!!
Done! Lets Go Lakers!
Old 05-15-11, 01:49 PM   #741
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Cool. Great season, just didn't end up like we all wanted.

New thread!
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-...un-thread.html

Old 05-15-11, 01:49 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
3peat, 6, 630pm, 92boxrecap, 95, club, clublexus, dal, fs, gm, heat, lakers, lexus, mia, peat, video, west