Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lakers 10-11 We Will 3-Peat Official Thread (edit: SMH, we will be back like Arnold)

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-10, 06:56 AM   #46
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

^^^ Sorry but sell that SOB story to someone else. LeTVannouncement couldn't do it, he choked he is not clutch he is no Kobe. He bailed on Cleveland. People need to stop acting like Cleveland wasn't stacked, they had a GREAT TEAM that simply never won it all.

Did people forget they did get to the Finals vs the Spurs AND GOT SWEPT? They never got BACK to the Finals. So don't tell me that they didn't have a good team. Lebron failed them.

All I know is this is a Lakers thread.

Lakers-16 championships
Cleveland-cough cough
Miami-1
Toronto-cough cough lol

Miami hasn't proven ****. As a Yankees fan I know a stacked team does not equate to championships.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Old 10-21-10, 09:58 AM   #47
onihc
I heart Honda
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddis es View Post
follow KB??? seriously…lmao

during KB’s 2-years when he couldn’t win or take his team anywhere, what did he do…cried for a trade to Chicago. no one followed KB to LA, what big free agent signings did they have?

the reason the Lakers got Gasol was because KB threatened to leave…if KB hadn’t offered himself up to the trading block, the Gasol deal would of never been completed. it was smart of the Lakers front office to complete the deal… but don’t kid yourself thinking flocks of stars wanted to be around KB…lol
ron artest, fisher, barnes, fisher, granted they are not big names with endorsements, but they took less money to play with kobe. every million these guys leave on the table, hurts them. lamar chose to re-sign to play with kobe.

would you trade kwame for gasol? anyone would have. it was gasol demanding a trade and the lakers stepped in.

so what stars flocked to cleveland? oh yeah, lebron split because he couldn't recruit any big name stars. bosh and wade could have signed with the cavs, but wade signed first and said follow me guys. if lebron was such a leader, he could have signed first with the cavs and let bosh and wade follow him to the cavs.

1996 Specialized Hardrock Ultra SS 53x20
2011 Raleigh Record Ace Ultegra
2011 Fuji Nevada full rigid
2014 Angels baseball
Old 10-21-10, 10:33 AM   #48
LexFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihc View Post
ron artest, fisher, barnes, fisher, granted they are not big names with endorsements, but they took less money to play with kobe. every million these guys leave on the table, hurts them. lamar chose to re-sign to play with kobe.

would you trade kwame for gasol? anyone would have. it was gasol demanding a trade and the lakers stepped in.

so what stars flocked to cleveland? oh yeah, lebron split because he couldn't recruit any big name stars. bosh and wade could have signed with the cavs, but wade signed first and said follow me guys. if lebron was such a leader, he could have signed first with the cavs and let bosh and wade follow him to the cavs.
Great points!
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-21-10, 01:46 PM   #49
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
^^^ Sorry but sell that SOB story to someone else. LeTVannouncement couldn't do it, he choked he is not clutch he is no Kobe. He bailed on Cleveland. People need to stop acting like Cleveland wasn't stacked, they had a GREAT TEAM that simply never won it all.

Did people forget they did get to the Finals vs the Spurs AND GOT SWEPT? They never got BACK to the Finals. So don't tell me that they didn't have a good team. Lebron failed them.

Lakers-16 championships
Cleveland-cough cough
Miami-1
Toronto-cough cough lol

Miami hasn't proven ****. As a Yankees fan I know a stacked team does not equate to championships.
Cavs win 60+ games two seasons in a row: Cavs are great guise! They are the best team!

Cavs don't reach the Finals both of those years: LeBron had no help guise, he can't do it all by himself, the team is a bunch of scrubs.
davgoatTLN#11
Old 10-21-10, 03:43 PM   #50
baddis es
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

linkrim

Quote:

Lakers-16 championships
Cleveland-cough cough
Miami-1
Toronto-cough cough lol

bailed on Cle??? yeah, sure!!! Cle bailed on him...if Cle and Gilbert wanted LBJ to stay, they WOULD of done something to sway his decision. the same way the Lakers acted on KB wanting out of LA. they got him Gasol. are you still caught up in Barkley's hypcritical hype on bashing LBJ about leaving? houston rockets ring a bell??? lol... or MJ and Magic saying they would never go to another team. why would they, Magic had Worthy and Kareem, MJ had Rodman and Pippen. KB had Shaq and now Gasol...what did LBJ have, he had himself. he was the team. please tell me who LBJ could rely on in Cleveland that would make him want to stay???

and being swept by the Spurs...LBJ WAS the team that year again, as was every other year. put up some players on that roster who did anything significant to say otherwise since you say they had a GREAT TEAM? Gibson, Hughes, Snow? lmao...and you know bball? only person on that whole team that had descent (and that's being kind) talent was BigZ. far from being "stacked"

Lebron did it on his OWN...KB, on his own, has managed to miss the playoffs in 04-05, and exit out of the first rounds in the next 2-years. c'mon SICK...I know you know ball better than that, dont disappoint me

Quote:

funny how you bring up sacrificing their pay to win...did Wade LBJ and Bosh not do the same, how is it any different? Fisher was never leaving LA, his heart pumps purple and gold.

and who did LBJ draw attention from...6-7 NBA teams all making their cap space free for him. Not Wade or Bosh or any other FA. they all wanted LBJ!!! when KB was a FA, who was fighting for him...one team, the Clippers!

Wade was never leaving Miami...Riley made that a fact to the locals, hence the reason he got Bosh. LBJ chose the most viable team to contend for a title...hate on him all you want. LBJ didnt leave Cle wrongfully, he gave them 7yrs of hard pressed talent on the court day in/out. what did they do to help him...bring in an injured Shaq and a unreliable Jamison. Mo was ok but never good enough. Again, if Cle wanted to keep LBJ...they would of made offseason trades to beef up their fire-power.

and Gasol did not demand the trade...KB urged the Lakers to get things moving as well as Bynum going down. the Grizzlies were also trying to unload Gasol for another player who would be ending their contract.

"It's a matter of us just gelling now and putting it together," added Bryant, who urged management to improve the team over the summer. "We've got a great bench. We have a lot of length, a lot of versatility. Now it's time to walk the walk."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtown View Post
Cavs win 60+ games two seasons in a row: Cavs are great guise! They are the best team!

Cavs don't reach the Finals both of those years: LeBron had no help guise, he can't do it all by himself, the team is a bunch of scrubs.

same thing was said about KB during 04-05 when he missed the playoffs and the following 2-seasons. and now the chants of the best team since they are champs.

the difference? LBJ get's them in contention to make playoff runs. KB failed to execute with all his GLORIOUS talent!

Hoi-Pong Customs
http://www.hoipongcustoms.com

-2002 GS300 -- de trend setter
-1999 Solara SE V6 (5spd) -- my double D
-1996 200sx SE-R (VVL swap) -- vtak killah!
Old 10-21-10, 04:08 PM   #51
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

^^^ Nicely written.
Old 10-21-10, 04:37 PM   #52
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Quote:
same thing was said about KB during 04-05 when he missed the playoffs and the following 2-seasons. and now the chants of the best team since they are champs.

the difference? LBJ get's them in contention to make playoff runs. KB failed to execute with all his GLORIOUS talent!
I'm not gonna read that wall of text you wrote, but I'll respond to this.

What glorious talent? Kwame Brown aka Mr Bust? LBJ had good talent in Cleveland which was evident by two 60+ win seasons in a row, and when they lost in the playoffs it was because "he had no talent on his team". Kobe really didn't have any help and that was evident by the TEAM record.

All I want to know is, how did it feel watching Kobe win his 2nd straight Finals MVP? I enjoyed it, did you?
davgoatTLN#11
Old 10-21-10, 04:50 PM   #53
onihc
I heart Honda

Quote:

funny how you bring up sacrificing their pay to win...did Wade LBJ and Bosh not do the same, how is it any different? Fisher was never leaving LA, his heart pumps purple and gold.
if read my response carefully, i mentioned endorsements. that is a HUGE difference! lebron's endorsements alone is worth more than the salary of all the players i mentioned, combined. and then there's CA state income tax.
Quote:

Wade was never leaving Miami...Riley made that a fact to the locals, hence the reason he got Bosh. LBJ chose the most viable team to contend for a title...hate on him all you want. LBJ didnt leave Cle wrongfully, he gave them 7yrs of hard pressed talent on the court day in/out. what did they do to help him...bring in an injured Shaq and a unreliable Jamison. Mo was ok but never good enough. Again, if Cle wanted to keep LBJ...they would of made offseason trades to beef up their fire-power.

and Gasol did not demand the trade...KB urged the Lakers to get things moving as well as Bynum going down. the Grizzlies were also trying to unload Gasol for another player who would be ending their contract.
so we agree lebron followed bosh to miami because for 7 years no top free agent wanted to go to cleveland to play with lebron.

so team A wants to unload a long term salary in exchange for an expiring contract. team B jumps in with matching numbers and gets it done. what does that have to do with kobe? ALL nba premier superstars demand help to better their team.

btw, i don't hate LJ as a player. i think he's the third best player in the league. i didn't like the way he announced his decision, though. my impression of his announcement is, he thinks he's bigger than NBA itself.

2014 Angels baseball
Old 10-21-10, 05:09 PM   #54
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtown View Post
I'm not gonna read that wall of text you wrote, but I'll respond to this.

What glorious talent? Kwame Brown aka Mr Bust? LBJ had good talent in Cleveland which was evident by two 60+ win seasons in a row, and when they lost in the playoffs it was because "he had no talent on his team". Kobe really didn't have any help and that was evident by the TEAM record.

All I want to know is, how did it feel watching Kobe win his 2nd straight Finals MVP? I enjoyed it, did you?
i wanted the Lakers to win...i picked the Lakers once I saw the joining of Artest. plus I'm from nYc, so it's ANYONE but Boston!

let's see if your, Kobe "had no talent" holds ground...

2004-05 Lakers Roster (partial)
Bryant
Odom
Caron Bultler
Walton
Devan George
Chucky Atkins
Brian Grant
Brian Cook
Mihm

seems to me you had a descent group of players, not the best, but certainly a team worthy of making the playoffs...especially in Odom, Butler and KB. again, if KB was as GREAT as you all say, he should of at least got them into the playoffs by taking control and leading them there. Wade was able to get the Heat into the playoff's this year with, literally, NO supporting cast...so why not KB???

KB was in his prime and is better than Wade, but cant take a team beyond the first round

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 10-21-10, 05:44 PM   #55
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
if read my response carefully, i mentioned endorsements. that is a HUGE difference! lebron's endorsements alone is worth more than the salary of all the players i mentioned, combined. and then there's CA state income tax.

so we agree lebron followed bosh to miami because for 7 years no top free agent wanted to go to cleveland to play with lebron.

so team A wants to unload a long term salary in exchange for an expiring contract. team B jumps in with matching numbers and gets it done. what does that have to do with kobe? ALL nba premier superstars demand help to better their team.

btw, i don't hate LJ as a player. i think he's the third best player in the league. i didn't like the way he announced his decision, though. my impression of his announcement is, he thinks he's bigger than NBA itself.
a pay cut is a pay cut (15-20 million difference in LBJ's contract is a LOT of money by not staying in Cle as he would of made $130mil i believe)...if LBJ was concerned for the money, he would of signed with Cle, NY or NJ. his intentions were to win a championship, and Miami gave him the best viable option to do so. Fisher, Barnes and Artest had the same goal in mind, they are contending for a title...

if Lebron wasnt liked then his worth during FA this year would of been like KB's when only the Clippers wanted him. You had players like, Boozer, Bosh, Wade, Amare, etc all chiming in to sway Lebron to their team. never has a FA been so sought after like LBJ, not even KB when he was on the market.

i agree that ALL teams wants additional support for their stars...but what is so different about 3 of the best FA this year teaming up then? as soon as LBJ decided to join forces and create an even stronger powerhouse, everyone cried foul like he did something wrong. he chose the best option for him...and the LBJ haters or those scared of the trio's threat to the league went up in roars

i dont hate KB either...i enjoy his games, he is a phenomenal player. but he is selfish and does not improve his players around him. that's why I still feel if you are starting a team today...you go with LBJ because he improves his team and is more versatile than KB, especially on D!

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 10-21-10, 07:46 PM   #56
LexFather

baddie_es thanks for being civil and not a douchebag with your posts here, even though we don't agree I see your points, I just don't agree.

Hawks got in that *** tonight

Old 10-21-10, 08:09 PM   #57
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
baddie_es thanks for being civil and not a douchebag with your posts here, even though we don't agree I see your points, I just don't agree.

Hawks got in that *** tonight
why thank you my good man! same to you as well...KB and LBJ are great players, to that I'm sure we come to agreement.

i saw some of the game...pretty good fight by the Hawks, LBJ was a monster as usual tho. preseason play...come tuesday tho, it's lights out!

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 10-21-10, 10:42 PM   #58
onihc
I heart Honda

Quote:

i agree that ALL teams wants additional support for their stars...but what is so different about 3 of the best FA this year teaming up then? as soon as LBJ decided to join forces and create an even stronger powerhouse, everyone cried foul like he did something wrong. he chose the best option for him...and the LBJ haters or those scared of the trio's threat to the league went up in roars

i dont hate KB either...i enjoy his games, he is a phenomenal player. but he is selfish and does not improve his players around him. that's why I still feel if you are starting a team today...you go with LBJ because he improves his team and is more versatile than KB, especially on D!
i didn't care where LJ signed. He was a free agent and had a choice, just like every other free agent. it's just how he went about it.

5 years ago, i felt the same way about kobe as you do. i thought he was selfish and couldn't make his teammates better. heck, i would have picked Steve Nash over kobe. kobe has matured since. i remember the first game with gasol. kobe kept passing to him the entire game. I think that was the turning point. I agree that LJ makes his teammates better, that's why its hard for me to understand why it's difficult to attract superstars to play alongside him in cleveland.

i agree with 1sicklex about your attitude on this lakers thread. i like your passion for your team. as long as you're not jumping on the miami bandwagon. i don't like fair weather fans.

2014 Angels baseball
Old 10-22-10, 05:13 AM   #59
baddis es
Lexus Champion

linkrim

Quote:
i didn't care where LJ signed. He was a free agent and had a choice, just like every other free agent. it's just how he went about it.

5 years ago, i felt the same way about kobe as you do. i thought he was selfish and couldn't make his teammates better. heck, i would have picked Steve Nash over kobe. kobe has matured since. i remember the first game with gasol. kobe kept passing to him the entire game. I think that was the turning point. I agree that LJ makes his teammates better, that's why its hard for me to understand why it's difficult to attract superstars to play alongside him in cleveland.

i agree with 1sicklex about your attitude on this lakers thread. i like your passion for your team. as long as you're not jumping on the miami bandwagon. i don't like fair weather fans.
to me, i have no ill feelings about how he made "the decision", as the proceedings from that benefited the Boys/Girls Club. i'm all for donating and helping out the under-privaleged. if every major announcement had that purpose behind it...by all means, go right ahead and do it

i'll agree that KB has matured...but his selfish ways are still present, tho not as much as they used to be. he's learned to play to win, not to play for stats...and you cant ask for more from a player of his talent!

i dont think LBJ had an issue drawing players...this summer alone shows how much other stars wanted him around them. I think KB had the harder time attracting the stars as he's known for ill-speaking his teammates when he's not pleased and also how he helped Shaq move out of LA. but that is the past when he was more selfish and as you stated, he's matured

lol...definitely not on the bandwagon. i was a Bulls fan when I was younger, at that time MJ was the -ish and I was now learning the game, so I supported the best. after he retired...I didnt really have a favorite team until Wade was drafted to the Heat, and I started to go for the local team.

Hoi-Pong Customs

Old 10-26-10, 03:27 PM   #60
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

And it's on again!

Creative haters make me lol:

Old 10-26-10, 03:27 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
3peat, 6, 630pm, 92boxrecap, 95, club, clublexus, dal, fs, gm, heat, lakers, lexus, mia, peat, video, west