Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse > The Press Box
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

dwayne wade the real deal, not as hyped as the others, but better..

Old 05-16-05, 01:03 PM   #1
devious23
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default dwayne wade the real deal, not as hyped as the others, but better..

look, i'll start this thread off w/ a flame to all you Mcgrady, Nowitzki, and whoever else besides Amare fans. mcgrady chocked, like he has always done. he takes 3 point shots instead of going in for a higher percentage to help his team win(scoring champ, wow). Dirk is getting guarded by a 6'2" guard who he cant score against and disrespects teamates.
The playoffs have been an awakening for all you non-heat watchers. i've been lucky enough to watch the maturation of dwayne live. he has become a leader on a team w/ big names like shaq and alonzo. he dosent step on toes w/ his ego and just plays the game the way its suppose to be played. ive been an NBA fan for many years and will argue to the end that MJ was the best player ever to play. But beside Jordan(50%fg) the majority of prolific players that have scored alot of points, ex; Iverson, Carter, arenas, mcgrady, kobe, all average a 41-46%fg percentage(forced shots), wade shoots over 50%. not one of them utilize the team game as wade in only 2yrs under his belt. yea the heat played crappy teams but he was still guarded by 1st team defenders like hughes and jefferson . as for wade only being good b/c of shaq, thats crap, look at what hes done w/o the big fella. He was the center target for the wizards and he still managed a 30point average. besides, look at what he did last year in the playoffs. Sorry for the long thread, but im just tired of all the praise going to carmelo(im a carmelo hater) mcgrady(fan, but hasnt learned how to win in 7yrs) and Dirk (what has he done this year, except a game winning shot he thought he missed), lebron will not be mentioned just yet. wade is a superstar in the making, so just pay attention. its been a while since we've(miami) actually drafted a superstar, well since number 13.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
devious23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 08:48 PM   #2
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

I am also impressed with this kid.... I really like his attitude (at least so far) and his court presence.... He makes a few young boy mistakes but he can ball in a major way..

There seems to be a desire to compare all these new guys to MJ and against themselves... All their situations are different... I like the situation that Dwayne is in and the way he is making the most of it...
silversprucesc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 10:15 PM   #3
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious23
look, i'll start this thread off w/ a flame to all you Mcgrady, Nowitzki, and whoever else besides Amare fans. mcgrady chocked, like he has always done. he takes 3 point shots instead of going in for a higher percentage to help his team win(scoring champ, wow). Dirk is getting guarded by a 6'2" guard who he cant score against and disrespects teamates.
The playoffs have been an awakening for all you non-heat watchers. i've been lucky enough to watch the maturation of dwayne live. he has become a leader on a team w/ big names like shaq and alonzo. he dosent step on toes w/ his ego and just plays the game the way its suppose to be played. ive been an NBA fan for many years and will argue to the end that MJ was the best player ever to play. But beside Jordan(50%fg) the majority of prolific players that have scored alot of points, ex; Iverson, Carter, arenas, mcgrady, kobe, all average a 41-46%fg percentage(forced shots), wade shoots over 50%. not one of them utilize the team game as wade in only 2yrs under his belt. yea the heat played crappy teams but he was still guarded by 1st team defenders like hughes and jefferson . as for wade only being good b/c of shaq, thats crap, look at what hes done w/o the big fella. He was the center target for the wizards and he still managed a 30point average. besides, look at what he did last year in the playoffs. Sorry for the long thread, but im just tired of all the praise going to carmelo(im a carmelo hater) mcgrady(fan, but hasnt learned how to win in 7yrs) and Dirk (what has he done this year, except a game winning shot he thought he missed), lebron will not be mentioned just yet. wade is a superstar in the making, so just pay attention. its been a while since we've(miami) actually drafted a superstar, well since number 13.

I agree. And what helps Wade TONS is he doesn't shoot the 3 like most of the clowns that can't shoot it and he drives to the basket like MJ used to. That will help your field goal percentage TONS. He is a throwback to the guard, the slasher, not the pull up for 20 feet fadeaway guy.
Old 05-17-05, 07:46 AM   #4
devious23
Driver School Candidate

i agree, everyone wants to shoot the 3. in the washington series, it was amazing how gilbert arenas shot long 3's instead of going to the whole and drawing contact which he was doing earlier. oh well, it helped in our favor, that and wades 22point 3rd quarter. on another note, how has iverson been so durable for all these years.
Old 05-07-11, 05:21 AM   #5
devious23
Driver School Candidate

Default 6yrs later

funny, i remember writing this a few yrs back and someone debated me that josh howard was just as good. fast forward 6 years and it looks like there could be a 2005 finals rematch.
Old 05-07-11, 05:21 AM

Tags
car, deal, duane, dwyane, lexus, real, wade