So my girlfriends dog just bit my face to hell

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-14, 08:46 PM   #1
ashtray
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (11)

Thumbs down So my girlfriends dog just bit my face to hell

Hey, forum

Not really sure where to post this so I figured here is a good start. My girlfriend of 4 years, whom I love, has a cocker spaniel, whom I truly despise. Now this dog is a straight up POS. He bites everyone. Growls, snarls and barks at everyone even if he knows them. He is used to me though. I feed him, give him water, walk him and throw the ball for him and even buy him toys which he gets very protective of and loves.

About an hour ago, my girlfriend decided to wash the dog and no that is not a euphemism. The dog is washed and I begin to dry him. I do his back, belly, head, ears and move to his hind feet. Out of no where, he leaps full force and bites my entire face. His bottom jaw went in my mouth bashing my teeth on its way in. His top teeth punctured 2 holes right near my left eye brow and slashed my nose the entirety of its length almost. Bleeding quite profusely I washed it, put tons of pressure got it under control and stormed out thinking "My face is now scared for life because of a dog I only pretend to like for my girlfriends own happiness."

Now you have to understand...I was furious and adrenaline pumped. You could actually call me scarface now. What do I do? I don't want to just pretend like it never happened. I will not put my tail between my legs and act like I was at fault when I was not. I will not just go back to everything being normal...I can't...can I? I mean what does that say about me? Her dog thrashed my face and I just stick around happy-go-lucky? Some context...we are both good looking people, young, smart and in college and both trying towards a career in medicine. She did act concerned but at the same time I felt like she was just thinking "Ohh you dog you I can't believe you."

What would you do? I mean...what can you do? I can't give her an ultimatum or some dramatic crap like that can I? I'm at a loss here. It was a great day/night...and then the dog turned me in to bloodyface.

Best,
Scarface....

edit: I'd just like to reiterate that this is my face we are talking about here...it is something I will look at everyday of my life and something everyone will always see all the time.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

120 Club Member - NA 1997 5spd. SC300
A few mods. Thanks to KingpiN.SC for sig. pic.
Old 11-16-14, 09:32 PM   #2
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (12)

try staying away from the dog. stop being a pansy about it with your gf.
Old 11-16-14, 09:35 PM   #3
Allen K
Epic Allen
Trader Score: (4)

Dog is a menace and the fact that she's keeping the dog after it attacked you basically tells you what she thinks about the relationship. I vote ultimatum, but if you want to try to make it work at least demand obedience school

TLN # π--> Allen G(oat)

Thanks...
Old 11-16-14, 09:40 PM   #4
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

She needs to watch some Dog Whisperer, shes reinforcing the bad behavior which is a common theme in the show
Old 11-16-14, 09:45 PM   #5
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant
Trader Score: (5)

Muzzle time.

Lexus (you know...), Ducati Multistrada 1200, Harley Davidson Muscle Rod
Old 11-16-14, 09:51 PM   #6
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Two words: shock collar
2008 Ducati 848...sold 5/31/14
Old 11-16-14, 10:01 PM   #7
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry to hear about the attack and your face. I'll pray for your successful recovery, including any plastic surgery if required.

Do you have health insurance? (Everyone, of course, has to have it under Obamacare or be fined). If so, your insurance company may pay its required share of the medical bills. Even so, in most states (and I don't see why Texas would be any different), even if she is your girlfriend, it's her dog, and she is legally responsible if it bites you and injures you. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that the fact that she is your girlfriend exempts her from that (though that might be the case if you were married and she was your wife). So, even if the insurance company pays YOUR medical bills, theoretically, THEY could turn around and go after your girl friend to recover those expenses.....that's one reason why there is so much paperwork on a claim. Last, if your girl friend did not have the dog rabies-vaccined (which is also the law in many states), the dog may, by law, have to be examined for any sign of rabies. If found, you may need to also have a rabies-vaccine. It used to be a rather painful series of shots in the stomach, but I think that they have simpler and less-painful treatments now.

True, all these complications may not do your relationship with her much good if you truly love her (and vice-versa), but, nevertheless, at least some of them may be required by law. With pet-ownership goes certain (and potential) responsibilities.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-16-14 at 10:12 PM..
Old 11-16-14, 10:04 PM   #8
darkdream
Lexus Champion

You need to do something about it. What if the dog attacks an artery in your neck next? If those wounds are deep and big you might want to get stitches to lessen the chance of the wounds turning into craters.
Old 11-16-14, 10:25 PM   #9
Aron9000
Lexus Test Driver

Tough spot, being in a relationship for 4 years. How serious is it???

IMO its your girlfriend's turn to determine where this goes. I would not own a vicious dog that bites people, I don't care who it bit, boyfriend, stranger, child, an ******* who deserved it.

DOG WOULD BE GONE.

Talk to your girl about it, if she really does care about you that dog will be gone IMO.
Old 11-16-14, 10:47 PM   #10
BrettJacks
Lexus Champion

My advice?

Dogs are known to run in front of cars from time to time.
Old 11-16-14, 10:48 PM   #11
ashtray
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISFPOWER View Post
try staying away from the dog. stop being a pansy about it with your gf.
It's an indoor dog. She lives in an apartment complex with 2 room mates so the dog sleeps with us. Staying away from the dog would be staying away all around. Is this what you recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
Dog is a menace and the fact that she's keeping the dog after it attacked you basically tells you what she thinks about the relationship. I vote ultimatum, but if you want to try to make it work at least demand obedience school
She wouldn't do obedience school guaranteed. The dog is mental...if it does not know you he will bite you. Even the vets refuse to treat him unless putting him under for every single visit no matter how small the matter...either that or the vet has to simply over power him and just control him with brute force while a nurse does the swab, injection etc. Thats why I say obedience school is out of the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen View Post
She needs to watch some Dog Whisperer, shes reinforcing the bad behavior which is a common theme in the show
THIS! Man everytime he acts like crap..she just picks him up and soft talks him "yeah yeah stop it stop it" and holds him..but her voice is soothing not punishing...which totally sounds like reinforcing behavior for a dog. I hate it and get upset and try to correct it by being firm but then I turn into the "bad guy" by being mad and she says "he's just a dog."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT View Post
Muzzle time.
Oh I'd love this...you have no idea how happy I would be to be able to get near him without worrying he was going to strike. He's tried tons of times before but I was fast enough or saw it coming. Tonight he just straight up surprised me. Another time he bit me while actually hugging him he drew blood directly from my eye brow...that one sucked because I got blood in my eye ball....smh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQD_GS4 View Post
Two words: shock collar
I'm going to look into this or the muzzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
Sorry to hear about the attack and your face. I'll pray for your successful recovery, including any plastic surgery if required.

Do you have health insurance? (Everyone, of course, has to have it under Obamacare or be fined). If so, your insurance company may pay its required share of the medical bills. Even so, in most states (and I don't see why Texas would be any different), even if she is your girlfriend, it's her dog, and she is legally responsible if it bites you and injures you. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that the fact that she is your girlfriend exempts her from that (though that might be the case if you were married and she was your wife). So, even if the insurance company pays YOUR medical bills, theoretically, THEY could turn around and go after your girl friend to recover those expenses.....that's one reason why there is so much paperwork on a claim. Last, if your girl friend did not have the dog rabies-vaccined (which is also the law in many states), the dog may, by law, have to be examined for any sign of rabies. If found, you may need to also have a rabies-vaccine. It used to be a rather painful series of shots in the stomach, but I think that they have simpler and less-painful treatments now.

True, all these complications may not do your relationship with her much good if you truly love her (and vice-versa), but, nevertheless, at least some of them may be required by law. With pet-ownership goes certain (and potential) responsibilities.
I really would hate to get involved with these matters with her. It just makes everything all the more "I'm me and you're you." Right now we're a "us" lol if that makes sense. Like I said I've stopped the bleeding...the worst one wont stop as it every now and then just leaks blood down my face. I dry it, pressure it and stop it. Then it'll happen several minutes later. Thats only happened twice though so I'm hoping it stops so that I need to go get stitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdream View Post
You need to do something about it. What if the dog attacks an artery in your neck next? If those wounds are deep and big you might want to get stitches to lessen the chance of the wounds turning into craters.
2 are deep, round and not small but decent in size. The one on my nose is huge in length but not as deep. I'm doing research on how to tell if I need stitches or not. I should decide with in the next hour. As for the dog maybe biting me at an artery next time...I doubt I'll ever see the dog again.

Last edited by ashtray; 11-16-14 at 10:55 PM..
Old 11-16-14, 10:53 PM   #12
ashtray
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
Tough spot, being in a relationship for 4 years. How serious is it???

IMO its your girlfriend's turn to determine where this goes. I would not own a vicious dog that bites people, I don't care who it bit, boyfriend, stranger, child, an ******* who deserved it.

DOG WOULD BE GONE.

Talk to your girl about it, if she really does care about you that dog will be gone IMO.
You see I agree with you 99999%. I was raised with the same philosophy of dogs and them being vicious and ownership etc. She told me the dog is being picked up by her mom on Tuesday but only because her mom is afraid that I'm going to press charges and have the dog put down...which I am not going to do. But now the dog is out of the picture not out of respect for me but simply because her crazy mother doesn't want it to be put down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJacks View Post
My advice?

Dogs are known to run in front of cars from time to time.
So you're saying I play the waiting game...

Old 11-16-14, 11:07 PM   #13
Teal Sc400
Lexus Champion

Asks/contact dog whisperer Cesar Millan. He could help u with the issue this breed is causing toward u being with your girlfriend.
https://www.cesarsway.com/contact
http://www.cesarsway.com

Last edited by Teal Sc400; 11-17-14 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11-16-14, 11:26 PM   #14
ashtray
Lexus Champion

^^^Will do. Never thought it would be so tuff to pick a course of action in this kind of situation. It's odd.

Old 11-17-14, 12:02 AM   #15
BrettJacks
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
So you're saying I play the waiting game...
Explicilty? Of course

Implicitly? Read between the lines.
Old 11-17-14, 12:02 AM

Closed Thread