Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Orlando Vacation (Going to all the theme parks & more) Questions

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-14, 10:51 PM   #1
tungo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (16)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 452
Default Orlando Vacation (Going to all the theme parks & more) Questions

I've been to Orlando before and visited the theme parks, but have yet to visit Busch Gardens, DisneyWorld Epcot or Animal Kingdom (been to Magic Kingdom). I've been doing some research and was wondering if there are better deals out there.

Anyone have a connection to vacation rental properties? I've been religiously checking www.vrbo.com and www.homeaway.com for a place to accomodate 8-10 people.

Breakdown of theme parks to visit:

Disneyworld Magic Kingdom - the females want to come here
Universal Studios (Both Theme Parks in one day)
SeaWorld
Busch Gardens

Anyone know where I can get all of these parks together? I am not interested in being asked to getting a timeshare in order to get a discount.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
tungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 05:56 AM   #2
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 45,081
Default

hey. not sure what you mean by "all of these parks together" but i'm sure you know that busch gardens is in tampa and not orlando. it's about an hour or so down I4.

are you having trouble finding a place at all, or for a price you're willing to pay?
should be TONS of houses there for rent.
__________________
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 06:58 AM   #3
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,542
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungo View Post

Disneyworld Magic Kingdom - the females want to come here
Universal Studios (Both Theme Parks in one day)
SeaWorld
Busch Gardens

Anyone know where I can get all of these parks together? I am not interested in being asked to getting a timeshare in order to get a discount.
Park hopper pass is what you want.

Magic Kingdom is a decent half day trip if you visit off season. (not busy) You can do Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom in the same day. Ending at MK with fireworks.

Both Universal studios in the same day is not a good idea. Lines can get really long there. if you're a fan of the Potter stuff you'll want to spend more time.

Seaworld sucks. Don't bother. Don't support that company. Watch the movie Blackfish and save your money.

Busch Gardens is not close. Its cool, but if you strapped for time. Don't bother unless your planning on an overnight in the Clearwater Beach area.
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 12:01 AM   #4
tungo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (16)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 452
Default

Thanks Paul and Neuro for the info. My parents are relocating to Tampa. They just purchased a house there 2 weeks ago and I will be visiting Busch Gardens and also visiting them, hence why we want to go to Busch Gardens.

Will be doing both Universal Studios parks, but am going to use the express pass. I've done this in the past in order to skip the lines and will not visit without it. In my opinion, it's a must. This is the only way to get in all the rides within one day.

I have found quite a few homes for rent. We are trying to stay under $400 per night, anything under $300 is ideal, but all the properties that we've found does not have enough bathrooms and anything more than 4 bathrooms is more than what I want to spend. Too many prima donna girls wanting to get dolled up, particularly when we are trying to visit the park as soon as it opens is going to be a big mess in the morning, and I don't want to deal with that noise.
tungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 11:08 AM   #5
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 45,081
Default

haha... $$ for more bathrooms for females seems like money well spent.
__________________
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 06:55 AM   #6
littlebird
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
littlebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S.Carolina
Posts: 191
Sammy Davis llittlebird
Default

I second the don't bother with seaworld. it used to be one of my favorite parks as a kid, and my most recent visit there was a complete and total let down. half of the stuff in the park is shut down or not functioning properly, and it's not worth the money of going.
i'd say with disney, you can do a park hopper and go between animal kingdom and magic kingdom, but if you go when it's hot out, most of the animals at AK will be hiding in the shade, and it's not as much to see. i agree with neurocity in that you should do half a day at animal kingdom in the morning before it gets too hot, then go on over to MK the second half and the evening fireworks.
busch gardens is totally worth it if you are a rollercoaster junkie. lots to ride.
Definitely do the express pass at universal, but me personally, Universal Islands of adventure is more fun that Universal, because there's more in the way of rides. so it all depends on what you're going for. but the express pass is a must.

we rented a house once that was within 10 minutes of the parks and it was a 4br 2ba house with a garage converted into a game room (old school pacman machine, an air hockey table, a pool table, and a few other things) and a pool in the back yard. off the top of my head i don't remember what exact area it was in, but i can definitely try to find out and get back to you if that would be along the lines of what you're looking for?

why girls feel it necessary to get dolled up to go to a theme park beats me. if they plan on riding rides it ruins the hair they work hard to do, and they're just going to sweat off any makeup they put on -.-
littlebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 09:38 PM   #7
Goffinluvr
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 11
Default

Slightly O/T, if you have excess time in the Orlando area, you might consider a side-trip to the Kennedy Space Center. It's been 15 years or so, but thought the drive was roughly 1 1/2 hours.

EPCOT is by far my favorite Disney attraction!
Goffinluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 03:51 AM   #8
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 45,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffinluvr View Post
EPCOT is by far my favorite Disney attraction!
if it's been 15 years since you've been there, it may be, but imo it's dated and in need of major upgrading.
__________________
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 04:31 AM   #9
tmf2004
10 years on Clublexus
Trader Score: (12)
 
tmf2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: FL (PSL)
Posts: 20,258
anthonymichael34
Default

i would just stick to Universal and islands of adventures... get a 2 or 3 day park pass and hit all the rides and roller coasters.. Its well worth it. Plus if you like the night life you can hit up City walk for clubs and restaurants.

BTW... They need to get rid of Twister/ aftermath... really outdated...
__________________

2011 Vossen Clublexus Contest Winner

1999 GS400
2012 Kia Optima SWP TURBO

Past: 88 Samurai--87 mustang LX GT conv--95 Mustang GT auto--97 Lexus Es300
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Drone is overrated......let the V8 breathe!
tmf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 06:32 PM   #10
tungo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (16)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
I second the don't bother with seaworld. it used to be one of my favorite parks as a kid, and my most recent visit there was a complete and total let down. half of the stuff in the park is shut down or not functioning properly, and it's not worth the money of going.
i'd say with disney, you can do a park hopper and go between animal kingdom and magic kingdom, but if you go when it's hot out, most of the animals at AK will be hiding in the shade, and it's not as much to see. i agree with neurocity in that you should do half a day at animal kingdom in the morning before it gets too hot, then go on over to MK the second half and the evening fireworks.
busch gardens is totally worth it if you are a rollercoaster junkie. lots to ride.
Definitely do the express pass at universal, but me personally, Universal Islands of adventure is more fun that Universal, because there's more in the way of rides. so it all depends on what you're going for. but the express pass is a must.

we rented a house once that was within 10 minutes of the parks and it was a 4br 2ba house with a garage converted into a game room (old school pacman machine, an air hockey table, a pool table, and a few other things) and a pool in the back yard. off the top of my head i don't remember what exact area it was in, but i can definitely try to find out and get back to you if that would be along the lines of what you're looking for?

why girls feel it necessary to get dolled up to go to a theme park beats me. if they plan on riding rides it ruins the hair they work hard to do, and they're just going to sweat off any makeup they put on -.-
My thoughts exactly. All the houses I found had all the amenities you mentioned above. They converted the garage into a game room that has a pool table, foose ball, darts, air hockey.

I've been to Universal 3 times and every visit I took, it was a blast. That is in the to do list as a must. The girls want to visit SeaWorld and because we don't want any of them complaining, we will do what they want.

Why they need to get pretty I have no clue. That's females for you. Last time we went somewhere, they packed a suitcase full of shoes only. Over 20 pairs of shoes for a 5 day trip. And then another case full of makeup, eyelashes and all that jazz.

We rented a property that is 15 minutes away. Originally asking $459 a night, negotiated to $329. Not bad
tungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 06:56 AM   #11
littlebird
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
littlebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S.Carolina
Posts: 191
Sammy Davis llittlebird
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungo View Post

Why they need to get pretty I have no clue. That's females for you. Last time we went somewhere, they packed a suitcase full of shoes only. Over 20 pairs of shoes for a 5 day trip. And then another case full of makeup, eyelashes and all that jazz.

We rented a property that is 15 minutes away. Originally asking $459 a night, negotiated to $329. Not bad
I'm a female, and i don't even understand it. if we are going out at night to a bar or club or something, i'll do my makeup and stuff then, but not before going to a theme park or anything like that -.- i don't think i own that many shoes

but no that's not a bad price at all! hope you have fun!
littlebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 10:34 AM   #12
SubieChik
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
SubieChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 389
subie_chik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
if it's been 15 years since you've been there, it may be, but imo it's dated and in need of major upgrading.
I completely agree with you on that one. I did enjoy it though....it is definitely geared towards the adults....you can drink around the world LOL.

We just did a 4 day park hopper to Disney back in April. Are you by any chance going with kids? If so I'm sorry there is no way you are sharing a MK day with any other park. Animal kindom isn't open as long as the other parks so we shared that day with Hollywood Studios (which I personally prefer over Epcot). If your looking for ways to entertain the girls go to Downtown Disney. It's open to the public so you don't need a ticket to get in and they have lots of shopping and some good places to eat.

Sorry I could talk Disney all day. I think I love it as much as my 6 year old son
__________________

Current '08 IS250 '08 ISF '93 Toyota Soarer GT-T Gone & Missed '06 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB '01 Subaru RSTI '08 Subaru STI
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 10:44 AM   #13
littlebird
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
littlebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S.Carolina
Posts: 191
Sammy Davis llittlebird
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieChik View Post
I completely agree with you on that one. I did enjoy it though....it is definitely geared towards the adults....you can drink around the world LOL.

We just did a 4 day park hopper to Disney back in April. Are you by any chance going with kids? If so I'm sorry there is no way you are sharing a MK day with any other park. Animal kindom isn't open as long as the other parks so we shared that day with Hollywood Studios (which I personally prefer over Epcot). If your looking for ways to entertain the girls go to Downtown Disney. It's open to the public so you don't need a ticket to get in and they have lots of shopping and some good places to eat.

Sorry I could talk Disney all day. I think I love it as much as my 6 year old son
^amen to the last part. except my son is only 9months old and hasn't been to disney yet. i used to go at least once a month from the time i very little school until i moved to another state at 13.
littlebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 11:12 AM   #14
tungo
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (16)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieChik View Post
I completely agree with you on that one. I did enjoy it though....it is definitely geared towards the adults....you can drink around the world LOL.

We just did a 4 day park hopper to Disney back in April. Are you by any chance going with kids? If so I'm sorry there is no way you are sharing a MK day with any other park. Animal kindom isn't open as long as the other parks so we shared that day with Hollywood Studios (which I personally prefer over Epcot). If your looking for ways to entertain the girls go to Downtown Disney. It's open to the public so you don't need a ticket to get in and they have lots of shopping and some good places to eat.

Sorry I could talk Disney all day. I think I love it as much as my 6 year old son
Is that question for me or for Bitkahuna? If me, I am not traveling with kids, as far as I know. So far, everything has been planned out, but without knowing how long it is going to take the girls to get ready, better chance that we just play it by ear. They take forever to get ready and they are all taken. First ride, I'm gonna push them to Dudley's Rip-Saw and get them soaked. Maybe, this will make them realize how unnecessary it is to get looking nice for a theme park.
tungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 11:19 AM   #15
SubieChik
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
SubieChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 389
subie_chik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
^amen to the last part. except my son is only 9months old and hasn't been to disney yet. i used to go at least once a month from the time i very little school until i moved to another state at 13.
Once a month?! I'm jealous



Quote:
Originally Posted by tungo View Post
Is that question for me or for Bitkahuna? If me, I am not traveling with kids, as far as I know. So far, everything has been planned out, but without knowing how long it is going to take the girls to get ready, better chance that we just play it by ear. They take forever to get ready and they are all taken. First ride, I'm gonna push them to Dudley's Rip-Saw and get them soaked. Maybe, this will make them realize how unnecessary it is to get looking nice for a theme park.
It was for you. That's a good thing....you can soar right through Magic Kingdom then! And I definitely like your plan! Who wears makup to a theme park?
__________________

Current '08 IS250 '08 ISF '93 Toyota Soarer GT-T Gone & Missed '06 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB '01 Subaru RSTI '08 Subaru STI
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 11:19 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning a trip to Orlando - recommendations for a parts shops? Hameed Florida Lexus Club 12 11-29-13 04:24 PM
2013 LS460 Back from Florida Trip williakz LS460, LS460L and LS600h 22 03-01-13 09:16 PM
The official s.fl. Take ur baby to tampa valentines day fling 2/11-2/13. 2011 blk&blu*j Florida Lexus Club 218 02-04-13 06:44 PM
Hamlin Bought a Ring Edition S2000toIS350 LFA Model 5 10-23-12 09:34 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info