Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

RIP Paul Walker Dead at 40: Fast and the Furious Actor Dies In Car Accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-13, 07:13 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RIP Paul Walker Dead at 40: Fast and the Furious Actor Dies In Car Accident

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...eport-20133011

Paul Walker has reportedly died at the age of 40. The actor -- best known for his work in the Fast and the Furious franchise -- died suddenly after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California, TMZ reports. The movie star died Saturday afternoon.

According to the site, Walker reportedly was his new Porsche GT when the unidentified driver lost control and slammed the vehicle into a tree. The car burst into flames at the scene. Another person was also killed at the time.

The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station confirms in a statement to Us Weekly that there were two fatalities in a traffic collision at approximately 3:30 p.m. Saturday. When deputies arrived, the vehicle was engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles Country Fire Department estinguished the flames, and two victims were prononced dead at the scene. The Coroner's Office is currently determining the identities of the victims, and the collision is still under investigation.

A native of Glendale, Calif., Walker first broke out in Hollywood in the late 90s films Pleasantville and Varsity Blues. He then went on to appear in She's All That, The Skulls, and first joined the Fast and the Furious franchise in 2001. The actor reprised his role as Brian O'Conner in Fast & Furious 6 in 2013. Fast & Furious 7 was announced for a 2014 debut.

While promoting his latest film Hours earlier this month, Walker revealed that his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow, recently moved to live with him last year after living with her mother in Hawaii. Walker welcomed Meadow with then-girlfriend Rebecca in November 1998.

Last edited by bagwell; 11-30-13 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:20 PM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Still waiting on the confirmation from the coroner, but if true, very sad indeed.

Last edited by Marklouis; 11-30-13 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:25 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just saw it posted in the NYP... R.I.P. Paul Walker
http://nypost.com/2013/11/30/fast-an...-crash-report/
Old 11-30-13, 07:37 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Fast and Furious star PAUL WALKER DEAD AT 40-

I feel like I just lost a member of my family.

Paul Walker died in a car crash around 3:30pm today in California on his way to a charity event - and he WAS NOT driving the car that crashed. Him and a friend both lost their lives today.

The information has been confirmed on his official fan page.

This is one hell of a blow to the tuner community and fans of the FnF franchise world wide.

-Mr. Klean
Old 11-30-13, 07:38 PM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah his rep just confirmed it's him. Tragic to die so young, but he really did have an adventurous life. R.I.P. Paul Walker, you will be missed. He was already filming the latest Fast and Furious also.
Old 11-30-13, 07:39 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Link to article

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1533786
Old 11-30-13, 07:42 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Such a tragedy, of all weekends for it to happen.
Old 11-30-13, 07:49 PM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Very sad, he wasn't even behind the wheel..
Old 11-30-13, 07:49 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is unbelievable. So sad.

The irony of Paul Walker, known primarily for the Fast and Furious franchise, dieing in a fiery car crash. Weird.

As far as I know, they're in the middle of filming Fast and Furious 7. Very bad if that is the case.
Old 11-30-13, 07:51 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg. I was just gonna post this too. I was actually playing a video game and someone mega'd his death and I rushed to look it up. It's ironic and quite sad how he died. With the picture of that crushed up car, there was no way he could have survived that.

It was a one-car accident so I can't imagine how that could have happened. I don't wanna jump to conclusions though and say they were playing around on the road because I'm not them. Anyways.. OMGGGGGG. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I feel like I lost someone close to me too because I always looked up to him as a great actor and role model. I pray blessings over his family and friends as they endure this tragedy and that they may feel comfort in knowing that he is now safe and away from harm. I just read that he left behind a daughter, so I pray that she would feel his presence everywhere she goes.. It's a sad feeling to know that life is so unpredictable and inevitable. We come into this world and we have to go. There is no way around that..

:'( Paul Walker, thanks for your movies and inspiration in the tuner world FnF is nothing without you

R.I.P Paul Walker.

Last edited by SPLiFFY; 11-30-13 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:59 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Default Paul Walker, 40, dies in Porsche Carrera GT

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/12/01/f...-in-car-crash/
Old 11-30-13, 08:01 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

oh no....what a waste.
Old 11-30-13, 08:03 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

According to Wikipedia, Fast 7 is in post-production, so it should be on track. Same timing happened with the Heath Ledger/Dark Knight scenario.

I wasn't the biggest fan of his acting(let's be honest, it wasn't that good), but the movies were still enjoyable and he will be missed.
Old 11-30-13, 08:05 PM
JessePS

It is sad to hear. I met him many years ago on my flight back to Montreal from Kona.
Old 11-30-13, 08:10 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Met him, nice guy ...loved my SC RIP

Quick Reply: RIP Paul Walker Dead at 40: Fast and the Furious Actor Dies In Car Accident