bagwell
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

Default Official iPhone 6 thread...

geeeeeez....FINALLY?!?!?!?

iPhone 6 with 5-inch 1080p HD display reportedly launching next year

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Apple’s new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c aren’t even two months old and we have already seen a half-dozen iPhone 6 rumors pop up since their debut. The latest news comes from a Japanese magazine called Mac Fan, which recently issued a report that was picked up on Tuesday by Macotakara. Recent reports suggested that Apple is still toying with a number of different display sizes for its next-generation flagship iPhone, but Mac Fan claims that the iPhone 6′s display is a done deal — the new iPhone will apparently feature a full HD 1080p Retina display that measures 5 inches diagonally. The report also says that Apple’s next-generation iPhone will launch sometime in September 2014, which would certainly make sense considering the company’s recent launch pattern.
http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-6-5-inc...145531973.html
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 10-29-13, 11:32 AM   #2
geko29
Oil Burner

I don't buy it. Just two years after making what was most likely a very considered change in one dimension, they're going to change both dimensions? It wasn't too terrible when some apps were slightly pillarboxed, but the reactions if ALL apps were suddenly windowboxed would be swift and dramatic. And 1.69:1 is not exactly the easy scaling that 2:1 was when they made the initial switch to Retina display, so that's not really an option.

That said, if it were true I MIGHT consider coming back.

geko29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 06:16 PM   #3
maxx430
Pole Position

only if it was true, i would of hold out on my Note 3. I think they will lean toward 4.2inch before becoming a phablet.
Old 10-29-13, 06:59 PM   #4
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (15)

i believe apple with have another new higher end phone before september next year. otherwise they're falling into the microsoft trap (release gaps too big).
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 06:59 PM   #5
BrettJacks
Lexus Champion

I bet they go 4.5ish on the next one

Last edited by bitkahuna; 10-30-13 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: edited: removed android bait
BrettJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 07:14 PM   #6
RA40
Trader Score: (6)

I'm glad they are responding to market trends of the larger screen. OTOH, it comes late since the Mrs. jumped over to Samsung and Apple is a long past thought. For some it doesn't matter and for those Apple users, this will be a welcome addition.

Mike
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 07:36 PM   #7
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I think the only way Apple gives us a 5" screen is if it is one of two iPhones. I've said for years that they need to offer two sizes. Phone's aren't a one size fits all item yet Apple continues to build just one. A majority of iPhone buyers would like a bigger screen, but a lot wouldn't want more than the current 4".
-J-P-L- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 05:50 AM   #8
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

lol dont hold your breath

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 07:28 AM   #9
Stormwind
Lexus Test Driver

I think they'll make one with a replaceable battery before they make a 5" one.
Stormwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 08:54 AM   #10
bagwell
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J-P-L- View Post
I think the only way Apple gives us a 5" screen is if it is one of two iPhones. I've said for years that they need to offer two sizes.
wow, what a concept -- to give the consumers more choices! hopefully they DO!
Old 10-30-13, 09:06 AM   #11
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Trader Score: (18)

Dark Cloud XS Death_Anghell

That would be pretty cool if they did have a big screen like that. I'd be happy with a 4.5 or 4.3 inch iPhone. If the iPhone was the same size as a Galaxy S2 I would buy it in a heartbeat. It wouldn't be too big or too small.
95 Toyota Supra

さくら

Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 12:04 PM   #12
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwell View Post
wow, what a concept -- to give the consumers more choices! hopefully they DO!
lol here we go

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 06:04 PM   #13
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J-P-L- View Post
I think the only way Apple gives us a 5" screen is if it is one of two iPhones. I've said for years that they need to offer two sizes. Phone's aren't a one size fits all item yet Apple continues to build just one. A majority of iPhone buyers would like a bigger screen, but a lot wouldn't want more than the current 4".
It's pretty hard to argue with Apple's business model. Every single release has been more successful than the previous. They have to balance profits with sales. Sure, they could make 20 different versions of the iPhone and sell twice as many but at what cost to their bottom line? Will it give them enough flexibility to sink hundreds of millions of dollars into R&D for the next product line? As it is, investors are slamming Apple stocks right now because the 5s and the 5c release have cut heavily into their margins. Having only one or two models available makes for a much smoother production line and guarantees a mostly stable ROI. Apple sold 9 million new iPhones on the opening weekend. Do you REALLY think the "majority of iPhone buyers would like a bigger screen"? The numbers say otherwise. A fraction of iPhone buyers would like a bigger screen. According to Apple, this fraction is still too small to justify fragmenting their market further.
Old 10-30-13, 06:12 PM   #14
BrettJacks
Lexus Champion

iPhone users are largely homogeneous, as evidenced by the phones :P

The irritating part is if they run a 5" next to a 4", they'll be praised as the leaders in product differentiation, because Apple.
BrettJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 06:33 PM   #15
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrax144 View Post
It's pretty hard to argue with Apple's business model. Every single release has been more successful than the previous. They have to balance profits with sales. Sure, they could make 20 different versions of the iPhone and sell twice as many but at what cost to their bottom line? Will it give them enough flexibility to sink hundreds of millions of dollars into R&D for the next product line? As it is, investors are slamming Apple stocks right now because the 5s and the 5c release have cut heavily into their margins. Having only one or two models available makes for a much smoother production line and guarantees a mostly stable ROI. Apple sold 9 million new iPhones on the opening weekend. Do you REALLY think the "majority of iPhone buyers would like a bigger screen"? The numbers say otherwise. A fraction of iPhone buyers would like a bigger screen. According to Apple, this fraction is still too small to justify fragmenting their market further.
A majority of iPhone buyers will buy any iPhone that Apple builds. Whether it's 3.5" or 4.5", they'd line up. It just needs to have an Apple symbol on it.

I believe Apple shouldn't have made the 5c. Cheapening the iPhone isn't the answer IMO. Instead, offer two sizes, both premium. I think it would be huge for Apple to have the 4" at $199, and have a 5" at $299. Both the same exact phone just different size and a bigger battery for the 5 incher.

All I'm saying is 2 iPhones. The benefits to Apple would be much greater than any negative.
-J-P-L- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 06:33 PM

Tags
clublexus, forums, iphone, is250, lexus