Xbox One - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Xbox One

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-13, 11:10 PM   #16
don
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,074
Default

Has technology increased that significantly over the last 7 years that they need to release a new system? They're releasing it just for the sake of releasing a new system.
Just an in between upgrade. Like PSP -> PSP Go
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 03:46 AM   #17
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
IXI187IXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 8,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Has technology increased that significantly over the last 7 years that they need to release a new system? They're releasing it just for the sake of releasing a new system.
Just an in between upgrade. Like PSP -> PSP Go
agreed. i was talking about this yesterday with a guy a work with. i think we peaked on gaming pretty much. everything for the last 20 years has been leaps and bounds above what was previously released but now with the graphics and everything, how much more can we do?

i will say i will be highly impressed if they some how incorporate the atom style graphics into a new system. imagine a game like GTA where your pretty much in a free roaming world environment, these graphics would make the game so much better. same can be said for any first person shooter game.

IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 06:35 AM   #18
Dream36
Pole Position
 
Dream36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Delaware
Posts: 393
Default

I have been on xbox since the beginning (yes I had an original modded box). I have to say the direction microsoft has been going ever since the home screen update has been absolute crap. For example, if you do not have your xbox gold you cant play any games on the hard drive, nor netflix, etc. It is complete bull**** that I had to go a week without using my console all because I forgot my yearly subscription was due to expire. So for now, I have a one month free trial thingy to get by till payday.

The worst part of this new console is the lack of reverse playability. I cant even take my games over to the new console (probably will lose all my data on minecraft at that). I am also a season pass holder for BO2, and we still have two map packs due to come out (so we can get our money worth of that pass). I mean I just hit level 55 on Alcatraz last week. All that data will be lost on the new console.

Its sad that microsoft said screw you to all their current members and just made this to make more money. When the 360 first came out there were maybe 2% of the original owners that held out, I forsee the same thing happening here as no one wants to spend that kind of money (except kids which is whole nother problem with xbox live).

I think Ill be switching to the PS4 or something, depending on the games on this new console. With my orginal xbox, It has over 3000 games on the hard drive, with my original 360, I had survived two RRofD's (one was warranteed the second was not), that console is in my brothers house. My 360S just became a huge paper weight now, I imagine the resell price just shot down considerably now.
Dream36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:20 AM   #19
BrettJacks
Lexus Champion
 
BrettJacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,615
Default

If you buy the PS4, do not buy the launch model. That is always a mistake. I've had earlier models of the PS1, PS2, and PS3, and they have all broken. Wait a year or two and let them wrinkle it out.
BrettJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:44 AM   #20
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream36 View Post
It is complete bull**** that I had to go a week without using my console all because I forgot my yearly subscription was due to expire. So for now, I have a one month free trial thingy to get by till payday.
So it's microsoft's fault you 'forgot' to renew? How is that?

Quote:
The worst part of this new console is the lack of reverse playability. I cant even take my games over to the new console (probably will lose all my data on minecraft at that). I am also a season pass holder for BO2, and we still have two map packs due to come out (so we can get our money worth of that pass). I mean I just hit level 55 on Alcatraz last week. All that data will be lost on the new console.
Is that for sure? Game vendors will probably offer upgrades at discounts if so.




Quote:
When the 360 first came out there were maybe 2% of the original owners that held out, I forsee the same thing happening here as no one wants to spend that kind of money (except kids which is whole nother problem with xbox live).
When u say 'held out' you mean didn't upgrade to 360? If that's all Microsoft will be very happy, lol

What is the problem with 'kids' and Xbox live?

Quote:
I think Ill be switching to the PS4 or something, depending on the games on this new console. With my orginal xbox, It has over 3000 games on the hard drive, with my original 360, I had survived two RRofD's (one was warranteed the second was not), that console is in my brothers house. My 360S just became a huge paper weight now, I imagine the resell price just shot down considerably now.
Why is 360s a paperweight, you can stil use it can't you?

How is this different than phones, tablets, computers, cars, etc.?
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:45 AM   #21
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
iTrader: (18)
 
bitkahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Present
Posts: 49,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Has technology increased that significantly over the last 7 years that they need to release a new system? They're releasing it just for the sake of releasing a new system.
Just an in between upgrade. Like PSP -> PSP Go
An 8 core CPU isn't a significant upgrade? Also, maybe this new one can support 4k video which would be amazing.
bitkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:48 AM   #22
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (22)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,164
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream36 View Post
I have been on xbox since the beginning (yes I had an original modded box). I have to say the direction microsoft has been going ever since the home screen update has been absolute crap. For example, if you do not have your xbox gold you cant play any games on the hard drive, nor netflix, etc. It is complete bull**** that I had to go a week without using my console all because I forgot my yearly subscription was due to expire. So for now, I have a one month free trial thingy to get by till payday.

The worst part of this new console is the lack of reverse playability. I cant even take my games over to the new console (probably will lose all my data on minecraft at that). I am also a season pass holder for BO2, and we still have two map packs due to come out (so we can get our money worth of that pass). I mean I just hit level 55 on Alcatraz last week. All that data will be lost on the new console.

Its sad that microsoft said screw you to all their current members and just made this to make more money. When the 360 first came out there were maybe 2% of the original owners that held out, I forsee the same thing happening here as no one wants to spend that kind of money (except kids which is whole nother problem with xbox live).

I think Ill be switching to the PS4 or something, depending on the games on this new console. With my orginal xbox, It has over 3000 games on the hard drive, with my original 360, I had survived two RRofD's (one was warranteed the second was not), that console is in my brothers house. My 360S just became a huge paper weight now, I imagine the resell price just shot down considerably now.
i totally agree. I too have been an Xbox owner for just over ten years and the direction they've been going since the 360's dashboard update back in 08 has been awful. Like you said, many of the big features on the 360 require a Gold membership just to function. While I don't use any of those functions I still find that to be ridiculous.

I'm sticking to handhelds and PC gaming for the time being. The high failure rate of the original 360's, PS2, and fat PS3 is enough reason to wait.
Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:50 AM   #23
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (22)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,164
Default

The controller looks funny too. It's like a cross between the 360 controller and the original Xbox's S controller. I wonder how it will feel in person.
Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 09:01 AM   #24
Dream36
Pole Position
 
Dream36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Delaware
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
So it's microsoft's fault you 'forgot' to renew? How is that?

Is that for sure? Game vendors will probably offer upgrades at discounts if so.

When u say 'held out' you mean didn't upgrade to 360? If that's all Microsoft will be very happy, lol

What is the problem with 'kids' and Xbox live?

Why is 360s a paperweight, you can stil use it can't you?

How is this different than phones, tablets, computers, cars, etc.?
no it isnt microsofts fault I forgot to renew, it is just stupid that you have to pay to use the console other than playing disks. I cant even play my music on it when gold expired, I been a gold member for many years, this is the first time it lapsed and I wasnt really aware of how much you need gold to even use the damn thing.
Think of it like this. you buy a smart phone but can only text or talk unless you pay $20 a month extra to use data (and I aint saying on cell network but wifi instead)

And yeah I waited about a year before getting the 360 because like I said, my old xbox had 3000 games on the hard drive (mostly nintendo, PS1, and sega games)

I get your point though, I was just ranting as I found out about this last night and read up on it. I am all for new products coming out and I am real happy they finally went to a bluray drive, but to not make it backwards compatible is imho an insult to all the current owners.

Oh and the kids, What I mean is there is no need for an 8 year old to be playing zombies etc. I cant stand playing a match on something and hearing someone who is younger than my eldest cursing at me worse than a back ally sailor *****, it just feels wrong. Generally I mute that player but on most the games I play team work is of great importance.
Dream36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 10:07 AM   #25
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
2BENVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,024
Default

Might of missed it but how much are one of these going to run $?
2BENVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 10:08 AM   #26
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 20,659
Default

consoles needed a major upgrade in RAM and video card as those are the primary driving forces for graphics. 512MB ram cannot give you that today. The system ram is pretty much why PC looks way better than current consoles because there is a ton of breathing room for devs to work on. 8gb of RAM will help these systems dramatically. I think this next generation of consoles will last a lot longer than the previous generation. I mean for gods sakes smartphones have 2gb ram now
4TehNguyen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 11:24 AM   #27
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (22)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,164
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream36 View Post
no it isnt microsofts fault I forgot to renew, it is just stupid that you have to pay to use the console other than playing disks. I cant even play my music on it when gold expired, I been a gold member for many years, this is the first time it lapsed and I wasnt really aware of how much you need gold to even use the damn thing.
Think of it like this. you buy a smart phone but can only text or talk unless you pay $20 a month extra to use data (and I aint saying on cell network but wifi instead)

And yeah I waited about a year before getting the 360 because like I said, my old xbox had 3000 games on the hard drive (mostly nintendo, PS1, and sega games)

I get your point though, I was just ranting as I found out about this last night and read up on it. I am all for new products coming out and I am real happy they finally went to a bluray drive, but to not make it backwards compatible is imho an insult to all the current owners.

Oh and the kids, What I mean is there is no need for an 8 year old to be playing zombies etc. I cant stand playing a match on something and hearing someone who is younger than my eldest cursing at me worse than a back ally sailor *****, it just feels wrong. Generally I mute that player but on most the games I play team work is of great importance.
The little kids are the main reason I quit using a headset when playing online. I'm either getting cussed out by a punk eight year old on his dad's account or by some drunk twenty year old playing Halo. The crazy thing is when I have my headset on I don't even talk to them but they flip out on me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BENVD View Post
Might of missed it but how much are one of these going to run $?
They didn't say anything about the price yet. If they are hiding the price then it will probably be expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen View Post
consoles needed a major upgrade in RAM and video card as those are the primary driving forces for graphics. 512MB ram cannot give you that today. The system ram is pretty much why PC looks way better than current consoles because there is a ton of breathing room for devs to work on. 8gb of RAM will help these systems dramatically. I think this next generation of consoles will last a lot longer than the previous generation. I mean for gods sakes smartphones have 2gb ram now
I agree with you. 512MB was good in 2004, but it wasn't too impressive by 2007. If they had went with upgradeable ram we might've been able to keep up gaming PC's a little bit longer. Hopefully 8GB of ram will be enough to last a while.
Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 12:41 PM   #28
Chocolate
Lexus Test Driver
 
Chocolate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 834
Default

Might skip this generation and stick with my 2011 quad core pc and 360. The kinect does not appeal to me at all.
Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 03:35 PM   #29
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 20,659
Default

all you need to know

4TehNguyen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-13, 08:23 PM   #30
BrettJacks
Lexus Champion
 
BrettJacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,615
Default

Quote:
Oh and the kids, What I mean is there is no need for an 8 year old to be playing zombies etc. I cant stand playing a match on something and hearing someone who is younger than my eldest cursing at me worse than a back ally sailor *****, it just feels wrong. Generally I mute that player but on most the games I play team work is of great importance.
I rarely play online on my PS3, but when I do, I usually play on Euro servers so that I can't understand what people are saying :P, plus it's fun to yell MURICA whenever I get a kill.
BrettJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Porsche 911(991) 2014-16 Models Seize Car Chat 220 04-06-16 02:58 PM
Maserati Quattroporte Ermenegildo Zegna Seize Car Chat 9 09-08-13 04:38 AM
Spied: 2014 Jeep Cherokee/Liberty GFerg Car Chat 4 02-22-13 11:56 AM
Well....this did not take long 2014 Vette! 5gears-IS Car Chat 17 02-13-13 04:48 PM
Who also likes the non-F sport version better macmaster IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 30 01-31-13 11:05 AM


Tags
club, hot, playability, reverse, women, xbox, xboxone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved