Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mermaids..The body found (animal planet)

Old 08-13-12, 06:53 AM   #1
sphy1005
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Default Mermaids..The body found (animal planet)

Brother told me about this and I watched it last night. Very interesting, especially if it is real.

I don't see why it can't be possible especially with most of the earth is covered in water..
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 08-13-12, 09:08 AM   #2
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphy1005 View Post
I don't see why it can't be possible especially with most of the earth is covered in water.
Here. NOAA will explain why it probably isn't.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3634...found-noaa.htm

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has released an official statement that answers the question -- "are mermaids real?"

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has released an official statement that answers the question -- "are mermaids real?" "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found," the administration said.Share This Story
61"No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found," the administration said.

The statement was an apparent response to the recent speculation that has been raised about whether the half-human, half-fish creatures really exist.

"Blame the Animal Planet special Mermaids: The Body Found," the NOAA added in an effort to explain why the government agency decided to take a stance against the fabled aquatic creature.

The show was aired in May 2012 as part of the network's Monster Week series and was labeled as a fictional account based on a small number of facts.

And while the the folks at Animal Planet may have stretched the truth, "Mermaids: The Body Found" uses actual CGI images to give its viewers a preview of what a mermaid might look like, if in fact it did exist.

Created and written by Charlie Foley, the film goes on to follow two "scientists" who share details of a supposed secret government investigation that claims to have proof of mermaid existence.

The scientists use clues such as a picture of a "mermaid" taken by two boys with a camera phone in Washington State, as well as remains found inside a shark in South Africa, in order to reconstruct a mermaid. The end result is not quite as attractive as the mythical creatures depicted in Disney movies and cartoons.

"Mermaids" tries to give their claim some credibility by mentioning something known as "The Aquatic Ape Theory," which suggests that human evolution was influenced by a shore-dwelling phase.

Referencing the theory, the Animal Planet show proposes that a specific branch of our human ancestors at one point actually began living in the open sea.

Also citing different cultural references over the years, the film's narrator asserts, "The seafaring Greeks described them . . . as did the Vikings, as did the Chinese during their greatest period of maritime exploration. They are recorded in medieval manuscripts, and even into the 19th century."

While the NOAA's recent statement debunks most, if not all, of the theory's on the Animal Planet show, the most substantial evidence used in the documentary is said to be the photo taken from the Washington State boys, which contains images never before seen of a supposed mermaid washed up on a beach.

The creature was reportedly alive, but was not immediately thought to be a mermaid, as it lacked long beautiful hair, flawless skin and a sparkly lower torso.
Old 08-13-12, 10:09 AM   #3
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (4)

i want to see said pics.

Just a plain cinnabar 98 GS4
A "little" bit of stuff
vwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 10:16 AM   #4
SC400slide
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Jonathan Hoppman SC400slide Jonathan Hoppman Jonny Hoppman
Send a message via Skype™ to SC400slide

That's bogus.
TLN# 49 "Burnt Brownie"
SC400slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 12:04 PM   #5
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
Trader Score: (4)

Send a message via ICQ to Jewcano Send a message via AIM to Jewcano Send a message via MSN to Jewcano Send a message via Yahoo to Jewcano Send a message via Skype™ to Jewcano

^It would be very interesting if a creature like that existed, but one thing that throws the idea off is when they mentioned them swimming with whales in their migration patterns. They stated that they would also hunt with dolphins when forming those bait *****. You would imagine all the research done studying how dolphins feed on those bait ***** with all the other animals as well would yield finds of that 'mermaid' species during their studies.

As I said, it would be VERY interesting if another homonid was found to be living with us on this planet who shared intelligence almost as great as ours. If that's the case.......it either remains to be unknown or it's kept under wraps.

01 GS430 -Yeahhhh awesome ride!
Friendster!!!
Jewcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 08:07 PM   #6
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Thats a very long video looks interesting, from the small portion I watched. Like OP stated the Earth is covered in water and it is said that we know more about outer space than we do the depths of our planet(water). So I am inclined to believe it is possible that there are many creatures we don't know about. If I can recall the largest squid they found was beached and was found to be only a baby.
Old 08-14-12, 08:14 AM   #7
sphy1005
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Releasing that statement could be just a cover up. Just saying.

I figure it's the same with aliens, either you believe or don't. I personally believe there are other life forms somewhere in th universe.

Also the kids had a video not pictures. IF the video is real then that's really cool.
The video from the fishermen were cool too

Underwater life really interests me whether it be large squids, crazy glowing fish or mermaids.
Old 08-14-12, 06:17 PM   #8
1sWt2GS
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (5)

in for pics !

All Stock

If you got a speeding ticket... You're not low enough.

// \\ All SHOW no GO
1sWt2GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 10:08 AM   #9
Stormforge
executive matchup

Send a message via MSN to Stormforge

it's fake guys. see editor's note in link below: this two-hour special is science fiction based on some real events and scientific theory.

link: http://press.discovery.com/ekits/mon...s-release.html

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Obsidian/Black (fully loaded Cdn version) - For GSh mod list, click here

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Aurora White Pearl/Black - Package C (Ultra Premium Package)

JDM fog light junkie
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 10:08 AM

Tags
2005, actual, africa, animal, boys, classifieds, found, mermaid, mobile, mybb, pet, phone, picture, planet, powered, south, state, washington