Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: How many speeding tickets do you have?
0 19 38.00%
1 12 24.00%
2-3 7 14.00%
3+ 12 24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Speeding Tickets?

Old 03-30-11, 11:21 AM   #31
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

AlastorVyohr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex View Post
HOLY CRAP! Check out our premiums in NY.

My wife and I have NO accidents OR speeders on our record in the last 5yrs (they came off a while ago). She has a new Honda Accord and I have my Lexus...we currently pay almost $2k/yr AND we JUST switched to Nationwide (from Geico) and are now saving over $1K/yr.

I knew insurance was high here in NY but I didn't think it was THAT high compared to other parts of the country. So basically you are paying around $600 bucks or so for your entire auto policy WITH A LOT of speeders? Please tell me that this is only a 6-month policy. I will cry if you tell me it's a full year policy...this means I (just for my car) am paying almost TWICE the amount that your paying simply because I live in a different state.

I should tell my wife we should move. lol

Oh, AND Texas has NO INCOME tax! Crap, I really gotta get out of here.
In Colorado, I'm presently paying $148.50 a month for basic liability on my 18 year old jeep.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
LunaVyohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 11:24 AM   #32
Rock-a-Lex
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN_VY View Post
Oh I wish that was my yearly rate. That is MONTHLY So yeah, i don't think it would make much of a difference if you were to come down here
Wow, I was gonna say...
SRT Stage III supercharger-Spearco intercooler-RC 440cc-Walbro 255lph-AEM FIC-8-S&S Headers-Borla SS-PI TC-3.76 LSD-B&M SuperCooler-Bilstein PSS-Daizen sway bars-Sportline STBs-19" Ace Forged 2-pc-Bridgestone RE0760 sports-Brembo X/S-Akebono ProACT-L-Sportline kit-RMM grille-'01+ headlights & tails
Dyno: 5/15/10 - 275.4whp/287wtq w/275's on 19" 72* (I/H/E/NEO)
Dyno: ....coming. (H/E/SC)
Rock-a-Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 11:27 AM   #33
Rock-a-Lex
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
$2k for full coverage on 2 cars and 2 drivers in your age bracket isn't bad for our area.
Yes, it isn't bad at all! When I was at $3K/yr with Geico I felt I was paying too much; that's what prompted me to switch and I wound up saving $1K. I suggest everyone shop out their auto insurance policies - it saved me a lot of money.
Old 03-30-11, 11:29 AM   #34
Rock-a-Lex
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaVyohr View Post
In Colorado, I'm presently paying $148.50 a month for basic liability on my 18 year old jeep.
So you're premium runs around $1800/yr. How old are you? I am 31. FYI, when I was 19 with a 1992 Acura Legend I was paying around $2700/yr just for liability insurance...I did have one speeder and one accident though.
Old 04-07-11, 02:56 PM   #35
NugenLs400
Driver School Candidate

I have only received one ticket for speeding and it wasn't with my lexus, it was when i still had my cressida and my girlfriend was driving next to me so i sped up to get in front of her. she changed lanes and sped past me goin about 85-90, i had only been driving for 3-6 months so i was pretty reckless at the time. i turned overdrive off and ran past her goin 110-115. thats when the trooper came out of the shadows haven't really done much speeding other than the speed of traffic which isnt that bad, in the fast lane i always go 70-80 with the other cars around me

And my insurance is around 1300 for 6 months just liability because of this ticket

Last edited by NugenLs400; 04-07-11 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: too add more about insurance
NugenLs400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 07:20 PM   #36
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

I used to run 110-120 everywhere I went. I worked nights so there was never any traffic but looking back it was amazing I lived through some of it. I was one ticket from losing my license. I've slowed down a lot now and gotten smarter about when I do speed (by that I mean I got a scanner). Highest over the speed limit was 99 in a 55.

'93 SC3 Auto: Enkei & Falken (EXE in storage), Eibach & Tokico, Injen Short Ram, LS400 BBK, Daizen LCA & SB Bushings, Borla exhaust, Seibon OEM style hood
Enigma8246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 07:21 PM   #37
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Actually, the first time I got married her parents had the same insurance company as me and they made her parents sign a document saying that they wouldn't let me drive their vehicles.

'93 SC3 Auto: Enkei & Falken (EXE in storage), Eibach & Tokico, Injen Short Ram, LS400 BBK, Daizen LCA & SB Bushings, Borla exhaust, Seibon OEM style hood
Enigma8246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 07:58 PM   #38
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

I have probably paid for two mayors retirement packages.....blasted youth lol
Old 04-07-11, 08:02 PM   #39
JessePS

yishai_ettebe jesteraver

Zero to this date. I try and do everything to avoid getting one.

I probably jinxed myself by saying that :/ I better drive like "grandma" tomorrow.
JessePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 08:51 PM   #40
breadbeat
Pole Position

How many tickets? Too many to even count. I have paid thousands of dollars in fines driving fast in junk cars,chevy celebrity,volvo,blazer,mercury sable. The gs is the best performing car I have ever owned and have never got a ticket in it. I guess Im smarter now, I rarely speed on major highways anymore.
So let me give some advice to the young fellas out there;
If you are going to speed try to make sure you are not drunk!
This is very important,and also for GOD's sake,
PUT YOUR WEED IN YOUR TRUNK!!
Dont ride around with seeds and stems falling out of your ashtray.
Oh yeah, my highest ticket was 5 points for doing 93 in a 30, $530 dollar fine.
Yes that is more than triple the speed limit. Dont judge me.
Now I will leave you with a trivia question....................
Does anyone know the difference between "driving" and 'traveling"???????????????
breadbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 12:47 AM   #41
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

you folks need to take the bus !
dunnojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:57 AM   #42
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadbeat View Post
How many tickets? Too many to even count. I have paid thousands of dollars in fines driving fast in junk cars,chevy celebrity,volvo,blazer,mercury sable. The gs is the best performing car I have ever owned and have never got a ticket in it. I guess Im smarter now, I rarely speed on major highways anymore.
So let me give some advice to the young fellas out there;
If you are going to speed try to make sure you are not drunk!
This is very important,and also for GOD's sake,
PUT YOUR WEED IN YOUR TRUNK!!
Dont ride around with seeds and stems falling out of your ashtray.
Oh yeah, my highest ticket was 5 points for doing 93 in a 30, $530 dollar fine.
Yes that is more than triple the speed limit. Dont judge me.
Now I will leave you with a trivia question....................
Does anyone know the difference between "driving" and 'traveling"???????????????
I think you'll find this educational video to be useful if you keep marijuana in your car -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Even for non-marijuana users who occasionally speed, it's a terrific video to watch.
syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 07:55 AM   #43
breadbeat
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
I think you'll find this educational video to be useful if you keep marijuana in your car -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Even for non-marijuana users who occasionally speed, it's a terrific video to watch.
Good find! That is a great video for anybody to watch and I have seen it many times. However ,I dont smoke pot but allot of my friends do and I am surprised when I get in their cars, the amount of stuff that is in plain sight.So if they were to get pulled over for speeding or even something as simple as a burnt out taillight, It would be a much bigger problem than a 50 dollar ticket. Now I dont have anything against pot at all. I think you should be able to do what you wanna do with you life. But if you are going to do something illegal,at least do it in the smartest way possible.
breadbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:39 AM   #44
JessePS

yishai_ettebe jesteraver

I will watch the video later. I wonder how cops would feel if I told them they need a warrant to search my car if I got stopped for speeding or I'd just call my attorney and have him come. I don't care if you are the law or God, you do not **** with me.

I should try and get an app with all the laws of Quebec and Canada, would be another big finger to the law.

As per the police walking into the person house, I would have told them leave and if they refused, I would call the police to have them be removed from my property for trespassing. Here in Quebec a guy got off for killing a cop that kicked down his door.

Last edited by JessePS; 04-08-11 at 11:47 AM..
JessePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 12:51 PM   #45
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Never gets old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
Old 04-08-11, 12:51 PM

Tags
9460, club, lexus, months, ohio, speeding, tickets, virginia