Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: How many speeding tickets do you have?
0 19 38.00%
1 12 24.00%
2-3 7 14.00%
3+ 12 24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Speeding Tickets?

Old 03-26-11, 03:38 PM   #16
excluesive
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)

knock on wood, got one speeding ticket just about 5 years ago, 74 in a 65, driving from KY to NY, paid a 280 dollar fine and that was all. I'm 25, got license at 17.

Honestly I was going 95 in a 65, cop in MD (couldn't believe it), had dark tints and driving a g35. I know I am a very lucky person and take driving as a privilege.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

This is an internet forum, reading comprehension is key.
excluesive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 05:58 PM   #17
abounly
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (26)

i NEVER! gotten one i think the fastest i've done was 120 or something 2 years ago.

Now that i am pretty slammed i does not allow me to speed. Plus gas being so expensive its not worth it anymore
abounly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:25 PM   #18
Micaiah
Trader Score: (0)

This is a baited question. I refuse to admit ANYTHING!!!!!!

F-Sport: wheels 19" | BBK | exhaust | sway bar kit | carbon fiber shift **** | mats | springs | shocks | intake

2003 IS300

2003 IS300 SportCross
Micaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 03:46 PM   #19
infinus
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micaiah View Post
This is a baited question. I refuse to admit ANYTHING!!!!!!
Everything I said is fictional and should not be considered in any way truthful
Old 03-27-11, 05:00 PM   #20
Redpaste
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (4)

Pulled over 5 times for speeding. 3 tickets were issued, 2 were warnings.

So I decided to buy a new 9500xi, just to be pulled over in Va. for a radar detector. Go figure.
Old 03-27-11, 05:31 PM   #21
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (14)

@MrG4Life
Send a message via AIM to MrG4Life

I have zero but I always tell myself that I'll get caught unless I get a high quality radar detector or I just stop speeding altogether. I do not speed as much as I use too like I did several years ago.

2004 Black Onyx GS300
“Success is there for those who want it, plan for it and take action to achieve it.” - Jim Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-SC300 View Post
The 2GS is still the sexiest GS ever made. The other generations are all nice as well....but 2GS is king IMO.
MrG4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:05 PM   #22
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)

Are we talking about lifetime? I've been driving for nearly 25 years and I have at least 7 speeding tickets overall. The end of 2009 to early 2010 I somehow managed to get 3 speeding tickets within 6 months. Ironically my insurance kept going down Up until that point though I hadn't gotten a speeding ticket in about 5 years.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 03-31-11 at 12:55 AM..
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:29 PM   #23
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

My insurance doesn't get increased unless I currently have more than 2 tickets on my license. Thankfully they clear every 3 years, so basically I always have 2 tickets.

The Passport has definitely helped....maybe I'll get down to one someday.

2011 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
2010 X5 35d Space Grey

2008 ISF SGM (Gone but never forgotten!)
2005 RX330 Flint Mica (Gone but not forgotten!)
CDNROCKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:34 PM   #24
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Lucky you guys can use radar detectors. Police here don't use radar, only laser, so our best bet is active laser jamming. I have a few friends with then and it works great.
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:40 PM   #25
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

AlastorVyohr

I don't have any speeding tickets. However, I've gotten one ticket for careless driving when I rear-ended someone. That was when I first received my license - I was seventeen and I wasn't paying attention. Then, about six months later, I was caught doing doughnuts in a parking lot and was charged with reckless driving. I lost my license for three months. I do not speed or do stupid **** anymore - it's just not worth it. I like having the privilege to drive too much.
LunaVyohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 03:38 AM   #26
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS

ive been driving for about 10 years now (geez i feel old saying that lol) ive had my fair share of everything. guess i had to get it out of my system. i think ive had a total of 4 or 5 speeding tickets. after a while i started to realize its not worth it and i havent had a ticket is close to 2 years now.

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD – Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-11, 08:05 PM   #27
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

I've had way too many. To the point that liability runs me 120.00, and full coverage 400+ I started driving late when I first bought my GS3 at 19, so I guess I still haven't gotten "it" out of my system. Fastest I was caught was 94/60, although I think the cop decided to give me a break, as I sure as heck was going way faster than that! I hope that I can get "it" out of my system soon.... This is enough!

Uas, Srt. TTE, Brembo etc etc..... Totaled 3/06/11
A new beginning......
EN_VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 06:32 AM   #28
Rock-a-Lex
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN_VY View Post
I've had way too many. To the point that liability runs me 120.00, and full coverage 400+ I started driving late when I first bought my GS3 at 19, so I guess I still haven't gotten "it" out of my system. Fastest I was caught was 94/60, although I think the cop decided to give me a break, as I sure as heck was going way faster than that! I hope that I can get "it" out of my system soon.... This is enough!
HOLY CRAP! Check out our premiums in NY.

My wife and I have NO accidents OR speeders on our record in the last 5yrs (they came off a while ago). She has a new Honda Accord and I have my Lexus...we currently pay almost $2k/yr AND we JUST switched to Nationwide (from Geico) and are now saving over $1K/yr.

I knew insurance was high here in NY but I didn't think it was THAT high compared to other parts of the country. So basically you are paying around $600 bucks or so for your entire auto policy WITH A LOT of speeders? Please tell me that this is only a 6-month policy. I will cry if you tell me it's a full year policy...this means I (just for my car) am paying almost TWICE the amount that your paying simply because I live in a different state.

I should tell my wife we should move. lol

Oh, AND Texas has NO INCOME tax! Crap, I really gotta get out of here.
SRT Stage III supercharger-Spearco intercooler-RC 440cc-Walbro 255lph-AEM FIC-8-S&S Headers-Borla SS-PI TC-3.76 LSD-B&M SuperCooler-Bilstein PSS-Daizen sway bars-Sportline STBs-19" Ace Forged 2-pc-Bridgestone RE0760 sports-Brembo X/S-Akebono ProACT-L-Sportline kit-RMM grille-'01+ headlights & tails
Dyno: 5/15/10 - 275.4whp/287wtq w/275's on 19" 72* (I/H/E/NEO)
Dyno: ....coming. (H/E/SC)
Rock-a-Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 09:50 AM   #29
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex View Post

My wife and I have NO accidents OR speeders on our record in the last 5yrs (they came off a while ago). She has a new Honda Accord and I have my Lexus...we currently pay almost $2k/yr AND we JUST switched to Nationwide (from Geico) and are now saving over $1K/yr.

I knew insurance was high here in NY but I didn't think it was THAT high compared to other parts of the country. So basically you are paying around $600 bucks or so for your entire auto policy WITH A LOT of speeders? Please tell me that this is only a 6-month policy. I will cry if you tell me it's a full year policy...this means I (just for my car) am paying almost TWICE the amount that your paying simply because I live in a different state.

Oh I wish that was my yearly rate. That is MONTHLY So yeah, i don't think it would make much of a difference if you were to come down here

Uas, Srt. TTE, Brembo etc etc..... Totaled 3/06/11
A new beginning......
EN_VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 10:05 AM   #30
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex View Post

$2k for full coverage on 2 cars and 2 drivers in your age bracket isn't bad for our area.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 10:05 AM

Tags
9460, club, lexus, months, ohio, speeding, tickets, virginia