Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TRON: Legacy - AMAZONS Biggest Selling Blu Ray EVAR!

Old 03-18-11, 12:48 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Thumbs up TRON: Legacy - AMAZONS Biggest Selling Blu Ray EVAR!

Based on early pre-order and Blu-ray hourly bestsellers chart.

Not surprising. The movie was phenomenal and MUST be watched in High Def to be fully appreciated!

Quote:
Click the image to open in full size.

Tron: Legacy starring Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and Jeff Bridges is now officially a big deal at online retailer Amazon.com. Since first appearing on the site a few days ago, it now occupies the first, second and third top spots on the Blu-ray hourly bestsellers chart.

To my knowledge no other Blu-ray release has ever accomplished this feat.

A closer inspection of Amazon's Tron: Legacy Blu-ray listings tells us a couple intriguing things. First, all three of the skus on the bestsellers list include the Blu-ray 3D version so Disney's speculative plan to put the Blu-ray 3D version in as many homes as possible seems to be working. They are in order: The five-disc set with Tron Legacy on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 2D, DVD, digital copy and Tron: The Original Classic on Blu-ray; the Limited Edition set that includes everything in the five-disc set along with an exclusive identity disc case that lights up; and the four-disc combo pack that includes everything in the five-disc set except for Tron: The Original Classic.

In addition, each of these listings is marked with an April 5 release date which is right around when we were expecting Tron: Legacy in stores. If you already locked in a pre-order then you have an idea of when it will arrive. If you haven't then you seem to be in the minority.
I will just settle for the Tron: Legacy (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy) (2010)

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 07:42 PM   #2
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Snagged mine today while up at SAMS Club. They had it playing on a Sammy 55" LCD 240hz! Folks just standing around admiring. Will be popping it in real soon...

Old 04-09-11, 09:32 PM   #3
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Snagged mine today while up at SAMS Club. They had it playing on a Sammy 55" LCD 240hz! Folks just standing around admiring. Will be popping it in real soon...

On a TV like that, doesn't it make the film look "too real"? I personally havent seen it on a 240hz tv, but i've been told it makes the movie look really bad.. for example, shields looking like cheap plastic, etc..

2006 is250 awd blk/blk
mlee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 10:13 PM   #4
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

I saw it on the airplane so any amazing special effects and sound were likely lost on me. From that perspective, it seemed more like a 90 minute long Daft Punk music video than anything else. There's nothing wrong with it, so long as it's judged as that rather than an actual movie.

If the PQ/SQ is really that brilliant, I might give it another chance on the HT setup at home.
gengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 11:11 PM   #5
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Does Sam's match Amazon's price? I only ask because it's $24.99 with free standard shipping right now for that same 4 pack, so you knocked it up about $10 there. You could get another BR from Amazon for that and get more bang for your bucks, mang.

Just a thought...

Big Mack

PS: I haven't seen the movie, so thanks for not spoiling it (not sure if you can, but hey...)

PSS: Since I never saw the original, is it necessary to watch that first? A friend said no, but would it lead to better understanding of the story?

To my fallen brethren, you are not forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are not forgiven.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 12:54 PM   #6
bad co
Lexus Champion

I got the 3D one, I cant wait to watch it again!
bad co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 12:55 PM   #7
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

And I usually do BM. I am a AMAZON Hoarder lol!

In this case I was up there, it was in front of me, had to have it.

And gengar... Trust me when I say this... This is one of those movies you want to demonstrate your Home Theater setup on! And it's in DTS-HD 7.1 master audio!
Old 04-10-11, 12:56 PM   #8
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

BM, you don't have to have seen the first one at all. It is a stand alone flick. And they answer what happened in the first one anyway early on.
Old 04-10-11, 01:35 PM   #9
kbb
Pole Position
Trader Score: (8)

Possible spoiler....

Movie was visually stunning enough to keep me on the hook...but the story and acting sucked *****. Jeff Bridges 'younger' CG self was not convincing in the face to look at at all. With all that being said...it WILL be a part of my collection.
kbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 03:13 PM   #10
bad co
Lexus Champion

Amazon, is like crack its just way to simple to buy stuff XD.
Old 04-10-11, 06:31 PM   #11
bad co
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vApor21 View Post
On a TV like that, doesn't it make the film look "too real"? I personally havent seen it on a 240hz tv, but i've been told it makes the movie look really bad.. for example, shields looking like cheap plastic, etc..
You are spot on with that, it looks like poo on my LED 3D TV even with motion flow off, but it looks stunning on my DLP in my basement.
Old 04-10-11, 09:03 PM   #12
revel
Rookie

otakurevel

i really enjoyed it on my sony 3d tv. some movies (usually the older ones) and tv shows will look too real, but you get used to it and after a few months you dont notice anymore...least i dont notice it anymore
revel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 09:51 PM   #13
UDel
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by revel View Post
i really enjoyed it on my sony 3d tv. some movies (usually the older ones) and tv shows will look too real, but you get used to it and after a few months you dont notice anymore...least i dont notice it anymore
For older movies you should go on Cinema mode on the Sony. Having it on vivid or standard is way too much for older movies and will make them look terrible. If you go to AVSforum.com and search your model tv you will most likely find members who share their setting after they normally finetune them with software.

It has been a while since I saw the original TRON, I have never seen the original on DVD or Blueray. Jeff Bridges had 2 big money makers very close to each other with "TRON" and "True Grit" in 2010 after winning the Oscar for "Crazy Heart". He has been getting some good parts and giving great performances lately.
Old 04-11-11, 11:22 AM   #14
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

It really is amazing how the newer 240hz HD TV's make movies look like live broadcasts (news, soap operas, sports). To a degree I am okay, but on certain movies it takes away and certainly was NOT the desire of the film makers. But the tech is suhweet!
Old 04-11-11, 06:37 PM   #15
sleeper408
Trader Score: (6)

I watched this a few nights ago on Blu-Ray and it was amazing!!

Photos of my '98 GS400
sleeper408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 06:37 PM

Tags
blu, case, chapters, code, copy, deal, digital, disc, dvd, edition, identity, legacy, limited, ray, tron