Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   The Clubhouse (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-clubhouse-20/)
-   -   Cosplay- Comic Con (The Mother thread) (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-clubhouse/552230-cosplay-comic-con-the-mother-thread.html)

IntegresS 02-10-11 01:25 PM

Cosplay- Comic Con (The Mother thread)

I'm going to the ultra nerd fest EDIT 2012 (Comic Con)
2013 Update:
Harley Quinn from Injustice
https://sphotos-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/h...40177255_n.jpg

2012:
I am dressing up as Harley Quinn. But not the comic book Harley, the new Harley from the Batman: Arkham City game:

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/d/d9/Harley.jpg

I have my costume now :)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...09777403_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...85063273_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...11877345_n.jpg

I know it took me FOREVER but, it's here! Hair is bleached, I've got the outfit...and practice round is this weekend at Wonder Con 2012 in Anaheim CA :D

I AM STOKED!! Just had to update ^_^

don 02-10-11 02:54 PM

NorCal or SoCal, there should be tons of asian alteration shops you can go to. That's the same thing as sewing right?

G Star 02-10-11 04:44 PM

Doesn't seem too hard to pull off, depends how you want to go about all of this.

You can just go to a tailor and have it custom made, bringing accessories, etc. Or you can find all of the clothing you need in both colors and have the tailor put it together.

First thing I'd suggest you to do is go to some Hollywood studio/costume warehouses with that picture and see what you can get from that.

RA40 02-10-11 05:38 PM

Most the good shops will be able to accommodate.
Last time I went was back in '07 I think. Crazy...;)

CrazySC300 02-10-11 05:38 PM

Damn, Tickets went on sale on Saturday and they're already sold out...Oh wellz! I'm not too hardcore about that geek stuff anyways...Have fun! :)

IntegresS 02-11-11 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalDon (Post 6136012)
NorCal or SoCal, there should be tons of asian alteration shops you can go to. That's the same thing as sewing right?

Haha, I think they just do alterations, but I doubt they'd make the costume for me :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by G Star (Post 6136264)
Doesn't seem too hard to pull off, depends how you want to go about all of this.

You can just go to a tailor and have it custom made, bringing accessories, etc. Or you can find all of the clothing you need in both colors and have the tailor put it together.

First thing I'd suggest you to do is go to some Hollywood studio/costume warehouses with that picture and see what you can get from that.

Yeah, I just need to find a tailor who will put it all together as opposed to one that just fixes seams and does minor alterations =/ Looks like i'm going scavenger hunting! ^_^

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazySC300 (Post 6136445)
Damn, Tickets went on sale on Saturday and they're already sold out...Oh wellz! I'm not too hardcore about that geek stuff anyways...Have fun! :)

Hellllll yeah! I got up at 8am Saturday to sit in front of two computers and click refresh over and over for about an hour until ticket leap finally allowed the sale to go through. Damn them for using ticket leap, inferior vendor! haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by RA40 (Post 6136441)
Most the good shops will be able to accommodate.
Last time I went was back in '07 I think. Crazy...;)

I sure hope so! I've been looking on Yelp but no luck so far! And in all of the cosplay forums I've looked through, it seems most people make their own costumes from scratch O_o....

DonCorleone 02-11-11 08:34 AM

Looks simple enough. Buy a red corset, with the vertical lines if you can and then highlight it with black stitching (or even black fabric pen). Add the leather belts and rivet buttons. Would look fine in person and great in pics.

Get one red tank and one black tanktop, cut it down the middle and join back together, there looks like a button strip so that could hide any ugly seams. Do the same with the bra and the pants. Pants you'll prob have to go with tights/leggings, but I'm sure some of the "adult" costume places will have black leathery type pants in black and red. Add a stitch down the front center of the thigh and the diamond logos. The part between the belt and the red/black legs might be an issue, I'd skip it altogether.

^mostly straight stitches, dissecting already made stuff and putting it back together is much easier than going from scratch. Only curves that I could see would be on the corset, but a little practice on a sewing machine on some scrap should make you more confident.

Belt should be an off the shelf item as well as the arm warmer/tubesock condom things.

I'd say the boots are your biggest item, it's gonna be hard to find something that looks like that. You could always buy plain boots and some scrap vinyl, sew the edges, and make patches and glue them on. That way you aren't trying to make shoes or resort to buying 2 pair of expensive azz boots, but then again, if you're like any girl I know, having to buy new shoes isn't a terrible proposition lol.

I'm not a cosplay dude but I made a Pai Mei costume years ago for Halloween that, in my opinion is head and shoulders better than anything I've seen online. And I have virtually no sewing ability, I bought a $20 travel sewing machine from Target and planned/bought items that I could easily modify to fit my needs. Everything else was hand stitched, wasn't hard and wasn't too intensive. Isn't the best looking stitchwork but unless you're looking underneath at the construction you'd never know. Costume won me a contest at the club that I didn't even enter in and got a lot of attention, but that's not the same level as the geek mecca, is it? I wanted to go to Comiccon this year just so I can get some more mileage out of it but I didn't know tix were already sold out. Maybe I'll throw it on ebay and get some money back out of it.

Allen K 02-11-11 09:42 AM

^^ Good tips. So what kind of time commitment do you think she's looking at?

IntegresS 02-11-11 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonCorleone (Post 6137869)
Looks simple enough. Buy a red corset, with the vertical lines if you can and then highlight it with black stitching (or even black fabric pen). Add the leather belts and rivet buttons. Would look fine in person and great in pics.

Get one red tank and one black tanktop, cut it down the middle and join back together, there looks like a button strip so that could hide any ugly seams. Do the same with the bra and the pants. Pants you'll prob have to go with tights/leggings, but I'm sure some of the "adult" costume places will have black leathery type pants in black and red. Add a stitch down the front center of the thigh and the diamond logos. The part between the belt and the red/black legs might be an issue, I'd skip it altogether.

^mostly straight stitches, dissecting already made stuff and putting it back together is much easier than going from scratch. Only curves that I could see would be on the corset, but a little practice on a sewing machine on some scrap should make you more confident.

Belt should be an off the shelf item as well as the arm warmer/tubesock condom things.

I'd say the boots are your biggest item, it's gonna be hard to find something that looks like that. You could always buy plain boots and some scrap vinyl, sew the edges, and make patches and glue them on. That way you aren't trying to make shoes or resort to buying 2 pair of expensive azz boots, but then again, if you're like any girl I know, having to buy new shoes isn't a terrible proposition lol.

I'm not a cosplay dude but I made a Pai Mei costume years ago for Halloween that, in my opinion is head and shoulders better than anything I've seen online. And I have virtually no sewing ability, I bought a $20 travel sewing machine from Target and planned/bought items that I could easily modify to fit my needs. Everything else was hand stitched, wasn't hard and wasn't too intensive. Isn't the best looking stitchwork but unless you're looking underneath at the construction you'd never know. Costume won me a contest at the club that I didn't even enter in and got a lot of attention, but that's not the same level as the geek mecca, is it? I wanted to go to Comiccon this year just so I can get some more mileage out of it but I didn't know tix were already sold out. Maybe I'll throw it on ebay and get some money back out of it.

Ohh, thanks for the tips!

I was actually thinking of doing that, as a last resort, but I’m not too confident in my abilities to sew it together without looking like a fool haha. But I’ve been searching for two tops and two pants and then thinking about how I’d cut them in half and sew back together—

The shoes, I actually thought would be the easiest—I’m just going to buy two pairs of boots (poor me hahahaha)—while they won’t be exact, they will be close enough =]

The corset is the hardest to find so far—unfortunately…..

I found one place who will make the costume, but I’m going to ask for a quote. If it’s too ridiculous in pricing, ::sigh:: I guess I’ll have to make my own

But thanks much for the tips!!! I knew there had to be at least one other person on here into the costumes haha

(And Comic Con sold out the first day- I spent 50 minutes on the website trying to buy the tickets online because Ticket Leap sucks and couldn’t handle the capacity at the time…but I got through, bought the tickets and now I’m on a mission to be harley quinn) :D

DonCorleone 02-11-11 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen K (Post 6138000)
^^ Good tips. So what kind of time commitment do you think she's looking at?

No clue man, I always take my sweet time the first time doing something so it takes way longer than it should. But the main part about sewing two pants and two shirts together and sewing the black outlines on the corset, I'd say you could do that on a Saturday and be done well before dinner. The detail and trim work will take a little longer to get it to look just right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntegresS (Post 6138124)
Ohh, thanks for the tips!

I was actually thinking of doing that, as a last resort, but I’m not too confident in my abilities to sew it together without looking like a fool haha. But I’ve been searching for two tops and two pants and then thinking about how I’d cut them in half and sew back together—

The shoes, I actually thought would be the easiest—I’m just going to buy two pairs of boots (poor me hahahaha)—while they won’t be exact, they will be close enough =]

The corset is the hardest to find so far—unfortunately…..

I found one place who will make the costume, but I’m going to ask for a quote. If it’s too ridiculous in pricing, ::sigh:: I guess I’ll have to make my own

But thanks much for the tips!!! I knew there had to be at least one other person on here into the costumes haha

(And Comic Con sold out the first day- I spent 50 minutes on the website trying to buy the tickets online because Ticket Leap sucks and couldn’t handle the capacity at the time…but I got through, bought the tickets and now I’m on a mission to be harley quinn) :D

Since you're in Cali... Idk NorCal or Socal, but find a mexican seamstress who does custom Quinceañera dresses, depending on where you go it might be a lot cheaper than someone who specializes in costumes. Heck any decent dry cleaner that does "alterations" should be able to do the bulk of what you need (joining two halves and the detail on the corset)

Red corsets can't be that hard to find? hit up Vickies or Fredericks or Hustler/adult shop. Online prob has even more. Cut off the bra part of it and finish the edges? Or get a form fitting red vest and put the laces on it?

If I can have a tailor fit a suit for $80 which seems much more complicated with lining and shaping to fit me, I'd be pretty offended if someone wanted to charge me much more for something that (in theory) is as simple as a straight stitch to join two halves. Then again I hate paying ppl to do something when I can learn and do it myself. Cus that way if I wanna fuss and be anal, I can just fix it myself.

Pics when you get done, promise to not leghump.

don 02-11-11 02:24 PM

Something like this?
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs36/300W...cro_Agalma.jpg

joshthorsc 02-11-11 07:08 PM

^^Lol!

Anyway, sounds like fun although I cannot help you with any advice for your costume. Be sure to take lots of pics and posted here if you can.

1993ES300x 02-11-11 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalDon (Post 6138718)

i'm freaking ROLLING up in here!!! LOL LOL

wish i could go to comic con over there.. NYC doesn't have as much of a event.

If the Joker was still alive the next Batman movie could of included Hardy...

CrazySC300 02-13-11 06:47 PM

Forget that Harley Quinn costume! Jennifer and Rady should just go to Comic Con dressed like these folks...It's cheaper too! :p

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...orphsuits2.jpg

alwayzspeedin 02-14-11 03:25 AM

http://i55.tinypic.com/23h21wx.jpg

wanna meet me there INTEGRESS?
this is my costume.