Old 02-14-11, 06:43 AM   #16
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

integress IntegresS_250 Integress integress
Send a message via AIM to IntegresS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
No clue man, I always take my sweet time the first time doing something so it takes way longer than it should. But the main part about sewing two pants and two shirts together and sewing the black outlines on the corset, I'd say you could do that on a Saturday and be done well before dinner. The detail and trim work will take a little longer to get it to look just right.

Since you're in Cali... Idk NorCal or Socal, but find a mexican seamstress who does custom Quinceañera dresses, depending on where you go it might be a lot cheaper than someone who specializes in costumes. Heck any decent dry cleaner that does "alterations" should be able to do the bulk of what you need (joining two halves and the detail on the corset)

Red corsets can't be that hard to find? hit up Vickies or Fredericks or Hustler/adult shop. Online prob has even more. Cut off the bra part of it and finish the edges? Or get a form fitting red vest and put the laces on it?

If I can have a tailor fit a suit for $80 which seems much more complicated with lining and shaping to fit me, I'd be pretty offended if someone wanted to charge me much more for something that (in theory) is as simple as a straight stitch to join two halves. Then again I hate paying ppl to do something when I can learn and do it myself. Cus that way if I wanna fuss and be ****, I can just fix it myself.

Pics when you get done, promise to not leghump.
Haha well, there’s no way I’d be able to get all that done on one day, even if I knew what I was doing ^_^

I did find somebody in the so-cal area who can make it from scratch, but holy moly, the corset ALONE was upwards of $200!!!!!! So….we’ll see…..

I’ve looked for the corset at the adult shops, so far no luck! =( The pic I posted makes it seem more red than it really is—this screenshot shows it to be more of a dark red or burgundy, and it looks pleather…which apparently isn’t too popular of a combo for under-bust corsets hahaha. Annnnd the ones that I found online which were closest in color, still cost about $200!!!! So…… no luck so far!

Click the image to open in full size.

^^ See, more burgundy and leather-ish. :::sigh:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDon View Post
Something like this?
Hahah that’s the ugly harley quinn costume! There’s no way I’ll dress up as that one, ever ever ever!!!! >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshthorsc View Post
^^Lol!

Anyway, sounds like fun although I cannot help you with any advice for your costume. Be sure to take lots of pics and posted here if you can.
haha np, I'll post pics of the updates for any geeks that are interested in cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySC300 View Post
Forget that Harley Quinn costume! Jennifer and Rady should just go to Comic Con dressed like these folks...It's cheaper too!

Hahaha what are they supposed to be…..besides…bright colors? Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayzspeedin View Post

wanna meet me there INTEGRESS?
this is my costume.
ROFL nice one!

I’ll post pics of the progress and final costume; just try not to laugh too hard! This will be my first attempt at cosplay afterall ^_~
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Previous: 11 IS250, 08 IS250, 08 tC, 06 IS350, 05 tC

IntegresS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 08:31 AM   #17
DonCorleone
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (4)

Damn 2 bills?

I like the blood red color of the rendition more than the burgandy of the ingame screenshot.
googlefu at work (I'ma get busted for this hahaha)

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10083787/se...-rubber-corset

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10179818/re...set-sexy-latex

http://www.blisslingerie.net/lace_up..._5628_prd1.htm

even if you got a full corset, having it modified to an underbust with fluting detail should be cheaper than making one from scratch.

and you always have the option of dying vinyl... I believe auto stores carry vinyl dye in a spray can and burgandy is/was a popular color in cars...
DonCorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 01:12 PM   #18
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!
Trader Score: (0)

Not sure if you've heard of Victoria aka 'Cosplay Girl.' She has somewhat of a following since she's been going to these type of events for quite some time with some really nicely done outfits/costumes.

Anyhow, here's a link to her main site. You can see her various outfits and get-ups that she's worn in the past. Also, there's a links & contacts section that has two links for cosplay type attire, accesories clothing and etc.

Here's the link, check it out when you get the chance

http://cosplaygirl.webs.com/
Old 02-15-11, 09:02 AM   #19
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Damn 2 bills?

I like the blood red color of the rendition more than the burgandy of the ingame screenshot.
googlefu at work (I'ma get busted for this hahaha)

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10083787/se...-rubber-corset

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10179818/re...set-sexy-latex

http://www.blisslingerie.net/lace_up..._5628_prd1.htm

even if you got a full corset, having it modified to an underbust with fluting detail should be cheaper than making one from scratch.

and you always have the option of dying vinyl... I believe auto stores carry vinyl dye in a spray can and burgandy is/was a popular color in cars...
Yeah, 2 bills for a corset >_< But it would be pretty much an exact replica …. Ughhh but $200!!!!!!

I checked the links you posted at home (thankfully hahah) and they would all take so much modification to make it look right…I don’t have confidence in my “skills” to do that much modification to them haha Though I suppose if worse comes to worse…. I may have to..

I can’t dye vinyl though hahaha I don’t trust myself with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seize View Post
Not sure if you've heard of Victoria aka 'Cosplay Girl.' She has somewhat of a following since she's been going to these type of events for quite some time with some really nicely done outfits/costumes.

Anyhow, here's a link to her main site. You can see her various outfits and get-ups that she's worn in the past. Also, there's a links & contacts section that has two links for cosplay type attire, accesories clothing and etc.

Here's the link, check it out when you get the chance

http://cosplaygirl.webs.com/

Hmm I’ve never heard of this cosplay girl—Thanks for the link, I’ll check it out ^_~

So far my only progress has been locating boots and bleaching my hair haha

Old 02-16-11, 09:12 AM   #20
DonCorleone
Lead Lap

A coworker of mine does lolita costumes, recommended trying hitting a seamstress up on etsy.com, said they're cheap, idk what her gauge for cheap is, but worth a shot.
Old 02-17-11, 07:04 AM   #21
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
A coworker of mine does lolita costumes, recommended trying hitting a seamstress up on etsy.com, said they're cheap, idk what her gauge for cheap is, but worth a shot.
Oh yeah, Etsy was the first place I checked! They used to have a section called Alchemy, where you could post up “wanted” ads and the people on etsy could place bids and contact you with their prices for making what you’re seeking. Unfortunately, just my luck, that feature was recently disabled……….. haha Soooo, I’d have to just pick random people to send messages to asking if they’d be so kind as to make me a costume =/

But thanks for the suggestion! I wish Etsy still had that feature =/

Old 02-17-11, 10:04 AM   #22
DonCorleone
Lead Lap

lawlz creeper for costume =P
Old 02-23-11, 06:44 AM   #23
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Update! Progress has been made!

My boots have arrived ^_^ I am 10% Harley Quinn

Yeah, so they aren't exact, but....they are good enough for me. I highly doubt anybody's going to be looking at my feet much anyway.

This weekend I'm going in for my fitting-- I am commissioning somebody to make the core of the costume =]

Annnnnnd I bought Ben Nye White Face powder, which by the way, I had to go hunting for all weekend! One little magic shop (Yes magic shop) in Anaheim had it. Along with a gun that says BANG! when the trigger is pulled =]

I'm getting closer
Attached Images

Old 04-27-11, 06:55 PM   #24
don
Lexus Champion

don.trinh donsjsu

2010 SFP Lexus IS350
F-Sport, GFX, JP Vizage, Forgestar

TLN# null
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 10:54 PM   #25
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

There are chicks that post in these forums? I always thought it was just a giant cockfest, lol.

Anyway, the new harley quinn costume is hot, and if you got the body that can pull it off, than I can't wait to see the pics.

Ps, lucky that you're going to comic con! I've always wanted to go, never had before. Maybe next year.
Fear of the Unknown...They are afraid of New Ideas...They're loaded with Prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately; because it is Frightening to Me. What they do instead, is just Stay with the Familiar. You know, to me, The Most Beautiful things in all the Universe, are The Most Mysterious.
SaintNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 01:22 PM   #26
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
There are chicks that post in these forums? I always thought it was just a giant cockfest, lol.

Anyway, the new harley quinn costume is hot, and if you got the body that can pull it off, than I can't wait to see the pics.

Ps, lucky that you're going to comic con! I've always wanted to go, never had before. Maybe next year.
Hahahaha

Oh there will be plenty of pics, trust me ^_^ Trying to get a somewhat professional looking photoshoot together just for it!

Costume is still being made, I go for a fitting in May and the costume should be finished by the end of June

Old 04-28-11, 01:52 PM   #27
don
Lexus Champion

don.trinh donsjsu

Wow still being made after 3 months? You must go all out! At least you can reuse it for WonderCon, E3, PAX, Halloween....

2010 SFP Lexus IS350
F-Sport, GFX, JP Vizage, Forgestar

TLN# null
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 10:04 AM   #28
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDon View Post
Wow still being made after 3 months? You must go all out! At least you can reuse it for WonderCon, E3, PAX, Halloween....
It's being custom made just to fit me =) I'll reuse it for sure, but I also bought a BabyDoll (SuckerPunch) costume so...hahaha looks like I'll be dressing up a lot this year ^_^

Old 05-02-11, 11:24 AM   #29
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

AlastorVyohr

I went to Comic-Con two years ago. Awesome experience.
LunaVyohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 06:02 AM   #30
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaVyohr View Post
I went to Comic-Con two years ago. Awesome experience.
Sweet, did you dress up too???

By the way, I bought the baseball bat...it just needs the white stripes

Old 05-03-11, 06:02 AM

Tags
2011, arkham, city, comic, comic con, comiccon, con, cosplay, cosplayers, forum, harley, latex, massachusetts, mei, pai, quinn, seamstress