Register Forgot Password?

Mens Fashion Discussion: Graphic Tees

Old 03-02-10, 05:02 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Question Mens Fashion Discussion: Graphic Tees

No not the gaudy wanna be cage fighter (Affliction) or the please look at how much money I can spend on a bright-*** t-shirt (Ed Hardy).
No... More of the comfortable yet stylish brands out there that I may or may not have heard of? Simple designs/graphics are okay and even lettering... Subtle.
But no skulls or neon tigers with jewels for eyes. :tsk:

One of my favorite brands of late (2yrs) is Daniel Cremieux (below). These Tee's are very comfy and the 100% cotton that has that worn look and washed a few times feel. Another few brands I wear is Lucky and David Bitton/Buffalo. I'd like to hear of additional brands that fit this description or you have experience with...

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 05:52 PM   #2
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

I haven't looked at the guys line for a while, but I just picked up a bunch from Guess for just everyday wear; they have some graphic on them but nothing over the top.

Klaus ///E46 M3 6MT

The Tank: '03 FFRR
Luxury Boat: '99 STS
There are no synonyms
Faymester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 06:03 PM   #3
Hil
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (60)

Send a message via AIM to Hil

Don't know brands, but stores like Express, H&M, and Metropark are good places to look that can be cheap as well

Mod List

SCboy no longer.. you can call me SCman.
Hil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 06:11 PM   #4
Dez
Driver

desthompson dezthompson

Tankfarm makes some really comfortable, music themed graphic tees. I have about 3 of them, got them for cheap at a sample sale. And they don't look all douchey. Check them out.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 06:14 PM   #5
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE

Thanks peeps! Tees are the best quick and comfy. But obviously I need more than a Haynes when I'm rolling out.
I figured with the huge popularity in graphic tees over the last couple of years, there'd be some more options.
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 06:23 PM   #6
gdot
Lead Lap

Check out Obey and RVCA shirts. I have some and they're real comfy.
gdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 06:28 PM   #7
potatoBBQ
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)

Send a message via AIM to potatoBBQ

Not sure if they'd be your style, but I like t-shirts from Uniqlo, Graniph, Wings + Horns, etc.
potatoBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 06:30 PM   #8
JessePS

yishai_ettebe jesteraver

It's hard to find decent graphic tees now days

Best bet might be still Buddhist Punks but it comes at a premium though.
JessePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 07:33 PM   #9
bad co
Lexus Champion

I stick with Armani Exchange, Guess, Diesel, Buffalo, Ben Sherman, Versace and INC
bad co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 07:44 PM   #10
RXSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessePS View Post
It's hard to find decent graphic tees now days

Best bet might be still Buddhist Punks but it comes at a premium though.
areed about how hard it is to find clothes these days. I hate Ts that are over the top and I cant seem to find anything that I like.
Old 03-02-10, 07:47 PM   #11
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I can deal w. over the top (I don't usually wear them myself, but I'm not opposed) what I can't stand are the ones that say stupid thing on them (usually sported by people don't even come close to what their Ts say - ie: "**** star")

Klaus ///E46 M3 6MT

The Tank: '03 FFRR
Luxury Boat: '99 STS
There are no synonyms
Faymester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 07:49 PM   #12
G Star
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to G Star

Mens fashion encompasses so much nowadays that it can be an entire forum all by itself.

I guess all I'm gonna say here is that I agree that brands like Affliction is too over the top, but there are different styles and nothing says bad boy like sharp edged fonts and swords and skulls like bad boy. The shirt that TXSTYLE is wearing, is a bit much for me but you pull it off, you have the confidence to be sporting that style.

My main brands are Diesel, G Star, Marc Jacobs, Ted Baker, Club Monaco, French Connection, J Crew, Scoth & Soda, Ralph Lauren etc.. I guess I'm more of a mix between All American, Prep, casual smart styles.

Oops...back on topic: Graphic tees can overwhelm your wardrobe, I like to dress up more often than dressing down so I only own a few graphic tees for super lazy days out and summer.

For all you graphic tee fans, All Saints has a certain rocker-street/edgy style: http://www.us.allsaints.com/mens/gra...-shirts?page=1

RXSF, you're correct, it is all about online shopping nowadays, you can find almost everything at a one stop shop website that totally destroys mega-department stores like Nordstroms, instead of going out to several malls to purchase things you actually like, just take some measurements at home, spend a couple of hours with a good imagination, you'll be very satisfied. Only thing I would be cautious for are return policies, some websites have specials where they do free shipping and return shipping, look out for that!

Last edited by G Star; 03-02-10 at 07:53 PM..
G Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 07:58 PM   #13
RXSF

Quote:
My main brands are Diesel, G Star, Marc Jacobs, Ted Baker, Club Monaco, French Connection, J Crew, Scoth & Soda, Ralph Lauren etc.. I guess I'm more of a mix between All American, Prep, casual smart styles.
you're speaking my style. Add Rhuel (which is now gone) and abercrombie. Problem with abercrombie is that its hard not to find stuff with ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH written on their clothes, which is wayyyy too shouty. this is pretty much my wardrobe.
Old 03-02-10, 08:01 PM   #14
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

I wear a lot of tees or golf shirts to work - one of the benefits of a home office. They are very comfortable with a pair of washed jeans and a good pair of kicks. Not quite the requisite three-piece suit I wore in the Corporate world, but much more comfortable.

My wife discovered second-echelon designer tees (Bugle Boy, Faded Glory, Cutter & Buck, etc.) at thrift stores when she was shopping for work clothes with our daughter. #1 daughter works in child care and needs cheap, washable clothes that survive leaky diapers and spit-ups easily.

She discovered a lot of companies often over-order custom golf shirts for tournaments with their logos on them - nice, name brand shirts that would run $30 - $40 without the logo, that sell for $5 - $7 in the thrift shops - because they have a bank or insurance company golf tournament, "Chase Bank Scramble", or "Met Life Pro-Am" over the pocket. For something I'll wear around the office or at home, these are pretty nice threads for anything like the price.

I wear a lot of black tees on video shoots, both for my company and for the church. Levi's, Dickies, and others make really comfortable black tees without any graphics, with and without a pocket, that sell for about $2 - $3 in the thrift shops.

People believe these shops sell used clothing, but there is far too much liability in that for most retail outlets. Clothing donated to the Salvation Army or Godwill is usually baled up and sold for rags. What shows up in the budget stores are factory overruns, old stock, unsold merchandise, and off-season apparel - still factory-fresh with the original tags on them. If you need cheap but good-looking work shirts, these can be real bargains.

Hint: always try on at least one shirt when buying at a thrift shop. I've found that many of these "leftovers" are mis-marked as to size. Find one that fits the way you want, then measure everything against it.
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 08:34 PM   #15
bad co
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXSF View Post
you're speaking my style. Add Rhuel (which is now gone) and abercrombie. Problem with abercrombie is that its hard not to find stuff with ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH written on their clothes, which is wayyyy too shouty. this is pretty much my wardrobe.
I used to wear A n F back in the day but now I find most of theyre clothes over the top i.e bleached polos.
bad co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 08:34 PM

Tags
buffalo, club, clubbing, cremieux, daniel, diesel, fashion, find, forum, graphic, guess, mens, tee, tees, wear