Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Let this be a lesson to all members

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-06, 12:45 PM   #61
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

I've driven drunk before so im not going to say anything about the guy. There is no doubt that what he caused was ****ed up, but I dont think he should be stoned for his actions. I dont know him personally, but I sure know him more than the girl. He was wrong, but I stand behind the dude for support.

PS: Can someone find out how long is the prison sentence for something like this?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
- ASA RT8 Rims, 20x8.5 (245/35/20 Tires)
Old 09-28-06, 12:53 PM   #62
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Some 'community' you guys turn out to be.

We can all give our condolescenes to the family of this woman for their loss in this tragic accident and that's fine if it's going to make you feel better but their family likely doesn't know about this site and will never see it.
So you're saying we shouldn't express condolences to the family of Ms. Lord because the family won't read it?

Quote:
We all know this so what other reason to put this out there than to satisfy your own guilt because you know or are associated with the person that caused this to happen.
I'm certainly not feeling guilt just because I've read reviews of obscure beers by the alleged criminal on here. The "other reason" is simply because we're empathizing with someone who died and had done nothing wrong.

Quote:
One of OUR community caused a loss of life and its going to affect every single one of us.
Yes, but not in the same way apparently.

Quote:
WE ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY, what he did was stupid and irresponsible and something terrible happened because of it. You can still support YOUR FELLOW CL member and not condone his actions at the same time.
By support I assume you mean empathy and not being critical? If so, quite true. I'm trying to do that.

Quote:
He made a mistake that's going to cost him dearly in so many ways.
Still alleged though, right? And it won't cost him as much as Ms. Lord though.

Quote:
Everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to voice it but with that right should come the responsibility of knowing the correct time and place to do so.
So when is the right time? If he's convicted and sentenced?

Quote:
Stories like this we should post so that it can serve as a reminder to all OF OUR MEMBERS that driving and driving is never acceptable and can have tragic consequences.
Definitely.

Quote:
Once again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this woman and those same thoughts and prayers go out to Beerguy and his family.
While we can feel compassion for both the victim and the alleged criminal, the fact remains their roles were not (allegedly) equal. Drunk or not, he was on the wrong side of the road and it sounds almost certain he was the cause of the accident.

But I agree there's no need for us to criticize as he has plenty to deal with.
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
Old 09-28-06, 01:12 PM   #63
bitkahuna
resisting entropy
Trader Score: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasc300 View Post
People in here that are judging him and dont know him are just as iggnorant and stupid as he was that night.
That just doesn't work. So if I judge a convicted serial killer I'm as 'ignorant and stupid?' Aaron isn't a convicted serial killer, but think of a car as a LOADED GUN. (It's at least as dangerous) From what we know he got drunk and then got in his LOADED GUN. Responsibility means planning ahead. You don't get drunk and then, because you're drunk, you're excused because you chose to drive. You can be judged as irresponsible. It may be harsh and not particularly constructive but it does not make the person judging irresponsible also or "iggnorant and stupid" [sic].

Quote:
Some people in here are making it sound like he did it on purpose - get a life.
If he was drunk and was not forced to consume alcohol (likely) then he GOT DRUNK AND DROVE ON PURPOSE. Did he drink with the intent to kill? No, which is why it's manslaughter and not murder I believe although I'm not an attorney.

Quote:
My heart goes out to Dawana Lord and Aaron Charles Daniel.
Mine too but again but don't forget one is DEAD and was utterly innocent from what we know.

Empathizing doesn't mean we should take the responsibility part out of it.
TLN #911 * Stop Global Whining
9/11- never forget
nosce te ipsum
Old 09-28-06, 01:24 PM   #64
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
So you're saying we shouldn't express condolences to the family of Ms. Lord because the family won't read it?

I'm certainly not feeling guilt just because I've read reviews of obscure beers by the alleged criminal on here. The "other reason" is simply because we're empathizing with someone who died and had done nothing wrong.

Yes, but not in the same way apparently.

By support I assume you mean empathy and not being critical? If so, quite true. I'm trying to do that.

Still alleged though, right? And it won't cost him as much as Ms. Lord though.

So when is the right time? If he's convicted and sentenced?

Definitely.

While we can feel compassion for both the victim and the alleged criminal, the fact remains their roles were not (allegedly) equal. Drunk or not, he was on the wrong side of the road and it sounds almost certain he was the cause of the accident.

But I agree there's no need for us to criticize as he has plenty to deal with.
Thanks for the breakdown Bit but my point is; if Beerguy had made the mistake of driving and had dozed off to cause this accident, I'm willing to bet that half of the 'righteous' statements wouldn't have been made. Even with the same tragic result. Driving while sleepy is probably something we've all done at some point and so is underestimating one's level of intoxication. I'm sure that there have been times (for those that take road trips) where you've been driving and had to say to yourself "I need to pull over, I can't keep my eyes open", but what if you couldn't stop? Maybe Beerguy only drinks beer and underestimated the affect that rum and coke bring (4 drinks of 32 ounces sounds like 4 beer mugs). Maybe he was drinking and hadn't planned to drive but got an emergency call and thought he was fine to drive. Who knows as the story is reporting only on the death of this woman (and rightfully so) but this is someone who was a member of our community before yesterday and unless Dave has cancelled his membership, he's still a member. We can try to live up to the 'community' or 'club' part of ClubLexus by reserving judgement since we don't know. This whole thread should have served as a cold reminder to the consequences of drinking and driving but instead we've wasted 3 pages of threads seeing who can throw the best insult out there.

To all the 'defenders' of this woman, without looking up, what was her name? Exactly, nuff said.

The Terrell Owens story should teach us all to not jump to any conclusions.

Nowhere in my rant did I trivialize this woman's life and subsequent death as all life holds equal value to me. But it's not my place to judge another man's mistake (notice, I said mistake not willful act).

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
Old 09-28-06, 02:08 PM   #65
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I don't think it's a big surprise that even with the same tragic results people will have different feelings for the person under a different set of circumstances. Dozing off is one example, how about running a red light or a stop sign, speeding, talking on a cell phone, any distraction that a driver might have could result in a death. I would assume most people's feelings would differ, but I could be wrong.
Old 09-28-06, 02:29 PM   #66
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TLW
Unhappy

Very sad and shocking

Not for nothing, if you saw pics of beerguy, he was very skinny. To drink (4) 32 oz. Rum and cokes would knock a lot of guys on their ***, myself included.

I'm suprised the bar served him that many.

Prayers to both families.
Old 09-28-06, 02:37 PM   #67
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Horrible event. My prayers go out to the victims and their families

New Orleans Saints, Super Bowl XLIV Champions!! Who Dat?!

R.I.P.E.S.H.
Old 09-28-06, 02:50 PM   #68
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLW View Post
Very sad and shocking

Not for nothing, if you saw pics of beerguy, he was very skinny. To drink (4) 32 oz. Rum and cokes would knock a lot of guys on their ***, myself included.
I'm suprised the bar served him that many.

Prayers to both families.
Interesting Bars and restuarants which supply liquor improperly may be considered negligent and liable for damages in a civil suit. The girl's family I am sure will hopefully file one. Bars are expected to exercise due care and not to serve anyone who is obviously drunk. Beerguy was as drunk as a skunk according to the article.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/northeast/347140-cl-of-north-east-forum-revitalization-thread.html

Rides: 98 GS400, 06 BMW X3 3.0, 07 335 coupe, 02 Toyota Rav4L, 2009 UDM ordered & being built
Old 09-28-06, 03:24 PM   #69
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLW View Post
To drink (4) 32 oz. Rum and cokes would knock a lot of guys on their ***, myself included.
No Kidding.
To put into perspective, (4)-32oz. Rum and cokes equates to about 10 -16 shots (1.5oz) of rum. Considering a "typical" size mix drink of 8 – 12 oz.
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT
  • 11 Dodge Challenger R/T
Old 09-28-06, 04:05 PM   #70
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

yeah where the heck do you find a 32oz. rum and coke? Maybe it was (4) 8oz drinks for a total of 32oz and someone got it all twisted, but (4) 32oz drinks of anything and I would be pissing every half hour.
Old 09-28-06, 04:12 PM   #71
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
yeah where the heck do you find a 32oz. rum and coke? Maybe it was (4) 8oz drinks for a total of 32oz and someone got it all twisted, but (4) 32oz drinks of anything and I would be pissing every half hour.
Which further illustrates the point that people need to try to reserve their condemnations.

Now we have the man running into bars, next he'll have stuck up a bank, mugged some girl scouts, and be the one who shot JFK.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
Old 09-28-06, 04:23 PM   #72
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

That kinda stumped me too - I'd have a hard time getting 4 32 oz. Cokes down, let alone the better part of a fifth of rum. That's a whale of a lot of liquid (and alcohol - 750ml) to consume in the course of an evening.

Gotta be something wrong with those numbers . . .
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Old 09-28-06, 04:37 PM   #73
plex
Retired SC Pilot
Trader Score: (9)

Just found this thread sad story on both sides RIP to the young lady..
Old 09-28-06, 05:29 PM   #74
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil4X View Post
That kinda stumped me too - I'd have a hard time getting 4 32 oz. Cokes down, let alone the better part of a fifth of rum. That's a whale of a lot of liquid (and alcohol - 750ml) to consume in the course of an evening.

Gotta be something wrong with those numbers . . .
for someone who wanted to make himself known as a beer connisseur and drinks all the time could have an extreme tolerance. To have 4 32oz. drinks over the span of a night is possible. He was a very small guy though, probably didnt weight more than 140.

It is weird going into to class and not seeing him now that I know who he was. Even people behind me today were still talking about it, he was the guy who was always tapping away at his laptop. I feel bad for the guy and his unfortunate situation, he seemed like a nice level headed guy.
suspension: supra LCAs, Tokico Blue shocks
xtra: 97+ spoiler /w led, custom clear side markers, piaa xtreme bulbs, custom interior white leds
Old 09-28-06, 06:02 PM   #75
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion

"According to a police affidavit, Daniel was disorderly, had bloodshot and glassy eyes, and was wobbling and swaying when he walked. He also told investigators that he had had four 32-ounce rum and Cokes. He "did not know where he was or what happened," the affidavit stated. "

Having (4)-8oz. or (1)-32 oz.drinks (Total of 4 shots) in a course of a night will not put you in a state of amnsia, having 10 - 16 shots will!
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT
  • 11 Dodge Challenger R/T

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 09-28-06 at 06:10 PM..
Old 09-28-06, 06:02 PM

Closed Thread