Closed Thread

Old 09-28-06, 01:52 AM   #46
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King7Two View Post
you have a good point......but he F'd up. ...he didnt "mean" to kill anybody
He made a mistake that has 95% of this forum paying attention......
those were '05 words.

probably just need to close this one down..!!

What a shame.
Of course he did not "mean" to, and he had no intention to go out and kill someone. He made an irresponsible decision, a decision that he has to live with for the rest of his life. I do not care if it was one year ago or last week that he said those words...the point is that he knew better.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT
  • 11 Dodge Challenger R/T
Old 09-28-06, 07:07 AM   #47
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldLexuSC3 View Post
Of course he did not "mean" to, and he had no intention to go out and kill someone. He made an irresponsible decision, a decision that he has to live with for the rest of his life. I do not care if it was one year ago or last week that he said those words...the point is that he knew better.
A prudent person should know that alcohol and shooting it at random. DWI & DUI is a strict liabilty offenses. No defense against those charges. Mr. Beerguy has some very serious charges levied against him that have a high conviction rate. Let this be a lesson to all not to drink even a glass of alcohol if you get behind the wheel.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/northeast/347140-cl-of-north-east-forum-revitalization-thread.html

Rides: 98 GS400, 06 BMW X3 3.0, 07 335 coupe, 02 Toyota Rav4L, 2009 UDM ordered & being built
Old 09-28-06, 07:38 AM   #48
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Some 'community' you guys turn out to be.

We can all give our condolescenes to the family of this woman for their loss in this tragic accident and that's fine if it's going to make you feel better but their family likely doesn't know about this site and will never see it. We all know this so what other reason to put this out there than to satisfy your own guilt because you know or are associated with the person that caused this to happen. One of OUR community caused a loss of life and its going to affect every single one of us.

WE ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY, what he did was stupid and irresponsible and something terrible happened because of it. You can still support YOUR FELLOW CL member and not condone his actions at the same time. No one is sitting here justifying any drinking and driving just like we don't justify street racing that results in an injury to a third party. He made a mistake that's going to cost him dearly in so many ways. The law and his GOD will judge him and that's going to be more than enough.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to voice it but with that right should come the responsibility of knowing the correct time and place to do so. Stories like this we should post so that it can serve as a reminder to all OF OUR MEMBERS that driving and driving is never acceptable and can have tragic consequences.

Once again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this woman and those same thoughts and prayers go out to Beerguy and his family.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h

Last edited by oohpapi44; 09-28-06 at 09:56 AM..
Old 09-28-06, 07:53 AM   #49
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (4)

Send a message via AIM to LEXUS_KID Send a message via Yahoo to LEXUS_KID

~WEALTH IS WHAT YOU ACCUMULATE, NOT WHAT YOU SPEND~
Old 09-28-06, 07:56 AM   #50
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
A prudent person should know that alcohol and shooting it at random. DWI & DUI is a strict liabilty offenses. No defense against those charges. Mr. Beerguy has some very serious charges levied against him that have a high conviction rate. Let this be a lesson to all not to drink even a glass of alcohol if you get behind the wheel.
I agree that this SHOULD be a lesson, but the sad fact is that too often it is not. The huge rate of DWI-related accidents every year proves that people just are not listening...or if they are, they forget the warnings 5 minutes later. We can go on telling ourselves that being " not casting the first stone " and being overly leinient with drunks will give them another chance, and MAYBE they will " reform themselves " but the truth is that, far more often than not, they simply repeat the same thing over and over again, and come up with the same empty promises to quit. They face the judge at a trial and say. " Please, Your Honor, I've learned my lesson...all I need is one more chance ", and play on the judge or jury's emotions....and the sad fact is this often works. They GET another chance.....and do the same thing right over again, and then they are back in the same courtroom pleading the same nonsense. The only practical way for society to be safe from drivers like this is to lock them up.
Jesus DID say that those who are sinless can cast the first stone, but He ALSO warned criminals to stop their actions or face stern punishment from the state.
Now...alcoholics CAN be cleaned up and reformed, but most of the time it is beyond a person's own power to do so....alcohol is a serious addiction. One must turn to God for supernatural help or use an available minstry like AA. But many drunks are only worried about how to avoid jail time in the short run, not really cleaning up their lives. If they do avoid getting locked up, it's right back to the bar next day after work.

I do not enjoy seeing a fellow CL member caught up in circumstances like this or facing serious jail time, and of course I don't know him personally, but from the description of those of you who DO know him, it sounds to me like he has had ample time to listen, but didn't until it was too late.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-28-06 at 08:08 AM..
Old 09-28-06, 08:27 AM   #51
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
I agree that this SHOULD be a lesson, but the sad fact is that too often it is not. The huge rate of DWI-related accidents every year proves that people just are not listening...or if they are, they forget the warnings 5 minutes later. We can go on telling ourselves that being " not casting the first stone " and being overly leinient with drunks will give them another chance, and MAYBE they will " reform themselves " but the truth is that, far more often than not, they simply repeat the same thing over and over again, and come up with the same empty promises to quit. They face the judge at a trial and say. " Please, Your Honor, I've learned my lesson...all I need is one more chance ", and play on the judge or jury's emotions....and the sad fact is this often works. They GET another chance.....and do the same thing right over again, and then they are back in the same courtroom pleading the same nonsense. The only practical way for society to be safe from drivers like this is to lock them up.
Jesus DID say that those who are sinless can cast the first stone, but He ALSO warned criminals to stop their actions or face stern punishment from the state.
Now...alcoholics CAN be cleaned up and reformed, but most of the time it is beyond a person's own power to do so....alcohol is a serious addiction. One must turn to God for supernatural help or use an available minstry like AA. But many drunks are only worried about how to avoid jail time in the short run, not really cleaning up their lives. If they do avoid getting locked up, it's right back to the bar next day after work.

I do not enjoy seeing a fellow CL member caught up in circumstances like this or facing serious jail time, and of course I don't know him personally, but from the description of those of you who DO know him, it sounds to me like he has had ample time to listen, but didn't until it was too late.
Part of my post was left out do to my crappy keyboard. The part that was left out was A prudent person should know that alcohol and driving don't mix. It is similar to shooting a gun at random. The charges levied fit the crime.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347140

Rides: 98 GS400, 06 BMW X3 3.0, 07 335 coupe, 02 Toyota Rav4L, 2009 UDM ordered & being built
Old 09-28-06, 08:44 AM   #52
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I agree with what varcity64 says, the guilt that Aaron will have to live with knowing he killed this women is a punishment in itself. I do think some of the outrage over these instances are the fact that the justice system isn't hard enough on the people who get caught before they kill someone. How many times to you read about people with 3 or 4 DUI's out on the road. I'm not saying Aaron falls into this category but I still understand why poeple are so fed up with drunk drivers.

On a side note, anyone read about Billy Lane from Choppers Inc killing a guy too, he plowed into a guy on a moped driving his Dodge pick-up drunk, and he had a prior DUI charge (may still be pending) in NC.
Old 09-28-06, 09:03 AM   #53
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohpapi44 View Post
Some 'community' you guys turn out to be.

We can all give our condolescenes to the family of this woman for their loss in this tragic accident and that's fine if it's going to make you feel better but their family likely doesn't know about this site and will never see it. We all know this so what other reason to put this out there than to satisfy your own guilt because you know or are associated with the person that caused this to happen. One of OUR community caused a loss of life and its going to affect every single one of us.

WE ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY, what he did was stupid and irresponsible and something terrible happened because of it. You can still support YOUR FELLOW CL member and condone his actions at the same time. No one is sitting here justifying any drinking and driving just like we don't justify street racing that results in an injury to a third party. He made a mistake that's going to cost him dearly in so many ways. The law and his GOD will judge him and that's going to be more than enough.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to voice it but with that right should come the responsibility of knowing the correct time and place to do so. Stories like this we should post so that it can serve as a reminder to all OF OUR MEMBERS that driving and driving is never acceptable and can have tragic consequences.

Once again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this woman and those same thoughts and prayers go out to Beerguy and his family.
Well said!

CV
NAV w/Premium Sound

2006 Blizzard Pearl GX470-SOLD
Old 09-28-06, 09:36 AM   #54
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG View Post
I agree with what varcity64 says, the guilt that Aaron will have to live with knowing he killed this women is a punishment in itself.
This is true to some extent, SCRUFFDOG, but it is also true that some people get so depressed over things like this that they turn to ..........guess what?.........MORE ALCOHOL to cover those feelings up. So they end up jumping from the frying pan into the fire....more DWI's, perhaps more deaths.

Sometimes, like it or not, people like this, unless they get professional and spiritual help and get cleaned up, simply HAVE to be removed from society for not only society's good but theirs as well. It does NOT do them a disservice of violate CL's sense of community, as some posters have suggested, to say that.

And, without being able to read bluestar's mind or what his feelings and intentions are, or how deep his addiction is, That's about all I can really say about the case. the rest is up to the judges, police, the girl's family, and the lawyers....and I hope God's help for him as well. With that I'll drop the issue.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-28-06 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-28-06, 09:48 AM   #55
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Quote:
This is true to some extent, SCRUFFDOG, but it is also true that some people get so depressed over things like this that they turn to ..........guess what?.........MORE ALCOHOL to cover those feelings up. So they end up jumping from the frying pan into the fire....more DWI's, perhaps more deaths.

Very true, happens over and over again. Let's just pray that Aaron doesn't become another one of those tragic statistics.
Old 09-28-06, 09:48 AM   #56
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
And, without being able to read bluestar's mind or what his feelings and intentions are, or how deep his addiction is
Beerguy not Bluestar. Bluestar is getting to you in the debates eh?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347140

Old 09-28-06, 09:53 AM   #57
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
Beerguy not Bluestar. Bluestar is getting to you in the debates eh?
Thanks, DASHOCKER.
For ONCE, ( heh, heh, ) you finally got me.

My apologies, bluestar.....I obviously did not mean to use your call sign. I meant beerguy.

( sometimes my call sign and marshmallo's gets mixed up too )
Old 09-28-06, 10:18 AM   #58
iasc300
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Nobody has the right to judge somebody in here- you dont know what he was going through, you dont know what was going on. He messed up, but god forbid you make a mistake. Hes is going to get what he deserves, and I do feel bad for the girls family and friends. But imagine what he is going through- You dont think he feels sorry or guilty? You dont think he would take it back? People in here that are judging him and dont know him are just as iggnorant and stupid as he was that night. Some people in here are making it sound like he did it on purpose - get a life. My heart goes out to Dawana Lord and Aaron Charles Daniel.

1992 SC300 Black -S-
1992 SC300 Silver Spruce - 5 spd - S -
1995 Supra TT White- 5 spd -
1993.5 Supra TT Black- 6 spd - S -
RIP Robert Gore- RIP Amos Nelson WIA BJ Jackson- 186 MP Company \Iraq 03-04/
Old 09-28-06, 11:19 AM   #59
cliffud
Former Vendor
Trader Score: (3)

Send a message via AIM to cliffud Send a message via MSN to cliffud Send a message via Yahoo to cliffud

sorry to hear he had to learn his lesson by crashing into another car... too bad he didn't just crash into a wall or go over a cliff - either one would probably have been better for him. his life as he knows it is pretty much over...
Old 09-28-06, 11:26 AM   #60
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasc300 View Post
Nobody has the right to judge somebody in here-
I disagree, we all have the right to make our own personal judgements based on any information we feel is appropriate to that judgement. Right, wrong, or indifferent and whether or not people want to agree with those judgements, we all still have that right in this world.
Old 09-28-06, 11:26 AM

Closed Thread