Register Forgot Password?

Let this be a lesson to all members

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-06, 01:18 AM   #31
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus
Trader Score: (9)

DR LEXUSONDUBS Lexusondubs lexusondubs
Send a message via AIM to lexusondubs Send a message via MSN to lexusondubs Send a message via Yahoo to lexusondubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanLex View Post
You are sure?
You speak for everyone else?
If I were you I wouldn't assume things.

I never did anything as you say"very stupid" to put other folks lives at risk.
thats very hard to believe NEVER but yes to lives/familys have been affected by this.pray for there familys
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Old 09-27-06, 04:35 AM   #32
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)

very tragic news. I really feel bad for the girls family
Old 09-27-06, 06:10 AM   #33
aliga
Sponsor
Trader Score: (126)

Send a message via AIM to aliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanLex View Post

A mistake?

Tell that to the girls family.
Sorry folks, it was a mistake but all is well now. A mistake is eating someone else's food when it's not labeled not drinking and driving intoxicated leading to the death of an innocent victim.

I see you have sympathy for him but not her or her family since you've failed to show any in your post.

I hope he rots in jail also.

I have sympathy for both sides, dont put words in my mouth.

What if Beerguy was your son, would you tell him to rot in jail? You probably would!

Authorized CL Vendor
Paypal: gazi_ali@hotmail.com underscore("_") between gazi and ali
Buy with confidence, check my feedback: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119137
Old 09-27-06, 06:26 AM   #34
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

I am praying for both him and her family. I am sure he wishes he could take it back. I am not innocent so I shall not cast the first stone.

CV
NAV w/Premium Sound

2006 Blizzard Pearl GX470-SOLD
Old 09-27-06, 08:22 AM   #35
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant
Trader Score: (5)

Default Innocent Until Proven Guilty...

So, I've been eyeing this post and see a lot of commotion.

First and foremost, prayers to both families of this tragedy. I can only imagine the difficulty of having such an event occur, but people are hurting from both sides. I wish them well.

Second, I understand that people are enraged by actions such as drunk driving. God forbid any of us get hurt or injured due to someone's wrong decisions. I hope we never find ourselves in such a position.

However, we cannot condemn our fellow CL member because we have no clue on the events that have happened. A lot of people have made assumptions: people have assumed that he was a loser, that he slept on beer cans, that he should rot in jail. It seems unfair that perhaps, just perhaps, that he can possibly be innocent depending on whatever the unknown circumstances may be. I can understand if we knew the whole case like a jury, but we are blind people that have nothing but a newsclip and heresy to rely on.

Let the law take its course. The truth will be told.

Otherwise, let's not condemn the guy. We have no right. Let the law do its job.

Keep it peaceful.

Lexus (you know...), Ducati Multistrada 1200, Harley Davidson Muscle Rod
Old 09-27-06, 08:50 AM   #36
GS wanted
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to GS wanted

Very sad. Condolensces go out the the victim and her family and a prayer for all.

It's the crest on the chest not the name on the back.
RIP RvP
Old 09-27-06, 10:16 PM   #37
varcity64
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

well, i never knew beerguy, nor have i ever spoken to him, so idk what kind of person he was... but i will say this, his "alleged" actions are COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and if proven guilty, he MUST BE PUNISHED... but i must add this... no matter the outcome, 2 lives are essentially over b/c of a stupid mistake... beerguy must live the rest of his life knowing he was guilty of drinking and driving resulting in the death of an innocent woman (allegedly)... i dont know about youy guys, but i have NO CLUE how i can wake up every morning and go to sleep every night knowing that i was responsible for killing an innocent person. as much as i must say that he needs to be punished, i do have some compassion in the sense that he is going to struggle the rest of his life with all the guilt... with that being said, i feel HORRIBLE for the woman's family. devastated is probably not even the word and i sure hope she didnt have a husband and kids b/c now their lives will be ruined as well... my condolences to the womans family and just a "keep ur head up" to beerguy b/c he will have a long road ahead of him...
Old 09-27-06, 11:44 PM   #38
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion

Sadly enough, 'Beer Guy' did not heed is own advice!

"The only time I get beligerant(sp) is when I am either home and not going anywhere, or I am out and I am not driving. That is what everyone should do, but people get carried away and take in way too much. It is not the alcohols fault that people are stupid.
What erks even me is drunk driving. I can't stand it and will even sleep in my car in a parking lot rather than drive home. Reducing this problem would be rather easy to do if the government cared at all. All that would need to be done is make it so that if you got one DUI, your liscense(sp) would be revoked forever. Note that this would not be a cure-all as some people of society would still drink and drive, but it would sure be a good deterant(sp) for the rest of us."
- Beer Guy 07/25/05
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT
  • 11 Dodge Challenger R/T
Old 09-28-06, 12:01 AM   #39
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Salt in the wound.

How long did it take you to find that?
did you smile when you found it?

Thats uncalled for.
Old 09-28-06, 12:33 AM   #40
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion

Post Update

Two women dead; two drivers accused of DWI
Sunday wrecks bring number of Austin traffic deaths in 2006 to 50.
By Tony Plohetski, Joshunda Sanders

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

.........Dawana Lord, a 29-year-old landscape design student at Austin Community College, had been out with her fiancé Saturday night and was returning from watching a band.

Investigators say Lord was a passenger in a white Toyota pickup that was struck by a green Lexus driving on the wrong side of West Ben White Boulevard just east of Manchaca Road at 2:30 a.m.

The driver of the Lexus, 25-year-old Aaron Charles Daniel, was charged with intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault, police said. His bail was set at $50,000 for the first charge and $25,000 for the second charge.

According to a police affidavit, Daniel was disorderly, had bloodshot and glassy eyes, and was wobbling and swaying when he walked. He also told investigators that he had had four 32-ounce rum and Cokes. He "did not know where he was or what happened," the affidavit stated.

Lord's fiancé, Jason Strickland, was taken to Brackenridge Hospital and was being treated Monday for a broken right ankle and severe bruises to his lungs. Her brother, Levi Lord, 26, of Beaumont said, "We're a close-knit family, so we're all in shock at the moment."...........
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 09-28-06, 12:44 AM   #41
King7Two
Lexus Champion

rest of the story please.
Old 09-28-06, 12:54 AM   #42
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by King7Two View Post
Salt in the wound.

How long did it take you to find that?
did you smile when you found it?

Thats uncalled for.
Sorry you see this the wrong way; however, I was not happy when I came across his comment that he posted on this forum. It made me quite angry after reading it that he was well aware of the effects and consequences of alcohol and yet he committed an inexcusable incident after had said that.
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 09-28-06, 12:57 AM   #43
EmeraldLexuSC3
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by King7Two View Post
rest of the story please.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Karen Rosenberg, a 51-year-old Delta Air Lines flight attendant and mother of two teenage boys, was doing what she loved to do: spending a Sunday afternoon shopping.

Dawana Lord, a 29-year-old landscape design student at Austin Community College, had been out with her fiancé Saturday night and was returning from watching a band.

Within a 13-hour span, the two women became Austin's 49th and 50th traffic fatalities after they were killed in accidents investigators say were caused by drunken drivers.

"She couldn't have done anything," said Debbie Ament, Rosenberg's sister. "She was just there."

Police said alcohol typically is involved in about half of fatal accidents each year.

Other victims this year include:

•Wyatt Hortness, a 1-month-old whose mother had been drinking at another son's baseball practice and was taking pain medicine, according to Austin police. The mother, Susan Marie Roten, was driving 84 mph in a 55-mph zone when her car struck a Ford Explorer and rolled several times, authorities said. She was charged with intoxication manslaughter and two counts of aggravated assault.

•Arjun Khanna, who was riding his bicycle on Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360) when he was struck and killed by a man who police said was using drugs. Jeremy Roy Wigley, 27, of Belton was charged with intoxication manslaughter.

•Erica Vasquez, 16, and Elias Sanchez, 5, who were killed in May when their car was struck by a pickup driven by Daniel Talamantes. Talamantes was charged with two counts of murder.

Investigators say Lord was a passenger in a white Toyota pickup that was struck by a green Lexus driving on the wrong side of West Ben White Boulevard just east of Manchaca Road at 2:30 a.m.

The driver of the Lexus, 25-year-old Aaron Charles Daniel, was charged with intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault, police said. His bail was set at $50,000 for the first charge and $25,000 for the second charge.

According to a police affidavit, Daniel was disorderly, had bloodshot and glassy eyes, and was wobbling and swaying when he walked. He also told investigators that he had had four 32-ounce rum and Cokes. He "did not know where he was or what happened," the affidavit stated.

Lord's fiancé, Jason Strickland, was taken to Brackenridge Hospital and was being treated Monday for a broken right ankle and severe bruises to his lungs. Her brother, Levi Lord, 26, of Beaumont said, "We're a close-knit family, so we're all in shock at the moment."

Rosenberg, identified by police as Karen Butschek (her name from a previous marriage), died after a gray Mitsubishi sedan that was traveling north in the 2900 block of Loop 360 left the road and struck Rosenberg's Buick Regal and another car as they were waiting to turn onto the highway from Barton Creek Square.

The driver of a Nissan that also was struck was treated at the scene.

Police arrested the Mitsubishi's driver, Matthew Troell, 29, on an outstanding drunken driving charge, and investigators said they plan to charge him with intoxication manslaughter in Rosenberg's death.

Six months ago, Rosenberg had stood outside her home in Spicewood with dozens of friends and family members to marry a college friend with whom she had become reacquainted.

For 26 years, she had worked as a flight attendant, frequently taking her sons, now ages 18 and 15, on trips with her to show them the world. Most recently, the three went to see an Atlanta Braves baseball game.

Cindy Tanner, a fellow Delta flight attendant from Austin who worked flights with Rosenberg, said her friend "could brighten anybody's day. When we flew together, we just laughed through our trip.

"Heaven is a happier place with Karen there," Tanner said.

tplohetski@statesman.com; 445-3605

By the numbers

25Alcohol-related traffic fatalities in Austin so far this year — half of the city's 50 traffic fatalities. In 2005, 31 of 61 fatalities involved alcohol.

3,812 The number charged in 2006 with driving while intoxicated, compared with 5,724 for all of last year, according to police.
  • 01 GMC Yukon SLT

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 09-28-06 at 01:01 AM..
Old 09-28-06, 01:07 AM   #44
King7Two
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldLexuSC3 View Post
Sorry you see this the wrong way; however, I was not happy when I came across his comment that he posted on this forum. It made me quite angry after reading it that he was well aware of the effects and consequences of alcohol and yet he committed an inexcusable incident after had said that.
you have a good point......but he F'd up. ...he didnt "mean" to kill anybody
He made a mistake that has 95% of this forum paying attention......
those were '05 words.

probably just need to close this one down..!!

What a shame.
Old 09-28-06, 01:18 AM   #45
King7Two
Lexus Champion

looks like everbody was drunk.

Lets fry the CL guy.....shall we?
Old 09-28-06, 01:18 AM

Closed Thread