Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

30th Birthday Ideas

Old 08-01-05, 06:23 AM   #1
1ton
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default 30th Birthday Ideas

My 30th Birthday is coming up towards the end of this month. My husband is stressing because he does not know what to do. We want to involve our close friends in whatever type of celebration we do. Any cool 30th Birthday ideas?

So far we thought about a cruise (but it is hurricane season). The other idea was to rent a beach house and have a little party. We live in FL.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-05, 08:00 AM   #2
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ton
My 30th Birthday is coming up towards the end of this month. My husband is stressing because he does not know what to do. We want to involve our close friends in whatever type of celebration we do. Any cool 30th Birthday ideas?

So far we thought about a cruise (but it is hurricane season). The other idea was to rent a beach house and have a little party. We live in FL.
Can't beat a Cruise. Maybe a birthday week? Where everyday, ya'll do something different? Maybe a party at an upscale hotel? Or a trip to somewhere you want to visit?
Old 08-01-05, 08:46 AM   #3
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

I can sure understand Floridians being gun-shy about hurricanes by now, but the advantage of a cruise over a beach house is that the boat can get out of the way!

Whatever you decide to do, don't put yourselves in a position where you have to be the hosts. No backyard parties, etc. - even at a beach house. This is supposed to be a fun time for you - have the major celebration catered, or have it off site.

With the weekend of the 27-28 of August falling just the week before the big Labor Day blowout, many venues may be available if you act soon. A lot of folks will be looking ahead to the big weekend, making the weekend before less crowded on the boat or at the beach. You might check online the availability of a small resort or a large B&B for a party your size. We have a few locally that can handle 15-20 people easily and provide a wonderful weekend.

A couple of sites to get you started:
http://www.florida-inns.com/
http://www.bnbstar.com/TravelGuide.a...e=1&stateId=12
http://www.innseekers.com/Florida.cfm
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-05, 10:03 AM   #4
1ton
Driver

Lil4x,

My Birthday falls on the 20th. Can you recommend anything?
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-05, 10:20 AM   #5
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ton
Lil4x,

My Birthday falls on the 20th. Can you recommend anything?
www.lexfest.net

It does fall the weekend of your birthday, in Baltimore
Old 08-01-05, 12:00 PM   #6
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Nothing comes to mind immediately, but Google: "august 20, 2005", florida, resort (use the quotation marks around the date) to get a ton of ideas. Pick something close to you to cut transportation costs and allow you to do a little recon this weekend. Sure don't want to throw a party in a dump. (OK you are going to get hits on several reunions (have you seen "Wedding Crashers"? . . . no, bad idea . . ), at least one nudist resort (worse idea), but you should get some pretty good ideas out of an hour or two's surfing. Call your best venues for details and arrange a visit if possible before you set this up. As you know, you are working on a VERY short schedule - unless you choose something nearby.

You might have something like a museum or a zoo, or another private venue that is available "after hours" for a unique theme party. I often work with a warbird museum in Galveston that is a real indoor, all-weather showplace - spotlessly clean, polished floors, beautifully restored (and flyable) aircraft on display - that is often used for banquets and *****, corporate parties and private events of all kinds. Appeals to gearheads of all kinds and the ladies love the brightly painted and polished aircraft (all historically significant) and the bright, colorful facility.

An arboretum or nature trail could be the scene of a unique picnic-themed event, or a natural history museum, or a private zoo, the setting for a costume party (don’t come as an edible species). A mini-cruise aboard a charter yacht, a weekend at a golf or tennis resort, maybe a hot-air balloon tour – all depending on your own interests, your guest list, if kids will be present (petting zoo?), budget, and what’s available. You could combine this event with a weekend getaway at a local resort for you and your friends. If you find a resort, ask the staff for ideas they can produce, or what’s available in the area.
TLN #42 -The Meaning of Life

Last edited by Lil4X; 08-01-05 at 12:20 PM..
Lil4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-05, 12:00 PM

Tags
30th, birthday, clubs, florida, houston, ideas