Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > The Clubhouse
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Turnpike hotline a sex line? This only happens in Oklahoma

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-05, 06:13 PM   #1
Senator
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the mansion in Holmby Hills......
Posts: 1,680
Default Turnpike hotline a sex line? This only happens in Oklahoma

OKLAHOMA CITY, USA - Oklahoma highway users wishing to call the state about electronic payment passes were mistakenly directed to a sex hotline.

Oklahoma Transportation Authority spokeswoman Brigette Berglan said the state's turnpike authority had made an error in a letter sent to 41,000 people. One digit was wrong in the telephone number for callers seeking advice on how to deal with toll gate payments.

Instead, they found themselves calling a sex line where they could speak with "exciting people", such as lonely housewives, students and fantasy girls for $2.99 a minute.

"We're not that exciting here at the authority. We prefer to think of ourselves as helpful," Berglan said.

Those who received the incorrect notice were sent a postcard with the correct number.



Only in this screwed up state, would this happen..

Josh
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/dat...Josh_s_Sig.jpg



It's rugby season, and I am a very happy person.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-05, 06:54 PM   #2
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Trader Score: (15)
 
O. L. T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 1997
Posts: 33,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator

Only in this screwed up state, would this happen..

Josh
well........... i agree
__________________
Mercedes C Class | 19" Staggered Zenetti's | HID's
OESpectrum Suspension | K&N filters | 2" drop

O. L. T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 08:02 AM   #3
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 49,671
Default

Sounds like an honest mistake to me. My guess is that somebody in the office that sent out the letter just typed 1-900 accidentally instead of 1-800. Yes, it had funny consequences, but it was probably unintentional.

A FAR more serious issue here, IMO, is why a HOUSEWIFE would do something like this on a sex-phone line. Students and " fantasy " girls are one thing, but a HOUSEWIFE? That is a no-no....a married person (male or female) should never, EVER do something like this....at least not while married.
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 10:11 AM   #4
vboy418
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,739
Send a message via AIM to vboy418
Default

haha lol!!!
__________________
2010 SUPERWHITE Camry SE w/ EVERYTHING
2008 Toyota Highlander Sport
2008 Starfire IS250 RIP
o3 solar IS
[Mazzuri] [Injen] [Jun] [Toyomoto] [Apex-i] [Phillps][TEIN] [TRD] [Rotora] [Axxis] [PLP] !SOLD!
vboy418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 10:42 AM   #5
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE
Trader Score: (2)
 
GRAND_LS 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 6,171
Send a message via AIM to GRAND_LS 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall
Sounds like an honest mistake to me. My guess is that somebody in the office that sent out the letter just typed 1-900 accidentally instead of 1-800. Yes, it had funny consequences, but it was probably unintentional.

A FAR more serious issue here, IMO, is why a HOUSEWIFE would do something like this on a sex-phone line. Students and " fantasy " girls are one thing, but a HOUSEWIFE? That is a no-no....a married person (male or female) should never, EVER do something like this....at least not while married.
Because some people get excited about the idea of messing aroudn with an involved women. Its a way to target the older folks. But its mor like saying... chat with old women in thier 30's and 40's.
__________________
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5469/grandblur1jx5.jpg
'02 GS430 NAV/ML Millennium Silver/Ash
'14 GX460 Sparkle Solid Gray Mica Metallic/Saddle
GRAND_LS 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 10:51 AM   #6
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 49,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboy418
haha lol!!!
Would you want YOUR wife....or husband......or fiancee......doing something like this, even if it brings in some bucks? I don't think you would be LOL'ing then.
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 11:34 AM   #7
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Vegassc400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Glued to my desk.
Posts: 3,746
Default

I highly doubt it's actual housewives on the other end of the phone. It's probably the same women that answer the phone for all the different lines regardless of the option picked then they just roleplay the selection.
__________________
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
1995 SC400. Platinum with black interior.
Performance - Custom exhaust. Injen Intake. CD/Slotted Rotors.
Exterior - 19" Racing Hart M5's. BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires. Painted Engine Bay. D-Speed clear corners.
Interior - Pioneer DVD Head Unit. Sylvania Silverstar headlights. Lextech Gauge Cluster. Leatherseats.com Two Tone.
Vegassc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 12:08 PM   #8
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
OKLAHOMA CITY, USA - Oklahoma highway users wishing to call the state about electronic payment passes were mistakenly directed to a sex hotline.

Oklahoma Transportation Authority spokeswoman Brigette Berglan said the state's turnpike authority had made an error in a letter sent to 41,000 people. One digit was wrong in the telephone number for callers seeking advice on how to deal with toll gate payments.

Instead, they found themselves calling a sex line where they could speak with "exciting people", such as lonely housewives, students and fantasy girls for $2.99 a minute.

"We're not that exciting here at the authority. We prefer to think of ourselves as helpful," Berglan said.

Those who received the incorrect notice were sent a postcard with the correct number.



Only in this screwed up state, would this happen..

Josh


what are you doing posting still? shouldn't you be packing for O.C.
talgrl626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 05:00 PM   #9
Senator
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the mansion in Holmby Hills......
Posts: 1,680
Default

Trust me, I am waiting for the "monsoon season" to pass.

If I could find a job that was at least respectable, then I would hop in my covered wagon and yell, "WAGONS WEST!" and be there shortly.......

Of course I would have to stop for a while in Vegas and get rich,,,,,,,


Josh
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/dat...Josh_s_Sig.jpg



It's rugby season, and I am a very happy person.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 10:26 AM   #10
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,092
Default

respectable? homie do you know how much you make as a server here in california's chain restaurant? you will meet beautiful and happy people(some of them mite slip their digits to u. both gals and guys maybe?) and you'll for sure be able to afford a room in O.C.

have u read the msn.com today? this couldn't come @ a better time
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/...home1&GT1=6032

Consider this - Jennifer Aniston used to wait tables, Madonna served donuts at Dunkin' Donuts, and Jerry Seinfeld hawked lightbulbs as a telemarketer.

if i were u, i'd applied a job @ the post office i dun think u'll get shot working there.. and u do get a 5-week vacation sounds fair to you, doesn't it
talgrl626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-05, 11:34 AM   #11
Senator
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the mansion in Holmby Hills......
Posts: 1,680
Default

Post office,,,,, wasn't the postal post office employee from Oklahoma??? (just wonderin')

But, do you know if they transfer?? The reason being is that they have the regional training facilty in Norman (where OU is) and that would be extra nice if I could just leave Oklahoma with a job and not have to worry about it.

I mean hell, since I was sick all weekend I didn't get a chance to do any of the things I had planned for the weekend so I have taken today off to do them. If they really do give a month's vacation then hell I'm in like Flint, but also I have heard that it is really hard to get out of places like the post office...

Josh
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/dat...Josh_s_Sig.jpg



It's rugby season, and I am a very happy person.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 03:41 AM   #12
Camshaft
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Camshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 780
Send a message via AIM to Camshaft Send a message via Yahoo to Camshaft
Default

I hate Oklahoma. They only serve 3.2 domestic beer! How can you live like that?
Camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 03:50 AM   #13
videcormeum
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
videcormeum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,177
Send a message via AIM to videcormeum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarshall
Would you want YOUR wife....or husband......or fiancee......doing something like this, even if it brings in some bucks? I don't think you would be LOL'ing then.
I guess it's better than her, him, or it ****ting it out for real on the street.

I concede your point, however. People are gross.

M.
videcormeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 12:55 PM   #14
meZoom!
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
meZoom!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: California
Posts: 2,601
Send a message via AIM to meZoom!
Default

the other day i was trying to call one of FedEx's toll free numbers and three times in a row i got a short sex line message and was hung up on after that.
meZoom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 01:08 PM   #15
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
Post office,,,,, wasn't the postal post office employee from Oklahoma??? (just wonderin')

But, do you know if they transfer?? The reason being is that they have the regional training facilty in Norman (where OU is) and that would be extra nice if I could just leave Oklahoma with a job and not have to worry about it.

I mean hell, since I was sick all weekend I didn't get a chance to do any of the things I had planned for the weekend so I have taken today off to do them. If they really do give a month's vacation then hell I'm in like Flint, but also I have heard that it is really hard to get out of places like the post office...

Josh

it's prolly not as hard as getting out as getting into another organization. then again it probably shouldn't be a challenge.

also, start applying UPS drivers. the wait is about 2 years and starting base salary is 4k/months. how u like dat.
talgrl626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 01:08 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
hotline, lexus, line, number, oklahoma, sex

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info