Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Lowering springs - VSC light on :( 06 gs430

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-17, 11:35 AM
Nzgs430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering springs - VSC light on :( 06 gs430

hi everyone I am in New Zealand and have a 2006 gs430 that's done 140000 kms fresh import from Japan, I had a suspension shop install some tanabe lowering springs last week and when I got home and drove it the next day the warning light was on and translated from Japanese it says ACTIVE SUSPENSION SYSTEM CHECK which I believe is the vsc? Anyway I took it back and they said they charged the battery in the boot and it was fine when I picked it up (no codes) but once again next time driving it the next day the lights back on! Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited by Nzgs430; 03-27-17 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Forgot details
Old 03-28-17, 03:10 AM
stktrdr2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VSC Light Sensor

Have the mechanic check the orientation of the leveling sensor to ensure it was reinstalled correctly. The sensor is located on the lower swing arm, behind the tire on the driver's side. It can be installed with the sensor arm in the incorrect position causing the light to come on. In that case, the VSC light will never go away. This is liklely to be the issue. If not, then the sensor just needs to be adjusted to your front headlight beams to compensate for the lowering of the car. Hope this helps!
Old 03-28-17, 03:28 AM
Nzgs430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stktrdr2
Have the mechanic check the orientation of the leveling sensor to ensure it was reinstalled correctly. The sensor is located on the lower swing arm, behind the tire on the driver's side. It can be installed with the sensor arm in the incorrect position causing the light to come on. In that case, the VSC light will never go away. This is liklely to be the issue. If not, then the sensor just needs to be adjusted to your front headlight beams to compensate for the lowering of the car. Hope this helps!

hi yeah what what they did was fit the suspension and also did the brakes at the same time then apparently some warning lights were showing including the brakes not being bled properly so they got it scanned and it cleared all the codes, the next day the explanation mark in red came up and said (translated from Japanese) ACTIVE SUSPENSION SYSTEM CHECK, so I took it back and they checked they had fitted everything correctly (apparently they had) so they got it scanned again and it came up with low voltage which was the battery in the boot (this model has two batteries) so they charged that and put it back in and apparently it was fine... until I turned the car on the next day the same warning came up, so obvious thing would be to replace the battery but it is $700 and I am hesitant to do so due to the cost and the coincidence that it has happened to apparently go flat right when I've had the car lowered
Old 03-28-17, 05:53 AM
stktrdr2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VSC Sensor

Next step would be to slightly adjust the pivot arm located on the sensor to adjust the front headlights. You'll need a 10mm socket wrench to loosen the nut that holds the arm in place and move it up or down. Moving the arm up results in lowering the headlights; and visa-versa. This will take about 15 minutes to do.

BTW, how are you liking the Tanabe spring coils? Did you install struts as well?? I recently lowered my 07 GS350. Really like the new look, but the rear end is a little bouncy. Not as firm as I would have expected.
Old 03-29-17, 02:35 AM
Nzgs430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stktrdr2
Next step would be to slightly adjust the pivot arm located on the sensor to adjust the front headlights. You'll need a 10mm socket wrench to loosen the nut that holds the arm in place and move it up or down. Moving the arm up results in lowering the headlights; and visa-versa. This will take about 15 minutes to do.

BTW, how are you liking the Tanabe spring coils? Did you install struts as well?? I recently lowered my 07 GS350. Really like the new look, but the rear end is a little bouncy. Not as firm as I would have expected.

Oh k I see, yeah they showed me that wee sensor arm but told me they had put it in correctly, how would you know it was in right if I was to adjust it? Like if I loosened it and moved it up and down would there be a point where the light went out or would I need to drive the car? The problem is these suspension people have no idea what they're doing with this sort of complicated thing so I think I might have to take it into Lexus and see if they can sort it out... But first this weekend I will remove the battery and charge it for at least 12 hours and see if the code atleast goes away temporarily because I'm beginning to think when they charged my battery they might have just cleared the code and gave it back to me lol

and in regards to the springs I'm happy with them and the height, it's very low in the front and very firm haven't noticed any bouncing in the rear? However where I live there was a major earthquake 6 years ago and the roads are very bumpy so maybe I'm just used to it! Lol